Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106560 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #7230 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
I altered my post, so odeon, please also remote the quotation.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7231 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
Thank you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7232 on: August 08, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
Oh, BTW, 'remote' was meant to read 'remove'

You can't blame a guy for trying to put a few pizzas and  cold beers on his table,  can you? a man has to eat. One has to be enterprising, although for ren, I'd gladly help her off my own back, she is, well, extended family, just a long way off.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7233 on: August 08, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »
Just took early evening dose of chlormethiazole, about to take a low dose of oxy as my hip is aching both whilst I lay down on the sofa watching star trek and waiting for my 'cheese  feast' pizza to cook,  and because I will  have to be busy soon. A lot of walking up  and down stairs. Great. Just what I wanted. Although rather handily, my old man found a half full strip of morphine capsules hanging  off one of my trenchcoats which had been hung up.

That'll do a world of good. I'm going to be a very busy bee.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7234 on: August 08, 2018, 03:50:50 PM »
Oh, BTW, 'remote' was meant to read 'remove'

Yeah, I got that. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7235 on: August 13, 2018, 06:19:23 PM »
This thread reminded me that it's time to take meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7236 on: August 13, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
I haven't taken mine yet.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7237 on: August 14, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
Just took early evening dose of chlormethiazole, about to take a low dose of oxy as my hip is aching both whilst I lay down on the sofa watching star trek and waiting for my 'cheese  feast' pizza to cook,  and because I will  have to be busy soon. A lot of walking up  and down stairs. Great. Just what I wanted. Although rather handily, my old man found a half full strip of morphine capsules hanging  off one of my trenchcoats which had been hung up.

That'll do a world of good. I'm going to be a very busy bee.

Make your own pizza.  One of them pizza ovens to get the pizza hot enough.  Make your own dough, your own ingredients.  Only really works if you have family though.  Takes 20 minutes to heat up, then a pizza takes 90 seconds.  Done.  The ovens are £200, the fuels environmentally friendly and cheap.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7238 on: August 20, 2018, 10:08:06 AM »
Have taken some of mine, about to take others.

I have done before, although never a stuffed crust kind.

No special oven for it, just threw the requisite things in the requisite places, drowned it in cheese, olives, pepperoni, cooked what turned out to be the mariana trench of deep pan pizzas, a big fluffy fuzzball of a thing, that looked like somebody dropped a tactical nuke on a pizza dough factory but went down a very deep pizza shaped hole in a very short space of time, and wasn't sorry that it had either.

The ready made ones here, normal oven is up to temperature within a few minutes or so give or take, pizza cooked in ten minutes and scarfed down in two or three. You just caught me eating one now actually. Or would have if you'd have been here within the time it takes to fold something flexible a couple of times and munch it down in a handful of bites. (I didn't do two this time, because I only had two left, and I want to have something either for later tonight other than a tub of cream cheese or possibly some dehydrated just add boiling water and the contents of a packet of dehydrated flavouring BBQ beef noodles (although I like to throw in a bit of dark soy sauce too, and plenty worcestershire sauce, plus a couple of pinches of the ready-to-use dried fly agaric mushrooms that I harvest every year from as many of the spots for picking them I have close to hand or a good hike around as I can, as many times as I can. They are a pretty common mushroom in terms of general occurence, and not at all threatened. Most people wouldn't even eat them, as all the mushroom guidebooks list them as toxic. A few, idiotic and overcautious ones even as deadly or potentially so.)

But I know of only two cases in something like the past century, maybe two, that anyone has actually DIED from eating them, one being an italian diplomat quite a long time ago, who mistook them for the choice edible Amanita caesarea, which he must have been somewhat of an idiot to do, because fly agaric has a red cap, the Caesar's mushroom orange, fly agaric with white warts of the velum totale remnant flecking all over the cap, forgiveable mistake, sure if you are inexperienced. But to confuse bright orange stem and gills with pure white? thats a bit much. And besides, Caesar's mushroom doesn't even GROW in this country, sadly, although I'd love to try eating it.

The others being campers, who were using it recreationally. In the trance like state laden with extraordinarily vivid dreaming it induces in such doses, during winter, they froze to death. They were not poisoned by it, they died of hypothermia, same as they would if they had gotten comatose drunk.

