Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106084 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3825 on: November 21, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
Zolpidem is WEIRD shit. I've been rx'd it before, and at even half the recommended 10mg dose, it made me trip like crazy. In a very different way to true psychedelics such as psilocybin, DMT, AMT, etc.

Reminded me much more of that other funky GABA agonist dissociative/psychedelic, muscimol, from fly agaric mushrooms.

Had something similar happen to me on the other Z-drug, zopiclone. That gave me really peculiar auditory hallucinations...I'd be lying in bed, and all of a sudden, hear cartoonish springing, 'boing' type noises, popping, crackling sounds, and all sorts of other stuff that sounded like it had come straight from a looney tunes cartoon.

The other one, zaleplon, did nothing whatsoever, completely useless, ultrashort acting crap.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3826 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
Zolpidem is WEIRD shit. I've been rx'd it before, and at even half the recommended 10mg dose, it made me trip like crazy. In a very different way to true psychedelics such as psilocybin, DMT, AMT, etc.

Reminded me much more of that other funky GABA agonist dissociative/psychedelic, muscimol, from fly agaric mushrooms.

Had something similar happen to me on the other Z-drug, zopiclone. That gave me really peculiar auditory hallucinations...I'd be lying in bed, and all of a sudden, hear cartoonish springing, 'boing' type noises, popping, crackling sounds, and all sorts of other stuff that sounded like it had come straight from a looney tunes cartoon.

The other one, zaleplon, did nothing whatsoever, completely useless, ultrashort acting crap.

I guess that's why Medicine isn't an exact science.  I've not had any problems with Zolpidem.  PA will go under (sleep) with 2 aspirins, 4 aspirins have no effect on my sleep.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3827 on: November 21, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised that zolpidem is still used much, quite a lot of people have that psychedelic/dissociative trippy response to it. There have been lots of cases of people taking just the rx'd dosage, then going out arse naked and doing all sorts of things whilst on tripped out autopilot. Even driving, causing accidents, and afterwards, people have absolutely zero memory of the incidents, its VERY amnestic stuff.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3828 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »
I'm somewhat surprised that zolpidem is still used much, quite a lot of people have that psychedelic/dissociative trippy response to it. There have been lots of cases of people taking just the rx'd dosage, then going out arse naked and doing all sorts of things whilst on tripped out autopilot. Even driving, causing accidents, and afterwards, people have absolutely zero memory of the incidents, its VERY amnestic stuff.

PA and I joked about me having sex unconsciously while taking it.  So far it hasn't happened.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3829 on: November 22, 2012, 12:00:16 AM »
Ebay couldbe.

Don't bother with any of those ultra-microdose tablets, though. Some ripoff merchants claim 'scientifically tested/approved' etc. etc. about sub-milligram doses. Personally I'd recommend between 5 and 10mg. Its very safe stuff, pretty much nontoxic and is in general, well tolerated.

You can buy it at just about any drugstore or health shop in the US and Canada.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3830 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »
Ah. Its rx-only in the UK. Although legal to buy and possess without a script. I don't see why they made it rx only, given its vast margin of safety, and near  lack of either side effects, addiction/abuse potential or toxicity.

Would be far more convenient if they would just stock it in health food shops, pharmacies etc. rather than having to go online, pay shipping, wait for delivery etc.

It's a modern-day Catch-22. Someone once marketed it (or ogt it labelled as) as medicine when introducing it in select countries in Europe. These countries all require clinical studies and tests before approving it, but since it's an over-the-counter product where it is produced, the companies had no interest in conducting such expensive tests for what essentially are small niche markets, for the most part.

It's interesting that the UK still accepts its rx status, considering the size of the population. Sweden, OTOH, is even worse when it comes to prescribing Melatonin. Basically, they don't, not any longer.

/end pet peeve
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3831 on: November 22, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »

I guess that's why Medicine isn't an exact science.  I've not had any problems with Zolpidem.  PA will go under (sleep) with 2 aspirins, 4 aspirins have no effect on my sleep.
Strange isn't it. My mum gets sleepy when she takes paracetamol.

Years ago I took the antidepressant Effexor (venlafaxine). It gave me really bad panic attacks. Yet it is meant to treat anxiety and panic disorder.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:02:51 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3832 on: November 22, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
Zolpidem is so strongly amnestic you may not even realize if you did, QV.

Hmm...come to think of it, this might just be the stuff to have some fun with in that way. I can think of several cute classically autie girls who I'd just LOVE to have my drink spiked by, and be used in all sorts of very, very naughty ways by while out cold :D

Interesting about your mom on APAP. I wouldn't be surprised if its due to paracetamol being a prodrug for AM-404, an endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor/fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor (FAAH inhibitor), that blocks degredation of the body's endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM-404

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3833 on: November 22, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »

No.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3834 on: November 23, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »
Zolpidem is so strongly amnestic you may not even realize if you did, QV.

Hmm...come to think of it, this might just be the stuff to have some fun with in that way. I can think of several cute classically autie girls who I'd just LOVE to have my drink spiked by, and be used in all sorts of very, very naughty ways by while out cold :D

Interesting about your mom on APAP. I wouldn't be surprised if its due to paracetamol being a prodrug for AM-404, an endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor/fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor (FAAH inhibitor), that blocks degredation of the body's endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM-404

Come to think of it, PA has been rather tired these days.     ;)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3835 on: November 23, 2012, 12:37:47 AM »
Ebay couldbe.

Don't bother with any of those ultra-microdose tablets, though. Some ripoff merchants claim 'scientifically tested/approved' etc. etc. about sub-milligram doses. Personally I'd recommend between 5 and 10mg. Its very safe stuff, pretty much nontoxic and is in general, well tolerated.

You can buy it at just about any drugstore or health shop in the US and Canada.

Heck, I could even get some at the supermarket sometime.
   But not for awhile, I'm dogsitting next week and I can't afford to sleep too deeply.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3836 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »
Yes. 

Although I didn't take a pain pill or muscle relaxant last night, I slept well even with the rigors of Christmas shopping.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3837 on: November 23, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
I did.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3838 on: November 23, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
Just took the first of the evening meds.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3839 on: November 23, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
Just took 3x192ng chlormethiazole capsand 60mg of my oxycontin. Still need to take some clonidine, and I think I'll have some paracetamol along with some tizanidine, a muscle relaxer/adrenal blocker.

Been having just about the worst flareup  of my knee and hip thats ever happened before, think I may have torn something in my knee. I can only sit down if I have a huge pile of cushions and pillows under me, and lying down in bed hurts like hell.