Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106084 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3915 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »
I'm feeling so left out. I don't take meds on a regular basis like you guys do. :(

Don't worry,

Your time will come. In fifty years you may have one of those nifty boxes, where you can meticulously sort all your pills for a week, into three or four different portions per day.

Time for L-Lysine and methylphenidate.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3916 on: December 18, 2012, 01:07:12 AM »
That's a relief.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3917 on: December 18, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
 :indeed:

Time heals a lot.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3918 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »
Its a bugger remembering when to take what, I'm on so many different ones:

clonidine, to prevent overloading-50mcg TDS (blocks or reduces [nor]adrenaline release])

tizanidine-a myorelaxant, works the same way as clonidine, although shorter acting and less of a hypotensive agent, 4mg BD. Enough of a dose of this stuff makes for a guaranteed knockout within minutes, no matter how badly I couldn't sleep beforehand.

Indomethacin-an NSAID type antiinflammatory, for my knee/hip problems, 50mg, TDS.
Oxycodone, as oxycontin 80s, nominally twice a day, but it varies according to how bad everything is hurting...and weather I fancy a little extra now and then :P

Chlormethiazole-mainly used as a sleeping pill, or alcoholic's detox med. I take it as an anticonvulsant, to prevent myoclonic twitching in my arms/legs/chest wall, I don't usually have full-blown seizures, although it has happened before. Barely bothers me since I got on this stuff, works great. Although it smells funny and eats through plastic like acid burns through wood, or acetone melts through polystyrene foam. 192mg BD. And handy, as I can use it just as a normal sleep aid if ever I need one.

Xylometazoline decongestant spray as needed, because clonidine and tizanidine both cause me nasal congestion as a side effect.

Fexofenadine, 120mg/d. Nonsedating antihistamine to stop the oxy and chlormethiazole-induced histamine release being annoying.

Chlorphenamine, or chlorpheniramine as the yanks call it-4mg QDS, although I can take a couple more if needs be and the pain meds are causing excessive itching.

Movicol-prevents opioid constipation from happening.

Gaviscon, to protect my stomach from the antiinflammatories.
Pantoprazole-20mg/d, a proton pump inhibitor that lessens acid secretion into the stomach. Protects my GI tract from the indomethacin, and helps stop acid reflux bothering me, as it quite often does otherwise.

I think thats everything.

Aside from OTC meds, paracetamol as and when, if my leg flares up and I'm desperate enough, as its useless bloody stuff, don't know why I even bother.

Codeine/morphine/tincture of opium cough syrup. Both to help when my knee/hip are really bothering me. Handy to have these as OTC meds, so when I'm out in town or the city center I can grab a couple of bottles of cough mixture from the nearest pharmacies and drink those. And it makes for a nice way to relax too :D

Although its a pain in the arse, pharmacies are only allowed to sell one bottle of cough syrup per customer, which means I have to trek round town visiting a few chemists to get enough to break through my opioid tolerance-it takes me about 100mg of morphine orally for me to feel it, unless I block its hepatic metabolism via CYP-P450-3A4 and CYP-P450-2D6 using a big dose of codeine, plus some grapefruit juice, in order to saturate said enzyme pathway.

And I find that NMDA antagonists such as n-ethylketamine, deschloroketamine, or 4-MeO-PCP help reduce opioid tolerance, as well as help with the neuropathic pain, which isn't really very responsive to opioids. Not to mention, I love a good K-hole, or the equivalent hole experience with PCP or ket analogs :autism:

Just took one OC80, my pantoprazole and 75mcg of clonidine.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:24:27 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3919 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
I'm feeling so left out. I don't take meds on a regular basis like you guys do. :(

Nobody takes regular meds like he does :zoinks:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3920 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
the oxy/chlormethiazole/clonidine/tizanidine +a sedating antihistamine put me out whilst still in a sitting position at the computer.

Nodding out again Snookums?  Tsk tsk.  Did you manage not to piss yourself this time?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3921 on: December 18, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »

Don't worry,

Your time will come. In fifty years you may have one of those nifty boxes, where you can meticulously sort all your pills for a week, into three or four different portions per day.

Time for L-Lysine and methylphenidate.

:LOL:  Each one of us has at least one.  I take 19 pills a day, the PR takes 11 pills a day and PA takes 9 pills a day plus eye drops.  Since I'm in charge of dispensing the pills, a pill box is a critical need.

As a hint from someone who has had to chase the blasted pills across the floor, if you do use a pill box with hinged compartments keep it in a ziplock bag.  When it falls on the floor (and it will) the pills stay in the bag.  The ziplock bag also keeps moisture out and pests out. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3922 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
There was no first time forthat, MLAnus. I am not like you, I have those things called 'class' and 'humanity'. You can wallow in your own ordure, both physical and verbal all you want; I''ll pass on that myself.