It is slightly toxic, to somewhat poisonous, but if you know  how to prepare it, its damn tasty, fresh, it'll poison you, although not fatally, barring sheer gluttony in mistake for an edible you don't need to prepare specially (there are some, that raw or undercooked are bad news, a couple of them shouldn't be eaten at all, and at least one genus, the false morels, Gyromitra spp. contain monomethylhydrazine, highly toxic, to the liver, neurotoxic, a convulsant, generally really, really bad news, contains it in the form of a metabolically-labile precursor, gyromitrin, breaks down in the body to MMH. The later being used as high velocity hypergolic fuel for space rockets and missiles, and its downright unpleasant in terms of toxicity. Sensitivity being highly variable too, some people at a meal, from the same mushrooms (the level of gyromitrin also varies, mushroom to mushroom, season to to season, country wise, habitat wise, just about everything that can go wrong, probably will with false morels), will fall ill, some will not, all may or all may not. In some cases, people have eaten them, when thoroughly boiled twice, changing the leaching water twice at a minimum before cooking the way they are to be served, and instead of getting the diners, the volatile (it is rocket fuel after all, volatile in the case of false morel, MEANS it) methylhydrazine that offgasses as the crap is boiled out of them repeatedly, has gassed and killed the cook, even though they have eaten not a bite.

Fly agaric isn't bad news like that. I don't believe in gods or other deities, but among fungi, it is IMO one of the most sacred, treated wrongly it'll poison you and teach you a lesson why not to fuck with it without respect, but respectfully used, it can be made medicine, in particular conferring resistance to the discomfort (but not to hypothermia) induced by bitter cold, enabling one to withstand what physiologically they can take without bodily harm, without coming to discomfort,

I've walked miles in a blizzard, topless, wearing just a trenchcoat above the waist to go to a shop, whilst using the tonic tea I make from the slowly, gently heat-cured at minimum oven heat overnight until cracker-dry and they snap rather than bend, but retain the golden coloration, the caps only, being the part taken, the rest is not somehow worse for one than the caps, its just they are the creme de la creme of the mushroom, best bits to be had, so the gills I scrape off and return to, if I can, under silver birch trees, so the spores can hopefully come to fruition for further harvests, they can help boost endurance, give pains and aches the heave-ho, return the vigour sapped by colds and similar winter ailments,  banish fatigue, in larger quantities, can be a very unusual psychedelic-dissociative, operating as a GABAa agonist at the orthosteric GABA binding site, peculiar dream-inducing action, puts one under a deep, deep trance state,
during which one experiences  vivid and sometimes very profound, ineffable visions and emotional states, very, very different to psilocybin mushrooms,

And if given a twice-boiling cook, replacing the water to leach the actives or toxins depending on whether you are writing a mushroom guidebook for inexperienced foragers, or have been one of the latter for a good long time and have picked up various little tricks, insider knowhow in the ways of affairs fungoid etc., and come to know the mushroom 'personally' if that makes sense, cultivating a fruitful and beneficial relationship with the species (Amanita muscaria/fly agaric),  not just to know what is done with them, but to get a feel for doing the things to be done with them; then they can be thence cooked after the leaching, to divest them of psychotropic properties or toxic ones (actually, the toxin in fresh specimens BECOMES the psychotropic principle, ibotenic acid, a neurotoxin decarboxylates, losing CO2 under heat treatment and also to an extent drying, not sure how much dessication alone would suffice in a percentage wise manner however, ibotenic acid isn't stable stuff, which is good, because the principle it turns to, an isoxazole called muscimol upon decarboxylation is much less a toxin, much more a beneficial useful substance.

And if eating larger quantities of pre-cooked then cooked leached ones doesn't appeal, smaller amounts make a WONDERFUL meat spice, especially red meat and beef in particular. Its like nature's own MSG, coaxes and teases out the flavour and savoriness to be found lurking as yet un-lured from the meat, enhancing it with a honeyed-sweet yet meaty taste of it's own. Its one of my absolute favourite of spices and seasonings of all, for things based on dead animal flesh, to the extent that I wouldn't even contemplate making chili con carne without any.

It just wouldn't be right at all to my tastes, and one of the really good things about it, is there is a parasitic poroid, bolete-type mushroom that also grows under silver birch, as a parasite on fly agaric mycelium, Chalciporus piperatus, the peppery bolete, so where you find fly agaric, you have a nice chance, as long as the host of the fly agaric is silver birch rather than pine, of also finding peppery boletes, no special preparation needed for those, just dry them and divest them of bits of soil, grass, leaf matter etc. before the drying. Stuff into spice tubs, jars or whatever space you can fill, because  the two mushrooms  grow together and go together, both go into my special steak spice powder, a recipe of my own, a bit of a witch's brew of seeds, seed-pods, leaves, roots and mushrooms and together, blended into fine powder in a spice grinder, as some of the bits and pieces in there are a real shit to grind in a mortar and pestle, leathery peppery boletes especially, but a high speed whizzing blade makes short work of the resistance, and a fine dust results. Sprinkled on steak, a spoonful or two in a pot of chili con carne, in curries, delicious nutritious, and the fly agaric has use as an intoxicant, many uses in the kitchen, more still to be found in the medicinal and healing properties.

