Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106080 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7275 on: November 01, 2018, 12:48:18 PM »
Speaking of meds, I need to pick up a prescription.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7276 on: November 07, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
Late, but better late...

Have 5 days left of moclobemide. That will be the next med I pick up.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7277 on: November 09, 2018, 09:13:46 AM »
Sort of. Due to my recent operation after  a  nasty injury and infection, I've been in a shitton of  pain. And will the doctors help out? no will they fuck, too tight fisted with anything that could be used for fun, even if someone  does have a three inch fucking hole in their leg and can barely walk far enough to get to the shitter. Not exactly something someone can fake, and besides, the community nurses have  seen it and helped dress it themselves, so there are eyewitnesses.

So getting no additional help  in that  direction, causing me to run out of  my chronic pain meds faster, which would leave me  without for several days, which would be intolerable, both  due to withdrawal and to the  pain of both the injury that was operated on and the knee and (both of them) hip pain I already have.

So got 50x5mg methadone tablets, and an 8th  of some fairly good H, which is both making sure I don't suffer any withdrawals, and working wonders to take the pain away. In fact, I feel pretty sleepy as a result of those, took 9 of the methadone pills soon as they arrived, and have smoked a few pipes of the gear. Going  to force myself to stay awake until star trek and enterprise have been on the TV, and then, I'm going the fuck to sleep already :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7278 on: November 23, 2018, 05:09:04 AM »
Ran out of haloperidol last night, bought some more today.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7279 on: November 23, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
Need to pick up some new meds, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7280 on: November 23, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »
I popped a moclobemide tablet out of its packet this morning and it fell into my meds drawer and disappeared. Emptied my meds drawer and still couldn't find it. Looked on the floor then but there's nowhere for it to hide there. It's just gone. I'll probably find it tonight.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7281 on: November 24, 2018, 03:17:15 AM »
There's a black hole in your drawer. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7282 on: November 24, 2018, 07:42:51 PM »
I popped a moclobemide tablet out of its packet this morning and it fell into my meds drawer and disappeared. Emptied my meds drawer and still couldn't find it. Looked on the floor then but there's nowhere for it to hide there. It's just gone. I'll probably find it tonight.

Did you pull out the drawer?  :orly: Pills are jumpy little buggers, and if the drawer space is enclosed then it could be somewhere in the space around the drawer, or it maybe bounced and fell into the cabinet space under the drawer, or into another drawer underneath it.  :dunno:

:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7283 on: November 24, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
I did end up finding it, Gary. :)

It was as you said, in the drawer underneath. My pj drawer. It was just there, sitting on top of a shirt. How that happened, I don't know!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7284 on: November 24, 2018, 08:56:15 PM »
That's good. We usually freak out whenever a pill gets dropped because of the dog. It's never where we thought it fell. :GA:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7285 on: November 24, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »
Oh yeah, you can never be sure what a dog will eat and what it won't.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7286 on: November 25, 2018, 08:57:43 PM »
Had one recalled due to a carcinogen mistakenly contaminating certain brands.
I had to identify all my medications and fortunately, I had not ever had any of the bad drugs, according to my pharmacist who has records supposedly going back twenty years.

But, yeah, I took my meds.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7287 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:27 AM »
LOL Ren, I had something similar happen, not quite the same, but welcome and  just at the right time, on friday.

I was completely unable to sleep, and as it happened I ended up looking for something, can't remember if it was my E-cig or a bottle of lime cordial, diluted to be ready to drink when I get thirsty in the night.

Went looking under  the sofa with a compact little LED torch, tiny but bright as hell. What did I find? that I was sat on what I was  looking  for but that under there, just sitting there waiting, was a 'heminevrin' capsule (chlormethiazole), the stuff I use for seizure control and response, but also a potent sedative-hypnotic. Must have dropped it at some other time and not realized. Managed to fish it out, dust it off and pop that.

Was out like a light in no time.

As for today, taken some of them, thanks for reminding me about others.

But not the easiest or best fucking  task getting them; because some empty-headed stuck-up cretinous twat of a receptionist at the clinic was being a real snooty little bitch. I needed to get the scripts sent to a pharmacy via the clinic faxing them. Which they did several times just the other week  and more just very recently.  This stupid little whore kept refusing because the scripts include CDs (controlled drugs, morphine, oxycodone, and had the GALL to tell me 'you had to get a cab last week because of this, you know we can't do that. You've been on these meds a long time and you know this...blah blah etc. etc.. Fucking presuming to tell me what I know, what I have heard, what I have said, and acting as if she knew better and was  better than me.

No, I got a cab, because I had to use crutches and couldn't fucking walk, you stupid inbred fuckmuppet, and horseshit I 'know they can't do that', hell my old man told me that he himself had gone to pick up meds for me from the pharmacy they had faxed over!!

I remember getting it bloody done, the dumb motherfuckers, so don't presume to put words in my mouth. And christ, for a clinic to fax the scripts direct to a pharmacy, there is even LESS chance and  room for any form of fraud than if some representative of mine were to be sent to the clinic to pick them up in person, which is what I ended up having to do, which means I now owe the money for a fucking cab, because of their shitspeak and dissembling.

The pharmacy could have sent someone of theirs to get them also, but whilst they were alright about things there, all the same the earliest would have been 5pm tonight. I cannot afford to wait that long until I'm able to take my meds, especially ones like painkillers and the seizure meds, or either clonidine or the med I take to relax the muscle spasm in the calf of  my long-term bad leg because of the nerve damage they left behind after I had surgery on it.

Either of those last two could result, severe anxiety, shakyness, tachycardia aside, in a massive spike in blood pressure, as  they suppress the release of noradrenaline, and could cause a really nasty rebound, and a potentially dangerous one  at that.

But got everything now. Still fucking pissed with that little shit at the clinic.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7288 on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:59 AM »

I took mine on time today.
 :tard:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7289 on: December 04, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »
Yes.

Although, I had a literal fly in the ointment earlier. So to speak. My morphine shot, I had to discard any thought of administering it that way. Had to use a needle-less rig, and stuff it up the..., after first picking a fly out of it. A small one, no great huge blowfly, but who knows where that has been and feeding on what, introducing it into my shot?

Nothing I wish to introduce into my body in a dose of morphine. Along with bits of fly leftovers possibly.

It was either very dead, or very, very fucked up, after landing in 5ml of saturated aqueous morphine sulfate.

One could say, that fly must have been buzzing :P

Immediately cleaned the entire vessel of preparation out thoroughly with isopropanol, sterilizing every surface. (it's not a disposable container, but a heavy stone mortar. Made of, I think, onyx. So not something that one just gets a bit mucky courtesy of a fly with a smack habit and a set of sticky....??fingers?? and throws out in the bin :tard:

Still...little bloody arthropod wedlock-born faecal coagulopathy made ambulant. Spoiling it. Little fucker is lucky to have gone to it's grave in a saturated morphine solution, because had I much tinier fingers, and a really, really tiny vice, I'd have done nasty things with tiny thumbscrews and a miniature brazen bull to the wee sod.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:35:19 PM by Lestat »