Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106058 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #5955 on: April 10, 2016, 07:18:18 PM »
I did. I feel much better now.

I did too.  I feel better too.  YES!  We're all individuals!  :crowd:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5956 on: April 10, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5957 on: April 11, 2016, 02:14:06 AM »
Partially. Actually I shouldn't have had any meds left at all because I'm due for my refil today in about 15-20 minutes.
However I had a lot of unused adrenal blocker and muscle relaxers left, as well as a lot of unused gabapentin, some dopamine agonist (pramipexole) and even found, by pure luck, almost 200mg of morphine sulfate, in 10mg extended release capsule form, all in my old backpack from a long past hospital visit and discharge, as they give me enough meds to last until possibility of seeing my own doctors for my usual refills, esp. if its on a weekend discharge, because the docs are closed then.

They gave me a lot more than I usually would get, 100mg morphine caps and 10s, rather than 30s and tens, plus 20mg IR oxycodones rather than the usual 10s.
The caps do prep nicely, but with tens its a pain, as I'd usually need at least a hundred of those for just one 1g shot. Too bad there were no 100s left. 100 and even 200mg XR morphine caps do exist, but are REALLY rare. Only ever seen 200s once, on the street, and cleaned the guy out so fast he even offered me a handful of free valium blues (10mgs) haha. Bought every
last single 200mg morph he had. And fuck me! good stuff those were! a bit less tolerant then, did a first hit with just TWO of those caps, the contents powdered in a mortar and pestle, dissolved, micropore filtered and banged up, or hit with a bit of propionyl chloride and base, to make the propionyl diester homolog of heroin, prope-dope for short, as I christened dipropionylmorphine. Once the base is cleaned out and acyl halide removed the product is THE best I've EVER had, bar only the same dipropionyl diester based proionyl-smack but made out of purified real opium rather than pharmaceutical morphine on its own. The other natural poppy alkaloids in there make it last all day from one dose, as well as lending it a wonderful stimulating property due to thebaine, in low levels, in large amounts its a convulsant poison, because it acts in the same way as does strychnine. But like strychnine, in amounts not sufficient to poison the person it goes into, its a nice stimulant, in an atypical way, mediated through strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors, so it doesn't release loads of nor/adrenaline and other catecholamines, and lacks all the associated adrenergic  and cardio  side effects of typical stimulants. Theres enough thebaine in pod tea or opium if eaten, plugged or refined to something injectable to change the character of the mainly morphine and codeine based effect significantly and to me at least, very pleasantly indeed.

Reminds me, its getting late, I need to plant out this years opium poppy crop very soon. Might do it today. Its tons of work, all year bringing water and fertilizer. But one does get a handsome reward when its all finished, wrapped up said and done, and all the lab work done too. Satisfying because one actually has to work for it, it makes filling that first rig, or the moment the wait is over, and you lift the first pipe full of raw, sticky, dark opium to your lips and breathe in that first heady, intoxicatingly floral scented cloud of smoke.

Now THATs living :D
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5958 on: April 11, 2016, 05:52:57 AM »
  Just did.  I have to get a refill tonight after work.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5959 on: April 11, 2016, 07:23:03 AM »
Just took night meds.

Got to go to the chemist tomorrow and get more moclobemide. This time I will ask for an information sheet on it. I want to know whether or not I can eat Vegemite while taking it. Moclobemide is a reversible MAOI which means it doesn't make permanent changes to my digestive system. The doctor in hospital mentioned dietary restrictions but didn't say what they were.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5960 on: April 11, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »

We are not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5961 on: April 12, 2016, 07:35:33 AM »
  Yes I did, and I have my new batch.  No more refills, I must make an appointment!  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5962 on: April 12, 2016, 07:37:02 AM »

We are not.

Clearly we are.  :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:  Get with the program, pal!

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5963 on: April 12, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
I did. As a result, my day was very productive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5964 on: April 12, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
I did. As a result, my day was very productive.

