Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 111149 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7305 on: December 10, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »
yup
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7306 on: December 11, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »
Yep, even the afternoon dose.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7307 on: December 11, 2018, 07:14:04 AM »
Just  railed 20mg oxycodone IR, going to rail another 20mg, 10 up each nostril.

Then go take a nap, hoping it'll mostly wear off and I start going into REM sleep rebound. Not withdrawal, but I LOVE it when it partially wears off, my pain meds, when I am already asleep, I begin going into this weird super-dream state, intense as hell and incredibly vivid.

For some reason, during this state, I often go to several of the same places, places  I've been to before in dreams.

There's a spazz school, part of 'the hesley group' that I've never been to, but that's the same group that manages a cluster of speshul ed places for auties/aspies down south, I went to one of them. But I often find myself in one I know belongs to them, but that I've never seen IRL. It's weird.

Or some sort of hostel or something like a hotel but not a hotel. Very very odd, I've been to both many times when that happens. So when I go to sleep, I wait for my morphine to wear thin, but not put me in withdrawal, take a sleeping pill (well, time my dose of antiseizure medication, which also is, and indeed is mainly used AS one, indeed it isn't licensed for seizure treatment here at all, I get it off label from a doctor who is A-a bit of an old fart, like the drug itself, which is a dino-med I'm surprised,  but glad, is still used at all, and B-he knows that I know a lot more about pharmacology than he does, told me as much, so if I've got something to say and have printed off research journal articles, it is for an actual reason, and he knows he'll get an explanation as to exactly what I've got in mind)

REM sleep rebound, here I come.

LOL I'm probably gonna end up dreaming of the postie bringing me a big jug of methylene chloride haha :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7308 on: December 11, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »
Took my side effect med.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7309 on: December 11, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
Had the  weirdest fucking dream.....that was crazy weird.

A whole horde of demons, your typical 'I want to rip your face off and use it as toilet paper' demons, all fangs and eyes and bodyparts where bodyparts are not ever naturally intended to be.

Then this one demon, walking, for want of a better word, all in and among them, this demon, telling crude jokes which inevitably involved profanity of the worst kind, originally amusing the rest, but, even they got tired of this one demon.

So it goes looking to make friends, people friends. Thing was, it's digestive system was on the outside. So it kept running up to people, trying to give them a hug, only for bile and stomach acid and hell-spewings of whatever else nasty you find inside your average demonic entity, and as it does, the flesh melts comically off the bones of the poor buggers it kept trying to hug, one after another, with this one demon having a look on it's face that said 'awwWWWWWW!!!!', shrugging..well not quite shoulders. Shoulders have joints on them, not bile ducts and tentacles with teeth in their eyes, but things in the general area of just below and to either side of what might be called a neck, if you were C'thulhu after a really, really rotten hangover.

Then some bugger woke me up, my old man coming home with two friends of his, a bit annoying really.

It should have been a scene of absolute nightmarish horror, but this demon, it was so fucking funny. Getting really frustrated with itself because it's fellow flesh-ripping perdition-spawn all got fucked off with it's assclowning, then all the people it tries to befriend with a big, well-meant hug, ended up being covered in pus, bile and acid, left skinless, and falling to the floor screaming in a pile of person-goo with bones in it, steaming on the floor, then 'awWWWW not AGAIN...WHY!!! WHY ME!?!'

Really, really fucked up, but funny as shit.

I think I might just NEED medicating, with dreams like that. Heavily.

I think I'm going to have to self-medicate with some glassware and chemical shopping on ebay.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7310 on: December 11, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »
Poor demon! Even it's "friendlier" nature is lethal. A really nice fable quality to that dream.

Had the  weirdest fucking dream.....that was crazy weird.

A whole horde of demons, your typical 'I want to rip your face off and use it as toilet paper' demons, all fangs and eyes and bodyparts where bodyparts are not ever naturally intended to be.

Then this one demon, walking, for want of a better word, all in and among them, this demon, telling crude jokes which inevitably involved profanity of the worst kind, originally amusing the rest, but, even they got tired of this one demon.

So it goes looking to make friends, people friends. Thing was, it's digestive system was on the outside. So it kept running up to people, trying to give them a hug, only for bile and stomach acid and hell-spewings of whatever else nasty you find inside your average demonic entity, and as it does, the flesh melts comically off the bones of the poor buggers it kept trying to hug, one after another, with this one demon having a look on it's face that said 'awwWWWWWW!!!!', shrugging..well not quite shoulders. Shoulders have joints on them, not bile ducts and tentacles with teeth in their eyes, but things in the general area of just below and to either side of what might be called a neck, if you were C'thulhu after a really, really rotten hangover.

Then some bugger woke me up, my old man coming home with two friends of his, a bit annoying really.

It should have been a scene of absolute nightmarish horror, but this demon, it was so fucking funny. Getting really frustrated with itself because it's fellow flesh-ripping perdition-spawn all got fucked off with it's assclowning, then all the people it tries to befriend with a big, well-meant hug, ended up being covered in pus, bile and acid, left skinless, and falling to the floor screaming in a pile of person-goo with bones in it, steaming on the floor, then 'awWWWW not AGAIN...WHY!!! WHY ME!?!'

Really, really fucked up, but funny as shit.

I think I might just NEED medicating, with dreams like that. Heavily.

