Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106074 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #1200 on: December 10, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
No, but, did remember to get refills, so that I won't run short during Xmas.

Meds for me, meds for a kid, meds for a cat. I should start a pharmacy.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1201 on: December 10, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
I would have taken all of mine but one of my dexamphetamine tablets dropped on the floor and rolled away and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I took one instead of two.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1202 on: December 11, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »
I would have taken all of mine but one of my dexamphetamine tablets dropped on the floor and rolled away and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I took one instead of two.

When I drop mine, I have to hunt them down before Waggy finds them.  She got hold of one of them once, about half of which (2.5mg) dissolved in her mouth before I got it from her, and she spend the next several hours freaking out.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1203 on: December 11, 2010, 02:09:46 AM »

When I drop mine, I have to hunt them down before Waggy finds them.  She got hold of one of them once, about half of which (2.5mg) dissolved in her mouth before I got it from her, and she spend the next several hours freaking out.
We have cats and they are pretty fussy, they wouldn't touch a tablet. That must have tasted pretty bad to Waggy, have you chewed a dexamphetamine tablet before? Pretty disgusting. I think my tablet rolled under the fridge.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1204 on: December 11, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »

We have cats and they are pretty fussy, they wouldn't touch a tablet. That must have tasted pretty bad to Waggy, have you chewed a dexamphetamine tablet before? Pretty disgusting. I think my tablet rolled under the fridge.

The ones that I take have lactose in the binder, so they taste sweet when chewed.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1205 on: December 11, 2010, 04:02:04 AM »

The ones that I take have lactose in the binder, so they taste sweet when chewed.
It must differ from country to country. The ones I take are quite bitter.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1206 on: December 11, 2010, 06:24:28 AM »
Just took today's meds, almost time to get my refill!   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1207 on: December 11, 2010, 09:20:10 AM »
I'm back at that stage in my medication cycle where 40mg of dexamphetamine is no longer enough to keep me alert, or even awake, for a full 16 hours and I have to decide whether to compensate with caffeine or take a break from the dexamphetamine.  I'm going to have a sleep study done at some point in Jan/Feb, and the neurologist who's assessing me is keen to switch me from dexamphetamine to modafinil, which is reputed to be free from the tolerance issues that force me to take frequent breaks from dexamphetamine.  I'm curious about modafinil, but also apprehensive about coming off of dexamphetamine, since the dexamphetamine has a nice assortment of benefits besides just keeping me awake and I wouldn't like to lose those other benefits.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1208 on: December 11, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
took my meds, yes
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1209 on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

It must differ from country to country. The ones I take are quite bitter.

Mine are made by Auden McKenzie, in Middlesex, UK.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1210 on: December 11, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »
Yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1211 on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
Forgot the blasted evening meds with all that was going on.

eris

« Reply #1212 on: December 12, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »
meds ? sure I took my meds. I always do. see when i drink I have to eat candy. i did...And it is almost 8 am so Im almost sober again. But, I took my meds  :thumbup:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1213 on: December 12, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
They're right beside me as I type.  I won't forget them.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1214 on: December 12, 2010, 10:18:14 AM »
Yes!! and I did not forget them yesterday either.  :thumbup:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!