My days are very productive as well!  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5965 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:18 AM »
 :thumbup:  Not sure if The PR has taken hers.  I put them out for her.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5966 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »
Did I? sort of, I didn't with most of my pain meds yesterday, only a bare minimum but found a big fucker of a pile of morphine capsules that somehow must have  gradually wormed their way under my bed, bit by bit from old scripts, else I'd have missed the part of my script gone AWOL, had it done so at once. So in taking what is technically this morning rather than yesterday night-which is also technically tonight, if that makes sense, had that, had last nights, and had yesterday morning's tonight/this morning on top, having not had it yesterday. Had my oxy yesterday, and a modest bit of the gear but not much where the morph is concerned.  All well and good now however, nicely contented.

Why not just ask the PR?

Ren, don't chance it with fermented foods.

Moclobemide is a competitive MAOI (selective for the MAO-a isoform of monoamine oxidase also), the competitive MAO(a)Is are also termed 'RIMAs', reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase-A'

The way that RIMAs like moclobemide, or the betacarbolines like harmaline and tetrahydroharmine differ from the older MAOIs in clinical use, like phenelzine and tranylcypromine is that the former, the competitive inhibitors of MAO-a (monoamine oxidase has two distinct types, the mao-A isoform, and MAO-b. MAOa is expressed peripherally and centrally, whereas the 'b'
isoform is to be found within the brain. MAO-a is responsible for breaking down the endogenous monoamine neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, noradrenaline and the common dietary pressor amine tyramine, with type B mainly chewing up dopamine, as well as tyramine, and some other trace amines)

The term 'competitive' inhibitor means that the inhibitor will (shockingly, or what?:P) compete (sorry I'm just being a bit facetious here ren, not at your expense though at all :))
with the normal substrate for the enzyme. RIMAs are the competitive ones, and when a RIMA is bound to MAO-a, inhibiting its function, the substrate usually metabolized is capable of displacing the inhibitor from the enzyme-inhibitor complex, or, to use the technical term, 'telling it to jolly well go piss off'. This is in contrast with the noncompetitive (I.e irreversible) inhibitors, such as the old, first generation MAOIs like the hydrazines (ICK! hydrazine..nasty fucker of a moiety to go into a person, hydrazine itself is just ungodly toxic, plain N2H4 that is,
although not a drug. The group easily cleaves in vivo though in many hydrazine function containing substances to result in a reactive intermediate which forms a covalent bond once bound to MAO-a, between enzyme and the cleaved hydrazine part of the molecule, once covalently bonded then its essentially gone and poisoned the enzyme, knocking it out permanently, requiring the body to synthesize new MAO-a before regaining the functionality thereof)

Not all the noncompetitive MAOIs are hydrazines though, tranylcypromine for instance, isn't, and has some funky ass cylopropane ring as it reactive group. I don't actually understand WHY it works, but I've seen a cyclopropyl group on other enzyme inhibitors, for instance the fungal 'toxin' coprine, found in Coprinus species (the ink-caps, famous mostly for the way most of them spread spores by deliquescence, auto-liquefaction, they break down and dissolve into black goo. There are a few tasty ones, like the shaggy ink cap, or lawyer's wig, C.comatus. C.atrementarius, the common inkcap can be eaten, and although not wonderful, its not bad, good enough if they are to be found, but they contain a cyclopropane-containing compound called coprine, which like the alcohol-aversive drug for pissheads who have stopped being dependent physically on alcohol but who find themselves unable to resist returning  to drink.