I think I'm going to have to self-medicate with some glassware and chemical shopping on ebay.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7311 on: December 11, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
Not yet as it's only 20 to 6 in the morning. For some reason I woke up at 4:30am.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7312 on: December 11, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
Antibiotics, then a shot of morphine, plus 90mg IR oxy.

Needed the pain meds, as I have a bad wound on my shoulder. Local infection, although I'm dealing with that, both systemic antibiotics, and on the wound itself, iodine. Now I've got a thumb and forefinger on the opposite side deep brown in colour, and a kinda spray-like pattern on the arm itself, from where I opened the tub, and some of the really small crystals inside flicked out when I took the lid off. Looks like I got hit by a shotgun shell, only full of little bits of iodine instead of lead slugs.

Got peppered with it, including a piece that landed right in the hole in my shoulder. It's shallowish, but a bit short of a 3/4 cm wide hole. Left it there though, it'll disperse throughout any infected tissue and help kill off anything nasty, while the oral antibiotics do their work.

Not exactly the most comfortable experience I've ever had. I have had worse, of course, but it isn't what I'd call 'enjoyable' :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7313 on: December 11, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7314 on: December 11, 2018, 11:27:44 PM »
yup.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7315 on: December 12, 2018, 12:13:47 AM »
Buggering hell, I really can't sleep right now. I just don't feel at all tired or sleepy.

Just took two sleeping tablets, in the hope of getting some shut-eye; two 5mg nitrazepam  tablets, quite a strong, long acting and very hypnotic type benzo, taste nice too, minty for some reason.  Just took one to begin with about 15 minutes ago, and a second still dissolving in my mouth.

Going to smoke a cigar lying on the sofa, while I wait and see if they do the trick, if not, then two more. I'm prescribed enough that I'm told by my doc to take them every day, twice a day. Not a chance of that happening, since they can be horrendously physically addictive. And to some, psychologically habit forming. Everyone would be affected in the physical sense, I myself have no compulsive tendencies with them psychologically thankfully.  I keep a damn close eye on how often I take any at all, and certainly not daily. Rather, I'll use higher doses, enough to actually put me to sleep, once or twice a week, three times maybe, and space them out, just more per dose.

If I really can't get any rest, I'll take a dose of chlormethiazole as well as the nitrazepam, together, although VERY carefully, as the chlormethiazole is notorious for knocking people off if mishandled; the two together, using a single capsule of chlormethiazole and a couple of nitrazepam tabs, that I KNOW will reliably and certainly put me out like a light, usually in 10 minutes or slightly more.

Just enough time to smoke a cigar, suck on a blackcurrant and liquorice, got quite a few bags full of those cheaply a while back, a favourite of mine. Hard blackcurrant candy outer shell, and in the center, a stick of hardish, toughly chewy liquorice extract running right down the middle. Delish.

While I curl up on the sofa, eyeshade down ready to pull over my eyes, whilst I wait for the meds to kick in enough so I know I'm about to be knocked out, and get in to a rather long treatise I printed off the net about inorganic sulfur and phosphorus chemistry.  Got some interesting info from the  real oldschool of inorganic chemistry, those who paved the way and had to do all the work themselves, inventing as many routes as  possible. Looking into a synthesis based on phosphorus pentachloride, which I can make, from red phosphorus and chlorine gas, as a suspension of powdered red phosphorus in an inert chlorinated hydrocarbon solvent, along with distillation in a dry atmosphere, that if I can pull it off  successfully, will provide a mixture of SOCl2 (thionyl chloride, a very valuable, versatile chlorinating reagent, and  a real favourite of mine, as the byproducts are all gaseous, and their leaving the reaction and the HCl and sulfur dioxide fumes being driven off  help drive the reaction equilibrium forwards, and the being gaseous, rather than as  with phosphorus  halides, leave no solid byproducts behind to have to clean up after me. Very fast to get to work too, SOCl2. Love it) and POCl3, phosphorus  oxychloride, as  a mixture that will need fractional distillation in a very dry atmosphere, as well as keeping the toxic fumes from both at bay, on a tight leash. POCl3 certainly has plenty uses too, as does the PCl5, and PCl3 they are talking of synthesis of  in the paper  I'm reading.

So if the pills knock me out soon, good, if they don't, then a dose of chlormethiazole along with them will certainly do the job. Probably before I can finish reading my paper and planning my synthesis experiments :D

Either way, lazing on the sofa with a good bedtime read, eyeshade mask and a cigar, then a blackcurrant and liquorice. Can of  cold coke on the  lounge table by my side for if I get thirsty at night. And  another if  I finish it. Diet coke, but better diet coke than no coke,

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7316 on: December 12, 2018, 04:27:58 AM »
 I did. Had to go to the chemist to get 4 of my meds, including my asthma meds. So glad I get two puffers for the price of one. I think it's because my dosage is high. It's taken me almost a year to get used to it (Symbicort), to take it without gagging. A couple of times I almost threw up, which is not like me.

Also got my Depo Provera vial, ready for injection into my butt. :moon:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7317 on: December 12, 2018, 08:25:56 AM »
Lestat,
I hope you got to sleep. also, I hope you finished your cigar before falling asleep.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7318 on: December 12, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
Ah!
I forgot...I came here to check whether or not I had remembered lol.

Taking now

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7319 on: December 12, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
done. I was wondering why I was feeling weird, lol.  I thought it was nerves because I have a musical presentation today ....  :violin: