Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106066 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6855 on: June 14, 2017, 01:43:58 AM »
There are only a very few exceptions to generic vs brand or other specific formulations not being equal, granted the drug within is the same quantity and salt form if a salt etc. Mainly for things such as epilepsy meds, then it can be important that the patient once stabilized on one form be maintained on the same kind.  Or with immunoglobulins for certain immunotherapies, (these are pooled blood products from donor blood), in many cases batch numbers are meant to  be recorded and patients maintained on exactly the same product from the same manufacturer. But for something like straterra, just go for the cheapest option.

Sounds like fucking nasty shit though to me personally. Like all the bad side of speed and none of the good, enjoyable traits.

And yes, sort of anyway, took the morphine for this morning, just railed a few oxy caps, skipped the nitrazepam (heavy duty sedative/hypnotic, don't want to be asleep right now, at least not all day) that I've been using temporarily for anxiety due to the shit (that hopefully is now over, although I'll build up a nice big stash so they are there when I really need something to calm my nerves, for those days where its one big heap of shit and I end up feeling completely fried, or can't sleep at all, for quite some time before I actually tell my doc I don't need the rx any more. I might even wait for him to stop it rather than me, and although not needing to, insist on a taper (which he would, for safety's sake since withdrawal from the stuff is dangerous and can cause seizures. I'm not dependent on it though. I just can't rely on being able to get anything for sleep or anxiety/panic/having my nerves run ragged etc. when I do need it, because too many docs are biased against giving sedatives out for even a damn day, so I'll milk it for what its worth whilst the tap is flowing, so not only can I be certain of having what I'd need, but I can thus avoid having to wait it out feeling crappy for however long it takes to get an appointment, staying up until 8 am, with only a slim chance of getting any help at the end of it instead of being fucked off and left to feel even worse through sleep deprivation)

Will take a dose of the chlormethiazole though, and a couple of tizanidine and clonidine (both the latter work the same way, by blocking noradrenaline release, think straterra in reverse, almost, or not far off. Muscle relaxers, lower blood pressure, stop jitteryness (I'm not taking it for BP myself), work wonders on RLS and stop me overloading too. Got to be one of the best meds I've ever tried for overload prevention. And it does, doesn't just stop one thats started but actually does stop them happening in the first place.

And whilst I only use stimulants of any sort, caffeine included (although thats almost the last on the list of preference) occasionally, both of them help with avoiding crashing. And the tizanidine is useful too for the now permanent stiffness and difficulty moving, plus otherwise permanent severe muscle spasm in one of my legs after an operation on it got botched.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:55:20 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6856 on: June 15, 2017, 11:35:19 PM »
Went to the doctor about asthma and a few other things. Regarding asthma, my peak flow reading was only 70% of what it should be, despite having 4 puffs of Seretide a day. The new med is Symbicort (which I forgot to get) and I have to take prednisolone (which I remembered to buy) for 5 days to clear the airways.

This is the most treatment I have ever had for my asthma, usually it's well under control and it's like I don't even have it as long as I take my preventer. Current situation is bugging me.

So, took prednisolone when I got home and have already had my head meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6857 on: June 17, 2017, 12:59:08 AM »
Wow, prednisolone works well. I haven't had clear airways like this for a long time. I didn't realise how bad it was.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6858 on: June 17, 2017, 02:47:27 AM »
Wow, that is very strong stuff.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6859 on: June 17, 2017, 06:50:31 AM »
It is, but I am only on it for five days thankfully.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6860 on: June 17, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »

I wish you luck. :)
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6861 on: June 18, 2017, 05:22:28 AM »
I wish you luck. :)
Thank you. :) I go back to the doctor tomorrow, and hopefully my peak flow is much better. It should be, my breathing is so much clearer.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6862 on: June 19, 2017, 11:16:50 PM »
Went to the doctor, peak flow was a bit better. An improvement anyway.

Last day of prednisolone today.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6863 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:20 AM »
Bloody bugger luv',  that blows anal sphincter that its bad enough to need a strong (oral?) steroid like pred for it. *delicately squeezifies the renster* glad your feeling better though, your one of my favourite people here :)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6864 on: June 20, 2017, 05:47:56 AM »
This thread just reminded me to take some of mine that needed taking. (2x4mg tizanidine, a muscle relaxer with a name my doctor for some reason pronounces the name of back to front, as 'tinazidine', to prevent my messed up leg from going into muscle spasm due to the neuropathy  affecting the calf area. It isn't doing now, I just want it to stay not doing it. Also just had both morphine sulfate and oxycodone IR, about to take a couple of cimetidine (a stomach med similar to tagamet, although it has the added bonus feature unlike ranitidine, of prolonging and intensifying the activity of morphine and/or oxy via blockade of a pair of liver enzymes of the cytochrome P450 superfamily.

Plus a squirt or two of otrivine up each side of my hooter, to counteract the vasodilatory effects of adrenergic alpha2 receptor agonists like tizanidine and another med I'm about to take, clonidine (not quite overload-proofing, but as a daily or on an as needed basis it h elps prevent me being as subject to it as I would otherwise be. Debating or not whether now is the right time or not to take my mid-day-mid afternoon dose of chlormethiazole or not. Leaning towards it since I feel fairly stressed out in an aggravated kind of way what with the way my vacuum pump is acting up . Had to turn it off and sponge it down using a shirt soaked in cold water on the sides closest to the exhaust motor and really frequently top up the oil, yet still pull a relatively inferior vacuum thats been causing me no end of grief.

Does sitting back, stretching out and slouching in my chair clutching a frosty  bottle of lager and a cigar count? in this accursed searing weather I think it just might well do.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6865 on: June 20, 2017, 06:27:30 AM »
Bloody bugger luv',  that blows anal sphincter that its bad enough to need a strong (oral?) steroid like pred for it. *delicately squeezifies the renster* glad your feeling better though, your one of my favourite people here :)
Yep, oral it is. Doctor said if I should need it again, to take it and make an appointment to see him. Because he doesn't want me constantly on steroids like that. Symbicort is ok, reliever and preventer in one and only two puffs a day which means it should last 60 days. Still have my Ventolin just in case. Looking forward to walking to college tomorrow morning with clear lungs.

Thanks for caring, Lestat. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6866 on: June 20, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »
Yes, I am fully medicated for today.  :2thumbsup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6867 on: June 20, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »
Of course I care about ya ren :) your a kick arse lass and all round good sort. I'd hate you being miserable.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6868 on: June 20, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »
  I'm drinking the prep drink for my colonoscopy.  There's a lot of it.  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6869 on: June 20, 2017, 06:17:15 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: