Educational

Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106066 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #6780 on: April 29, 2017, 06:35:18 AM »
  Yes I did.  May need ibuprofen later, for the headache, or the eye-ache, or something else.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6781 on: April 29, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »
Getting tweaked, ren? :D

I might just join you

It isn't really today, today, yet. So just nitrazepam, about to follow with morphine, and some amphetamine myself, since I need to be awake and alert right now for the work I'm doing, although mine is racemic rather than just dexamphetamine. Been contemplating chiral resolution though, would be a fun challenge. Since D and L amino acids are available easily enough and could likely be used like D- or L-tartaric acid, to selectively salt out the corresponding isomer of a chiral mixture of optical isomers.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6782 on: April 29, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
Haha, Lestat. I am glad I took them as I find it difficult enough to sit through a movie without daydreaming and fidgeting. Plus when I drove home it was midnight. Way past my bedtime!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6783 on: April 30, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »
Kept me nice and focused too. Whilst I doubt very much my doc would script me anything of the kind, (not sure if racemic amphetamine is actually available here, dex is, and I think possibly meth. Personally I'd prefer either dex, or ethamphetamine (no not meth, I do mean N-ethylamphetamine, would be easily made via reductive amination methods using ethylamine instead of methylamine, either of which whilst watched for sale in countries (and sellers of course) who cooperate with american porcine and DEA scum, either are easy to make. Dissolving metal reductions of the acidic variety, like Fe/HCl,  Zn/HCl or iron powder/concentrated acetic acid can reduce nitromethane for methylamine, or it can be made from hexamine camping solid fuel, whilst ethylamine can be made from the harder to obtain (for most) nitroethane by the same reduction, its not dissimilar to the type of chemistry many bees use to make psychedelic phenethylamines like mescaline, 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-D, or the likes of the TMA series (these are mescaline analogs with an alpha-methyl, amphetamine counterparts of the psychedelic phenethylamines. Nitroethane is difficult for a lot of folk to obtain, much more so than nitromethane, as the latter is used in mixtures of methanol and sometimes castor oil as fuel for model drag racing cars and can be distilled out, nitroethane is used in a few nail polish removers. Although personally I have access to a good grade of either if I want them. (although Fe/acid and Zn/acid don't work to reduce the intermediate nitropropenes to the aminoalkane directly, which would give N-unsubstituted, primary amine amphetamines, whilst the likes of meth, ethamphetamine, N-propyl/isopropylamphetamine are more suited to making secondary amines via first reduction of the nitromethane/ethane etc. and then reductive amination of the product of such acid reductions, 1-phenyl-2-propanones, aka P2Ps, BMK (benzyl methyl ketone), amalgam reductions or LiAlH4 reduction, or else a two-step reduction using sodium borohydride first to reduce the nitro group and the double bond of the phenylnitroalkenes afforded from substituted benzaldehydes and knoevanagel-type nitroaldol condensations and then a dissolving metal reduction to reduce the double bond to give the product can allow use of such acidic dissolving non-amalgam based reductions directly to amphetamines in two steps. For some reason the presence of the double bond allows the lewis acidi transition metal salts like ferric chloride to coordinate to the nitro group, leading to production of P2Ps instead of direct reduction to the aminoalkane. Fe/HCl etc. does work for phenethylamines, but not for alpha-substituted (amphetamines, the term comes from Alpha Methyl PHEnEThylAMINE) products, but for synthesis of N-alkylated amphetamines rather than plain amphetamines of the primary amine type, its actually better, because its a lot easier in practice, in terms of reactivity and avoiding over-alkylation to tertiary amines (such as dimethylamphetamine which whilst I've never tasted it is reportedly a really weak stimulant)

