Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106079 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #3315 on: July 12, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
Had the first bit. Next will follow soon.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3316 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:28 AM »
Yes.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3317 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
Just shot an OC 40. About to try and find an ancient rx I have for some muscle relaxants (baclofen) as I have a cramp in my left calf. Its from the early 2000s, 2k2-2k4 or thereabouts, but I never saw any point in throwing a rx-only script away, after all, I was bound to get cramp again at some time. Works ok as a sleep aid also, nothing fantastic but not too bad.

Also just had my antiinflammatory, an antihistamine (fexofenadine, a long-acting nonsedating one, I HATE sedating antihistamines, this works well for countering itching that comes as a side effect of my oxy. Sedating antihistamines just make me feel shitty, tired and unable to rest, impair concentration and memory)

All thats left right now is a corticosteroid nasal spray to bring the swelling down from whacking my nose repeatedly during those seizures, and the one I usually use, a xylometazoline/oxymetazoline spray (actually I use it as a dropper, the dispenser is  more convenient than the actual dropper type dispenser, a squeezy bottle rather than an annoying small bottle and pipette that its never possible to get the last bit out), to prevent the clonidine I'm on from causing nasal congestion.     
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3318 on: July 13, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
Just the crazy meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3319 on: July 14, 2012, 02:08:09 AM »
first bit
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3320 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
Just took my OC and clonidine (well half way through taking them, I always add more water after cooking up the OC to get out all I can). Still need my steroid spray thingy and my nasal decongestant.

TheoK

« Reply #3321 on: July 15, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
I don't take meds on a regular basis, but I took 10mg of amytryptilin to see if the reflux symtoms will decrease. The doc I was at a few days ago is one of the world experts on this, and he said that it is nothing to worry about, but it's incredibly irritating. Amytryptilin might help.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3322 on: July 15, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »
I'm stopping my anti-inflammatory for my arthritis.  One of the side effects is extreme fatigue and sleepiness.  I've been sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day recently.  I'm switching to a smaller dose of an OTC medicine for a while.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3323 on: July 16, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
What antiinflammatory are you on yer' highness?

TheoK

« Reply #3324 on: July 16, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »
I took 10mg of amitryptilin again. Will probably take 1mg of flunitrazepam later  :angel:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3325 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
Not a common benzo. Is it used regularly in your country? potent stuff.

I've had nitrazepam scripts before, probably my favourite benzo, long lasting, potent, but not TOO long lasting. I prefer a non-benzo called chlormethiazole though, odd stuff, comes in capsules of liquid freebase, which smells really funky if it gets out. And get out it does. Melts plastic bottles with the fumes that come off them if its dispensed in a bottle that isn't glass.

Acts more like a barbiturate (which I have experience of. Heavy duty stuff) than a benzodiazepine.

TheoK

« Reply #3326 on: July 16, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
No, it is not regularly used here anymore. It was some decades ago.

I do have pretty heavy prescriptions on diazepam from time to time though.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3327 on: July 16, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »
Not a big fan of diazepam, its too weak. Takes me an entire box of the stuff to even feel it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3328 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
What antiinflammatory are you on yer' highness?

Meloxicam,  generic Mobic.  My sleep cycle is shot to hell and beyond, probably since PA's surgery in December.  I'm going back on the Meloxicam and will try eye shades since we have a night light on in the bedroom to help PA maneuver.  Perhaps that's why I'm not falling asleep easily. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3329 on: July 16, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
I've tried it, didn't help much, was put on it for a while after I half fell/half jumped off a railway bridge. Got chased by a massive pack of pikey vermin that came suddenly steaming out of a bar I was headed for, looking for the first person in sight to...well..probably beat the snot out of.

So I legged it, and hopped over what I THOUGHT was a wall. Only it wasn't.  It was a railway bridge with a 30 foot drop into a bloody great bramble patch on the other side.

NOT a fun experience I dare say.

Oddly...I only took one of my oxycontin today. I should take two, but I haven't noticed any sign of withdrawal even though I popped my first one at something like 8am, its nearly 12 PM. Although my leg and ankle are hurting pretty badly, so I think I'll crush one up and..err...plug it :P

Just took my OC, and 0.5mg of clonidine (adrenal blocker of sorts) with it. That should be a lot better after it kicks in :)

And I think I'm going to take a couple of my old baclofen rx. Its years old, but still nothing wrong with it. Its a muscle relaxant, I kept my old rx, and added my former housemate's rx that was left behind when I kicked her to the curb and told her never fucking come back. Got hundreds of baclofen pills still, so I've been taking them to help deal with the constant cramp I have in my calf. Bloody constant it is, never just fucks off for a few hours and leaves me alone.

Gah..I could, for once, do with a stimulant to help me keep awake all night, I need to study the highway code as much as possible, in preparation for my driving lesson tomorrow. Switching from a manual to an automatic for my lessons. Instructor thinks its better, as all he had to go on, was my first lesson, which was JUST after coming out of hospital twice after those damn myoclonic episodes. Massively overloaded, had no meds for days (and did they help with that? buggery did they while I was in there, just gave me an oxy script when I actually LEFT the place!

My motor coordination was absolutely shot to shit, was recovering from such a huge overload. Hospitals always do that, but after 2 seizures, my brain felt like it had been kept in a cement mixer full of REALLY pissed off kraits for a week. Add that to my knee constantly collapsing, and one gets the absolute worst possible time ever to have a first driving lesson.

Switching to an automatic will give me one less thing to worry about, changing gear is less to think about, easier to concentrate on getting a decent pedestrian body count that way:D

No uppers available though at the moment apart from caffeine which doesn't agree too well. The pigs still have some of my lab supplies, along with my guns at the moment, although I will get them back, from when they raided the place on a fishing expedition with a blatantly illegal warrant, and there is 100mg of desoxypipradrol in there, in a small bottle of 1mg/1ml solution dissolved in 35% ethanol (I think thats the EtOH concentration anyhow).

It would be JUST what I need right now, a long acting (in the case of desoxy, a VERY long acting), quite selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor,  it does have some noradrenergic action, but IIRC the Ki (measure of binding affinity) for the dopamine transporter is twice as low (lower number for a Ki value means tighter binding for the target) at DAT as it is for NET (noradrenaline transporter). Something like 0.25mg of desoxy would be perfect for hyperfocussed studying.

As it is, I think I will brew a jug of poppy pod tea, I find that pretty stimulating, but not at all rough like classical uppers are, just helps me focus my attention, and will help with my bad leg to boot. If I can work up the guts to overcome that filthy taste and the 'Oh my bloody christ' stench that goes with it. My stomach wants to heave just thinking about it.

Got a nice batch of pods that have been drying for a week or so. Fresh ones, straight from the plant, are the most disgusting, fully dried poppy straw actually doesn't taste of much at all...just sort of musty, slightly like dried hay, although bitter due to the alkaloid content, which has to be covered up with lots and lots of sugar.