As for my meds, I just recently had both my oxy dose upped, and that of tizanidine. Still getting used to it. 80mg of oxy by mouth won't make me nod out, just make me very relaxed. But with the increase in my tizanidine, plus being on chlormethiazole, and clonidine, that lot sure will do. Tizanidine is pretty heavily sedating stuff on its own, I only need to take maybe 1-2x extra of the new 4mg pills I'm getting for it to knock me out cold.

QV-you do the meds for the PR and PA? how come they don't do it themselves?

I wouldn't mind one of those weekly dispenser type things. I do have a small traveling size 1 day one, but its far too small to fit all my meds in it. And its plastic, which means I can't carry the chlormethiazole, its really aggressive in the way it attacks plastic. Can only be dispensed in glass bottles. I've had it given by the pharmacy I used to use, in plastic ones, despite telling them of that property, and they were too stingy to give me glass ones.

The result was the vapors seeping from the capsules turned the bottles cloudy, sometimes softened them, and occasionally even welded the bottle caps to the bottles themselves, leaving me to have to saw the tops off with a hacksaw,

The pharmacy I get all my meds from now is great though, they don't have a problem with giving me the glass ones every time. Although I couldn't keep using the pharmacy I used to anyway, as they told me that chlormethiazole was no longer available and had been discontinued by the manufacturers, which turned out to be so much verbal diarrheoea-it was just their suppliers stopped doing it.

The place I score from now though is great. They always make sure that the three meds I always need to take right away on getting hold of them, my oxy, clonidine and chlormethiazole, are outside the main bag of my meds when I get a new script, so I can get them out quick without having to search through everything.

And lol...they have a REALLY good looking head pharmacist too. Tall, very, very thin, small, perky looking rack, and a stunner of a smile. If she were a spazz too...I so would have asked her out :evillaugh:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3923 on: December 18, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
There was no first time forthat, MLAnus. I am not like you, I have those things called 'class' and 'humanity'. You can wallow in your own ordure, both physical and verbal all you want; I''ll pass on that myself.

Memory problems again?  :(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3924 on: December 19, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
I took mine. I'd love to be without them but it seems I actually function better with them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3925 on: December 19, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
@ Lestat - The PR functions on a 9 y/o level and isn't to be trusted to dispense her own meds.  Also with her Cerebral Palsy we'd probably be chasing pills around the room.  Using one hand makes it difficult as you've experienced.

PA is going to be 71 in Jan and has attention and vision problems.  He's probably an undiagnosed ADHD - Inattentive type, but on the mild side.  He gets flustered when dealing with too many things (like too many meds) at once.  I let him manage his eye drops and rely on him to take his pills, but I put them in the box.   

BTW, I've been the principal driver since he wrecked his car before our 3rd date. Driving makes him anxious.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3926 on: December 21, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
How old is her ladyship, your highness?

If she is 18+, she might want to come and join us.s If ever she does, of course, I'll do my utmost to make her feel welcomed:)

And yes, I've took most of my meds, the oxycontin, some chlormethiazole, clonidine and the proton pump inhibitor, pantoprazole. Along with some fexofenadine and chlorphenamine, both antihistamines,because my oxy was making me itch.

Still need to take my antiinflammatory though. Need to eat first before I do that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:00:26 AM by Lestat »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3927 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »

Yes, but they don't seem to have helped. I'm all over the fucking place.

Every once in awhile, when I first started taking Strattera, I felt that way.
   I wondered on those occasions if a few empty capsules had made it into my batch.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3928 on: December 21, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
How old is her ladyship, your highness?

If she is 18+, she might want to come and join us.s If ever she does, of course, I'll do my utmost to make her feel welcomed:)

And yes, I've took most of my meds, the oxycontin, some chlormethiazole, clonidine and the proton pump inhibitor, pantoprazole. Along with some fexofenadine and chlorphenamine, both antihistamines,because my oxy was making me itch.

Still need to take my antiinflammatory though. Need to eat first before I do that.

She's 23.  The PR managed to get on the site a time or 2 when I'd stepped away from the computer while logged in.  Fortunately she only pm'd a member or two.  I'd be willing to let her join, but with her level of immaturity she'd be scared off with the first boob picture or mention of penis.  Besides, I don't think this website is ready for multi-generational members.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3929 on: December 21, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
Do we have any, as you word it 'multi-generational' members here? anybody's kids, or parents, other relatives here as a pair?

If the PR doesn't like boobs (really, there is no accounting for taste..surely, everybody lurves a nice  pair of boobs :P), or mention of dick, muff, interaction 'twixt dick and muff, then she can always walk away, to come back later, or not, as she feels like it.

Although it wouldn't take long to find out what her reaction would be, lol. This place is a hotbed of iniquity an sick autie/aspie humor. And thats just the way we like it :autism:

Took my meds, plus a bottle of codeine cough mixture, because my knee is pretty damned sore at the moment, and the oxy wasn't covering it. That can't kick in too soon right now.

Next time I see my doc, I need to remember to ask him for something for breakthrough levels of pain.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:47:34 PM by Lestat »