Also trying to mono-alkylate a primary amine to a secondary is difficult and usually a lot of dialkylamine occurs as a byproduct, or even quaternization to inactive compounds, reductive amination of the intermediate ketone is much more selective and efficient, Although N-alkyl amphetamines with ring substitution seem to lose a LOT of their activity and take on more of an antidepressant profile of activity, things like ARIADNE, BEATRICE, and the active members of the Classic Ladies series of ring-substituted amphetamines (all of them are N-alkyl derivatives of previously known psychedelic amphetamines, only with N-R groups where R is a small alkyl group, but it seems psychedelic activity drops off sharply with N-methylation of active psychedelic amphetamines. The primary and perhaps only exception to this is in the methylenedioxy ring substituted compound series and alkylenedioxy ring-expanded versions retaining activity (which sharply drops past ethylenedioxy, although the benzofuranyl (like MDA, MDMA etc. but with one or the other of the two oxygens in the benzodioxole system replaced by carbon, these too are active empathogen/entactogens and indeed, whilst I've never tried any of the benzofuran-6-yl derivatives I've found the benzofuran-5-yl isomers (ring numbering for the benzofuran rings is shifted up a position on the phenyl ring with respect to MDxx, 3,4-methylenedioxy becoming benzodifuran-5,6-yl) they are IMO more pleasant, and easier on the body, at least the benzofuran-5-yl homologs of MDMA, MDE, etc. being quite a lot smoother and less peripheral unwanted stimulation. The MDE analog is especially pleasant, and quite suitable for being out in public, in a crowded shopping center for example. Really easy going material, nice smooth stuff, quite likeable and without intense trippiness, or confusion etc. such as with high doses of MDMA.

Past your bedtime? aww aint that just cute :D

Thats not even close to my getting tired, I'm definitely a night owl rather than a morning person, unless I've been busy all night and have to continue into the morning.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6784 on: May 01, 2017, 12:21:10 AM »
  Took more ibuprofen for the leg pains.  Hope the lace-up shoes solve the problem.  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6785 on: May 01, 2017, 02:04:19 AM »
Just took afternoon dose of dex, along with two paracetamol pills for the beginnings of a headache.

Yep Lestat, I have a bedtime. It's part of my nightly routine which I need so I don't wander about in circles essentially doing nothing. I have to get up early for college, too, so that's another reason for it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6786 on: May 01, 2017, 05:37:06 AM »
Just took afternoon dose of dex, along with two paracetamol pills for the beginnings of a headache.

Yep Lestat, I have a bedtime. It's part of my nightly routine which I need so I don't wander about in circles essentially doing nothing. I have to get up early for college, too, so that's another reason for it.

Wandering around doing nothing is a regular part of my exciting life.  :tard:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6787 on: May 01, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »
Not yet, I just got up. Don't stress me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6788 on: May 02, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »

Come on, those meds aren't going to take themselves. :stick:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6789 on: May 02, 2017, 05:17:55 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6790 on: May 03, 2017, 12:24:26 AM »

Come on, those meds aren't going to take themselves. :stick:

:GA:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6791 on: May 03, 2017, 05:00:42 AM »
  Just the omeprazole so far, and, of course, the Cup of Life. :coffee:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6792 on: May 03, 2017, 06:03:48 AM »
lol ren, thats kinda cute for some reason. I don't know quite why, but it is. Possibly just because its you, but I think theres another reason as well, although I haven't the faintest what it actually IS. I've been known to do much the same, end up pacing around when I can't sleep, and am doing something in the lab to fill the time, sometimes I end up with a lot of time on my hands, spent babysitting, of a sort, when there isn't really anything else to DO as such, only watch and make sure whatever it is doesn't burn, overheat, catch fire, vent nasty fumes etc. so can't sleep whether able to or not, and end up taking no-go pills but not going to sleep, and staying on my feet all night so I don't feel all sketched out and tired in the morning (when I finally GET the chance to go and sleep, hopefully, at least, if its not one of those 3-4 day long procedures that need babysitting for a long, long time.

You're welcome to come and join me (in, or out of...well I'd say bed, but I sleep on the sofa, still I think I could find room for a sweetie such as yourself :)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6793 on: May 03, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
Sofas are small!

Getting frustrated with my asthma. I'm taking two puffs of Seretide every morning and night - more than I ever used to. Still wheezing and coughing.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6794 on: May 04, 2017, 04:54:07 AM »
Sofas are small!

Getting frustrated with my asthma. I'm taking two puffs of Seretide every morning and night - more than I ever used to. Still wheezing and coughing.

Could you have gotten a defective inhaler this time around?  Is Seretide something that has worked for you
  before, or is it something new?  Could it be interacting with other meds?  Could the pollen or other
  pollutants/irritants be overpowering the effects of the Seretide?  How soon can you see your doctor?  :orly:

People forget.