Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106074 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3645 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
yes
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3646 on: September 27, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
Think I had it all today.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3647 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
Yes. It doesn't help.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3648 on: September 28, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »
Tell me about it. Been there, done that.

Fed up of these muscle spasms in my leg. The new one, quinine, that they just tried, thought it  might have helped a tiny bit at the very first, but no. Complete failure.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3649 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:09 AM »
Not all of them. I forgot.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3650 on: September 28, 2012, 04:37:19 AM »
Just got back from an appt. with my GP.

Dropped the quinine, as it wasn't helping, and he gave me some valium to help relax the muscles (and as a side effect, help me sleep), just 2mg nightly, not sure that will do anything, as I will already have a tolerance to GABAergics due to being on chlormethiazole, which will be crosstolerant with benzos, as its a GABAa positive allosteric modulator too, albeit one that acts more like a barbiturate than a benzodiazepine or Z-drug in terms of its action on the GABAaR chloride channel, molecular biology-wise. But it can't hurt.

Not the biggest fan of diazepam, it isn't my favourite benzo by any means, but we shall see. I fucking hope it does help stop the spasms, its unbelievably painful.

Not taken any of my meds today, other than my oxy, just shot up 3 pills, think I might just bang another one, although I'm undecided, in two minds weather or not I want another. Feeling pretty good though, I didn't sleep at all last night thanks to the cramps, but oh my gods, the feeling of strong opiates flooding through my veins is such a relief :)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3651 on: September 28, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
I took all the ones I was supposed to take.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3652 on: September 29, 2012, 07:39:19 AM »
^Same plus some meds for a headache.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3653 on: September 29, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »
Yes

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3654 on: September 30, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »
I took everything except for the lisinopril and I plan to take it tomorrow morning.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3655 on: September 30, 2012, 03:02:58 AM »
Not yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3656 on: September 30, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »
One OC by mouth, one in the arm, my antibiotic early dose, a couple of squirts of xylometazoline nasal decongestant (the clonidine I'm on only has, for me at least, the one annoying side effect of giving me an awful blocked nose, bad enough to make it quite impossible to breathe, so despite the fact that those decongestant sprays are in most cases meant for a few days to a week use at most, in my case I get it on weekly prescription with the rest of my meds.

Also took 50mcg of clonidine, and a smear of topical antibiotic cream for the ear lobe wound, and a little more on where I had the abscess from that bastard of a fly. Thats healed, just left a scar as is expected, although there is still a little, shallow bit of unhealed broken skin. No severe infection, if any at all, but its being slow healing, figured theres no harm in wiping a trace of antiseptic on there to clear away any possible residual infection, or if there isn't any, I don't think there is, just to keep it clean and prevent the open skin getting infected in the first place, help it heal quicker. same for my wrist, where I gashed it on a circular saw, I think there may be a trace of slightly infection. Between the antibiotics and the topical one though it should heal pretty quick now, I hope.

Took a couple of big slugs of gaviscon and a strip full of antacids too, not because I had heartburn, but to make my pain meds stay around a few hours longer, as by making the urine alkaline, excretion is delayed, making the same dose go a little further. And to help make sure my stomach is protected from my being on the indomethacin, its one of the big guns, as far as antiinflammatories go.

Although I have to wait for some reason, before taking antacids, for 2 hours after taking my erythromycin, not sure of the exact reason, but it must be dependent on stomach PH perhaps, for successful absorption, either that or perhaps the basic calcium salts etc in there might inactivate it. Have to ask my doc about that, out of curiosity.

Oh, and 2mg diazepam under my tongue to help relax my muscles and ease the cramps. Its helping, but only a bit effective. I can at least move it more afterwards. I am pretty insensitive to diazepam though as far as benzos go, I react strangely to some, such a for instance, I have a paradoxical rxn to oxazepam, makes me shake and twitch and feel pretty crappy. Going to ask my doc on monday if he can switch me to the benzo I usually use, when I do use benzos (ones I don't buy myself, in which case I prefer pyrazolam), I used to be on nitrazepam, which is decently long acting, and actually does help me sleep too, I've not been sleeping well lately.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3657 on: September 30, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Took the crazy meds and as many painkillers as I'm allowed to.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3658 on: September 30, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
yes

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3659 on: September 30, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
Oh, and 2mg diazepam under my tongue to help relax my muscles and ease the cramps. Its helping, but only a bit effective. I can at least move it more afterwards. I am pretty insensitive to diazepam though as far as benzos go, I react strangely to some, such a for instance, I have a paradoxical rxn to oxazepam, makes me shake and twitch and feel pretty crappy. Going to ask my doc on monday if he can switch me to the benzo I usually use, when I do use benzos (ones I don't buy myself, in which case I prefer pyrazolam), I used to be on nitrazepam, which is decently long acting, and actually does help me sleep too, I've not been sleeping well lately.

5mg diazepam sublingually is about the lowest dose that I can feel doing anything, and I've only taken it a handful of times, so it's not an acquired tolerance.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?