Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106066 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #2280 on: October 11, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
^^ take care of yourself, and get better soon. I have a sensitivity to doxycycline, I get very very sleepy to where I cannot wake up so when I had a PID I had to be switched. It is a very powerful antibiotic. MRSA is very serious. Since you have a child in school you are at risk for it. I hope this all goes away soon.

Thanks.  I'm allergic to sulfa antibiotics, Amoxicillin, and Erythromycin, but so far that's all.  I used to take Minocin for acne and I think that I took IV Doxycycline as a precaution against infection before a surgery that I had, so I hope that it's going to be all right for me.
dont die on us callaway. or ill have to kill you

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2281 on: October 11, 2011, 03:33:55 PM »
Cal, you're smart and you'll whip this thing with one elbow tied behind your back.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2282 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
Cal, you're smart and you'll whip this thing with one elbow tied behind your back.

I think I will, almost literally, since I don't use my right arm for that much right now.

My mother-in-law had the exact same thing last June, but it hit her a lot harder because she thought that it was gout at first and didn't go to the emergency room immediately, but waited for a doctor's appointment with her regular doctor, who immediately sent her to the emergency room, saying , "Go straight to the emergency room right now, or you will die."  The emergency room had IV antibiotics waiting for her when she got there.

Since I knew soon after it woke me up that it was probably the same thing she had in June, I knew to go to the emergency room right away, and I think that getting antibiotics so quickly probably saved me a lot of pain and suffering that she had to go through.  She called me earlier today and scolded me for doing too much.  My husband is leaving for India on Friday and she doesn't think he should leave when I'm still sick.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2283 on: October 11, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
I took both doses of the doxycycline today, but I still need to take the lisinopril, the Vitamin D, and the pain medicine so I can sleep.

I can ignore the pain pretty well in the daytime, but it really bothers me when I try to sleep.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2284 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »
nope! DOH! >.<

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2285 on: October 11, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »

I think I will, almost literally, since I don't use my right arm for that much right now.

My mother-in-law had the exact same thing last June, but it hit her a lot harder because she thought that it was gout at first and didn't go to the emergency room immediately, but waited for a doctor's appointment with her regular doctor, who immediately sent her to the emergency room, saying , "Go straight to the emergency room right now, or you will die."  The emergency room had IV antibiotics waiting for her when she got there.

Since I knew soon after it woke me up that it was probably the same thing she had in June, I knew to go to the emergency room right away, and I think that getting antibiotics so quickly probably saved me a lot of pain and suffering that she had to go through.  She called me earlier today and scolded me for doing too much.  My husband is leaving for India on Friday and she doesn't think he should leave when I'm still sick.

Okay, here's the schedule:

Odeon will do the laundry
Lutra will cook
One of Eris' boys will clean house.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #2286 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »
:LOL:

Um, will Eris' boy clean up a messy kitchen too? :P

(* and picturing Odeon doing laundry in the background) :laugh:

Nah, seriously.. really hope you get well soon, Callaway. Sounds like quite a bugger.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:18:42 AM by lutra »
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2287 on: October 12, 2011, 02:16:55 AM »
i guess im stuck scooping the doggy poo off the front yard than?....

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #2288 on: October 12, 2011, 08:23:27 AM »

It's good to know your place ;)

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2289 on: October 12, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »

It's good to know your place ;)

hey. at least ill have something to throw at people who piss me off  ;)

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2290 on: October 15, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
Silly little thread that is useful.  yes.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2291 on: October 15, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
I forgot to take my morning meds, which may be part of why my anxiety level is up. I'll soon be taking my night meds.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2292 on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:30 PM »
I have taken everything except for the vitamins.

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #2293 on: October 15, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
I need to take my painkillers but I cant be bothered to move to the kitchen to get them, maybe later.
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2294 on: October 16, 2011, 12:44:51 AM »
I took both doses of the doxycycline today, but I still need to take the lisinopril, the Vitamin D, and the pain medicine so I can sleep.

I can ignore the pain pretty well in the daytime, but it really bothers me when I try to sleep.

I know what you mean, my little aches disturb my sleep, it must be so much worse with what
 you have.  I hope you heal fast!  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"