hell you can even call reindeer to you, if you live in a country with reindeer, to draw in your herd, because they go apeshit for them, if just sprinkled in the snow apparently, although that I haven't tried, given there being a rather distinct lack of reindeer in england, and me no reason to have a herd of them either. Or inclination to throw the harvest I'll have spent foraging for, taking home in bin liner bags, carrier bags, backpacks, anything and everything to hold a big enough harvest for a coming year, then going out and doing it again, and again, alternating spots so plenty have time to grow, thrive, disperse spores, and me to toss my wastes from the spore-bearing gills, of no value to me as I treasure the caps most of all, but they are of the most value to the fungus, I see it as a trade, its fruiting structure is of value to me, its reproduction is of value to it, so why don't I take what I can use, and return the bits from one population I won't use to sites with other populations, to facilitate genetic diversity, help try to spawn new fruiting grounds, it gets free travel tickets from me, I get what aside from reproduction, once that has done would be a load of flesh, a stick to throw spores higher and have them travel further from the parent mycelium; we both gain that way, and nobody loses. I won't risk depopulating my picking spots, very few others would touch them at all, very, very few, and it gets to maintain as high a genetic diversity as I can assist in; just by throwing out my trash.

I wonder how some  would go sprinkled on the pepperoni slices on a pizza. That might work. If I had another pepperoni pizza I'd do it right now in fact but all I have is a cheese feast. I want to try it with pepperoni and stuffed crust, maybe a little sprinkled over pickled black sliced olives tossed on top, followed by a layer of more cheese to sandwich the spices in the middle so it diffuses throughout the cheese.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7239 on: August 24, 2018, 06:02:09 AM »
Finished the Vyvanse. It was a bit of a let down as it wasn't strong enough. So back to regular dex today and I noticed the difference. I do hope that Vyvanse will eventually be available for adults who were dxed as adults on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme so we don't have to continually remember to take our medication at multiple times during the day.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7240 on: August 27, 2018, 07:02:11 AM »
Never tried vyvanse myself. I have thought it seems like it might be useful at  times though. Although on the other hand there is something I don't much like about the idea of extended-release amphetamines to begin with. I tend to find that I get impatient for it to wear off towards the end and take to little convenient metabolism-hacks such as acidifying the urinary PH in order to make the exit of speed from the body..well..speedier, so to speak, and I could definitely see myself after dosing amphetamine-XR of some sort thinking 'well fuck, lestat, now you've gone and done it, you cant UN-do it and hey, why don't you try the version which sticks around for another six hours or so while your at it!'. (yeah, I know, that might come across as surprising from me, but its actually the chemistry that I enjoy a lot more than I do the end product itself, with my generally only getting much benefit from stimulants for practical purposes, for when I HAVE to work, etc. and need to push myself that extra further few miles when I'm fit to drop and just need something to kick me up the backside in order for me to move in a forward direction, since  coffee isn't really my thing, or caffeine isn't, at least.)

