Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106068 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3540 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
I accidentally took my evening meds instead of my morning meds. My mom is bitching about it.

From a Mom with a MMD (Medical Mom Degree), tell your mom to chill out.  You're not going to die. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3541 on: September 08, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
Lit, any chance you could PM me where to get some from, off RX?

I just do not get given enough to properly kill the pain in hips and knees, or, despite NMDAr antagonists such as ketamine, 3-methoxy-PCP, methoxetamine, or the other PCP analogs I've tried.

Ducky, you are an adult, old enough that your mother has no right to bitch and whine about your meds, thats between you and your doc.

Just tell her to zip her trap and piss off out of your face DFG. She sounds like a bit of an old hag from what you have told me of her:P

Just taking one of my 2 spare oxy pills, having a lot of trouble locating a vein though, fuck.

10 minutes or so later...gotcha, little fucking bugger. Much better. Headache fucked off and died :)
Looking back, glad I chose OC rather than OTC liquid codeine cough mixture, not confident that my innards wouldn't reject it today, and it cannot be shot (codeine is strictly a prodrug needing metabolism in the liver, and can easily cause pulmonary oedema if IVed.

At least banging my OC, that way avoids giving my stomach the opportunity to throw it up, the codeine formulation I bought tastes bloody vile; I know nobody else who will drink it. Full of guiacol, so it both smells foul, and tastes of astringent wood shavings..

I doubt even the both of the bottles I picked up would have knocked off that level of headache.
I have no chlormethiazole though, the hospital doc couldn't break the rules for RX'ing that far, as I could find no past bottle in my room to bring to him.

The oxy and clonidine have stopped me fitting though.
Also had 40mg of baclofen from an old script from years ago, its a muscle relaxant, a GABAbR agonist, although a fairly crappy one. Better than nothing at all though, I've been having an unceasing, constant severe cramp in my left calf. Oxy will numb it enough not to feel it, but its still there in the background to torment me at night and leave me hurting when my last shot of the day wears off:(

Its been there for about 4-5 months, and simply will  not go away, even with baclofen and trying to massage it out. Feels as though somebody just stamped on my legs (unfortunately I have experience of that, having had my knee stamped on repeatedly as a kid by a big pack of charver pikey fuckwits...I did cover one of the fuckers in horse shite later though, and shanked another one :))

Took 300mg of lamotrigine in the morning, although I don't have a script for it, 'tis leftover bipolar meds from The Crazy Hell-Whorebag, 200 at first, and a further 100 after about half an hour, some chlorphenamine (sedating antihistamine and anticholinergic agent, a good antinauseant, and good at stopping me itching when I do my OC shots, in addition to 10mg of domperidone and an immodium pill

Also a nasal decongestant spray, xylometazoline, need to take that again now, come to think of it, I get it on script to stop nasal congestion, a side effect of alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonists like clonidine. Took a box of tizanidine I found in my backpack, a little alcohol, and my indomethacin, a strong NSAID type antiinflammatory, as well as some topical ibuprofen gel for my knee.

I just found a loaded bong too, of AM-2201, not smoked it yet, going to the shops to get a few beers first. Also had a few homemade capsules, each containing 4mg of nicotine freebase, as I couldn't smoke in the morning without choking. Can do now, Got a pack of cigars:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

TheoK

« Reply #3542 on: September 08, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »
Lit, any chance you could PM me where to get some from, off RX?

Oh, I'd be glad to, but it's from someone I know, not from the internet, and there aren't many of them left now  :-\

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3543 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
Bugger.

I might just have to go smurfing round every pharmacy in manchester for codeine syrup, and pull out  some BF3-ether complex to demethylate it to morphia. I prefer morphine to oxy, it gives much more of a rush when IVed.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3544 on: September 08, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »
Manchester?  Do you know Adam?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3545 on: September 08, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
Not personally, why?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3546 on: September 08, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
Not personally, why?

No reason really.  It's just that we don't have too many members who live in the same general area, much less same city.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3547 on: September 08, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
Took 300mg of lamotrigine in the morning, although I don't have a script for it, 'tis leftover bipolar meds from The Crazy Hell-Whorebag, 200 at first, and a further 100 after about half an hour
What do you take the lamotrigine for? I don't know if it will actually do anything when taken in one-off doses like that. I found it was a good med, had it as a mood stabiliser, 250mg a day. But it was really expensive and its effects wore off after a couple of years.

Took my morning meds today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3548 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
About to take the evening meds, late as usual

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3549 on: September 08, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
I don't take it regularly, but it happened to be in the house, my former housemate, the slag from perdition was on it, when I gave her the boot, lol I went through all her stuff and had away with all her meds that may be of any use, in exchange for the bitch jacking and hiding my meds, sending me crashing down in WD.

Took it because the myoclonic seizure was beginning and I needed to minimize it, to make sure I didn't end up injuring myself, like the time I went arse over bollock down the stairs, landing on both my bad knee, and flat on my nose.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3550 on: September 09, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »
Took mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3551 on: September 09, 2012, 01:24:02 AM »
Nothing today, unless one counts from when sunday technically started.

Heh, I've been up all night, yet half awake, eyes almost closed, pupils trying to shrink to pinpoints, even despite the mydriatic effects of antihistamines also packing antimuscarinic ACh antagonists trying to give me dinner-plate eyes, wide,staring, hatchet-killer-esque kind of eyes when I take sedating antihistamines such as the chlorphenamine I've been using for the oxy-induced itching, its been driving me fucking nuts. Not to mention the fly bite, that ended up giving me an abscess, the dressings make the covered bit of arm itch like fury, and demanding much use of the hairbrush-on-a-stick back scratcher

8 AM and time for me to check the postwhore-itis on a few forums, here, AFF, and a cland. chem. forum, have a cigar, pop an antibiotic for my AM dose, and take a couple of squirts of xylometazoline to keep my sinuses/nose clear when I take my morning dose of clonidine.

Going to (shocking, I know!) skip my morning shot of oxy, I just have no need of it right now, I'm in no pain, nor restless legs, or myoclonus issues etc. 5 OC 40s throughout the night did me just right.

I did have to put a dab or three of local anaesthetic, (lidocaine+benzocaine) mixed into tea-tree oil on the IV tracks though. Its a nuisance but I just cannot rotate my IV sites as efficiently as usual atm, as there is no way I could either hold a rig, stick it in my arm or push the plunger down, my wrist and hand are incapacitated, and just folds up like a scored bit of paper if
I attempt to put weight on it at all.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3552 on: September 09, 2012, 12:58:01 PM »
yes

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3553 on: September 09, 2012, 02:08:22 PM »
Lestat, I just remembered about lamotrigine - it needs to be titrated slowly so you don't get the reasonably well-known rash that comes along with other symptoms that can make you sick enough to be hospitalised.

My knowledge of pharmacology is limited but i know i shouldn't take other people's medications at doses not prescribed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:13:11 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3554 on: September 09, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
I've hopefully simplified my life by taking my morning meds with b'fast, my evening meds with dinner and my night meds after my bath.  I've been trying to find something that works after the doctor changed my diabetes pill to 2x a day.  I was getting all confused on when to take the dinner/night meds which should really be taken at different times.