I definitely prefer being on the grease-monkey end of the cogs and gears that go towards putting amphetamines together, rather than on the consumer end. Quality control is probably the main reason I'd be on the receiving end, to ensure that any given quantity is up to scratch, and meets my standards, as I have a personal rule for that kind of thing, namely that if I find that I wouldn't be willing to take something, then it is unfit for the market too. At least, if the reason I wouldn't consume a product is a reason related to it's being sub-par produce, rather than say, something that just doesn't agree with my body chemistry because I'm just not wired up correctly for it to be going into me, thats different, but generally, that is my test metric. Asking myself 'would I feed this to myself and if 'yes' then it can go ahead, if however I find I'm unwilling to take a product because it isn't of sufficient quality, I'd not sink to serving it up to anyone else either. Because I would hate to have my good name blackened as a consequence of dishing up poor quality or cut up crap (thats another personal rule, I just won't stand for cutting produce, it goes against what I stand for, its unethical, and clientele would far rather have pure product and pay an according increased price compared to some street garbage that might well be as low as 5% amphetamine sulfate, and the rest bloody glucose or some such dross thrown in to pad it out and add weight. Using a plant based carrier for a synthetic of some sort to be administered via smoking where the compound itself is of such potench that a diluent is needed is different mind you, I'm alright with that (E.g same principle as the reasons you don't see a doctor doing his rounds in the ward handing out pure, un-diluted, fentanyl hydrochloride or citrate salts, as microscopic specks of dust whilst wearing a hazmat suit and gas mask to his pain patients, or asking that his patients weigh out their own medications down to the milligram, capsule them or tablet them, blister-pack them, before opening their day's dose. Nothing wrong with simply  making sure that a compound of high weight potency is compounded in an acceptable pharmaceutical form prior to it's being dispensed is there? nobody goes round selling single hits of LSD as lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate etc., they mix it in to gelatin squares, press microdots or lay blotter, that is mandatory for it to be practical to be able to contain the high weight to activity ratio of acid and LSD analogs, no? its not unethical, as such, to do the same for other stronger offerings, as long as the clientele isn't being duped into thinking they are buying a gram, say, of *insert string of letters and numbers appropriate to oddball synthetic cannabinoid compound here*, but a gram of a plant matter carrier of nontoxic, non-active nature, layed with said compound at a dose of for example 1mg per gram of plant carrier, to facilitate people not having to weigh out their produce with a milligram-sensitive scale each and every time they wished to partake, and instead be presented with an offering such that they could use the familiar Cannabis sativa/indica skunk as a visual metric, the end research chemical type compound being presented such that alike physical quantities are calibrated such that a bowl of product is approximately equal, inasmuch as the synthetic cannabinoid offering is equal in nature to begin with, to a bowl of the kind that grows out of the ground, whilst of course not being presented as something it isn't)

But otherwise, I prefer to let quality speak for itself. High quality, pristine offerings on the market, they can advertise and speak for their own good character, better in my book, to charge the appropriate, but fair, increased price and give a product which is 100%, along with the caution that it is, and as such should be dosed in appropriately smaller quantities than the cut stuff people would be used to, and 'if you don't believe my word for it, try before you buy, take a dose out of the very same bag that you would be purchasing, and let the potency speak for itself, DON'T take my word for it, take the word of the merchandise. (I actively encourage people not to take my word for it, at least at first, so that they can instead, behave as if the sample dosage were to be of the nature I claim for it to be, act appropriately for safety's sake, and then find out that my claims are in fact, the truth of the matter, so people can see for themselves what is or is not truth vs falsehood, let my good name build itself as a result, whilst promoting my work in as ethical a manner as possible.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7241 on: September 03, 2018, 08:48:16 PM »
Took my meds today, at 10am. A bit late, but not so late that I shouldn't take them.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7242 on: September 04, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
I just had a shot of morphine sulfate, IM, (150mg), plus as I had to walk half way to the nearest local pharmacy, to pick up something they'd had to order in specially for me (I could have gone into the village itself and there is a pharmacy there where the pharmacists know who I am, as I pick up my med refills there every week, they know who I am, and what they will need to have in stock specifically for me, and how much of it, and when)

But I already HAD some of the antiseizure med, chlormethiazole, I'd accidentally been given an extra prescription for it (and it can be fun when used in a larger quantity than a capsule or two, as long as one is very, very careful), so I decided to go to the local pharmacy I'd not just cashed a script for the same  stuff in at, and have them order it in for me to be here the next day. Just got a lift up there, although had to walk back, as my uncle had paid a visit to my old man and  I, to do a few things like grab him (my old man)  some maggots  (to go fishing with, not to eat :autism:) so when my uncle was getting ready to go, I hitched a lift up to the pharmacy as it was right on his  way off anyway and got the accidental double script.

I'm not complaining. The pharmacy I use regularly already had everything bagged up, but for some reason the chlormethiazole was left off my repeats, I saw the pharmacist pick the bottle up out of the bag, assumed he had put it aside for when the script was filed in at the surgery after I called them on their error. But unknown to me, that meant the surgery wrote another script, but the pharmacist hadn't taken the first one out, he'd only written a label on it and put it back in, I left thinking it wasn't in there, and had the surgery do another script. Which they did, that left me with twice the normal. Useful, so  I can now actually TREAT seizures,  saves  me going for a rescue pack.

Took a heavy dose to sleep, from the extras, as I was tired, wanted rest, so I did, and woke JUST as 'star trek-enterprise' is  coming on:)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7243 on: September 13, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »
I did except for Symbicort. I'll go and take that now since I am wheezing after my walk.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7244 on: September 14, 2018, 11:16:38 AM »
I did, yes.

- Albert Einstein