Both disulfiram/antabuse and coprine inhibit aldehyde dehydrogenase in the liver, preventing the breakdown of the toxic metabolite acetaldehyde, responsible, along with dehydration, for the stinking hangover we all know and loathe. This then builds up and causes a nonfatal, but reportedly so awful that one would wish it DID kill the poor rotten motherfucker unfortunate enough either to drink alcohol on antabuse, or who consume Coprinus mushrooms [C.comatus, the shaggy inkcap is an exception, and is free of coprine, no interaction, and is a very good and sought after, quite common wild mushroom. Delicious fried in butter, I've picked and eaten them many a time. the only snag is that they MUST be fresh, because they will literally start to deliquesce and dissolve into black slime within hours of being pulled from the ground, and if your not quick off the mark then you may well find that your supper is actually  inky puddle of black goo instead of tasty treat. Once picked, its a race against the clock, to determine if you eat them or use them, boiled with water and a few cloves, to make a quite decent black writing and drawing ink (inkcaps actually used to be used for this often formerly, to make ink for everyday use, hence the name)

But drink alcohol after eating the COMMON ink cap, or plenty of other species in the genus, and that lil cyclopropane-based non-competitive enzyme inhibitor means the result is a combination of profuse sweating, tachycardia [very rapid heart beat], chest pains, severe vertigo and dizziness, stomach pains, pounding headache, flushing of the face and vomiting fit to make the result look like a blowjob from the girl in 'the exorcist' in reverse. Sideways. And twisted round in reverse on itself on one's nackers. Same goes for a couple of days after  until more aldehyde dehydrogenase is available, if no alcohol be consumed then no harm will come to the diner. So much as a beer, and you will rue the very day your mother met your father with a holy passion.

If coprine were a competitive inhibitor, acetaldehyde could displace it from aldehyde dehydrogenase, allowing at least some to be broken down, and while it may or may not cause some symptoms, it would not do so with the same horrid severity as it does otherwise with alcohol alongside the meal or within the 2-3 days recovery period. But since its irreveran hisible, noncompetitive, no such luck, sorry unwary diner, see you in hell in about half an hour to a few hours from now :P

With the MAOIs, the old noncompetitive ones, the reaction is not nearly so benign, in fact it can be lethal. Nasty, nasty, nasty painful miserable way to die too *shudders*
What happens with the old noncompetitive ones, MAOa is needed to break down the pressor amines like noradrenaline, and dietary tyramine, (tyramine is the compound resulting from decarboxylation of the aminoacid tyrosine, normally destroyed as fast as it could be consumed, meaning we don't all die screaming as we stroke out/have a heart attack at the first meal containing soya, fermented foods, the likes of marmite, some seafood, pickled foods, processed meats etc)

Taking the older ones, and then eating such foods high in tyramine, ingesting caffeine, or taking stimulant drugs, drugs that act as serotonin receptor agonists, or which block transporters (SSRIs, SNRIs, NRIs, NDRI, SNDRIs, tricyclics, and other antidepressants like that; or drugs that act to release serotonin or serotonin/dopamine /noradrenaline in combination etc. such as MDMA, MDA, methamphetamine, indanylaminopropane 'IAP', alpha-methyltryptamine ,can cause a fatal hypertensive crisis, strokes, heart attack, dangerous or deadly hyperthermia, literally cooking some poor cunt alive in their juices.  In general, any stimulant must be avoided on EITHER  the competitive MAOIs OR the noncompetitive variety. Also, the opioids pethidine (called meperidine in the US), and tramadol, as both these also have some serotonin releasing effects, pethidine has caused deaths in the past when taken with an MAOI, I know not if tramadol has actually done so, but it sure as shit could, being an SNRI in addition to being an opioid)

Now, moclobemide, is a bit different, the kinetics I've explained, in practice, for the person taking moclobemide, there is a LOT more room for miscalculation, etc. with respect to diet
since as I said, when it has to, the tyramine, or other pressor can displace moclobemide from MAOa allowing it then to break down said pressors as usual. Can't happen with the noncompetitive ones. Stimulants, and excessive amounts of dietary pressor-loaded foods, like fermented stuff and yeast extracts, pickles and processed meats, many cheeses are damn dangerous with the old guard of first-gen MAOIs, but the RIMAs are vastly more forgiving and safer, dietwise. Stimulants remain a no-go on either, as do tramadol (yucky shit anyway IMO) and pethidine/meperidine.

I'd avoid vegemite, all the same, nevertheless. I'm not sure about it really, I've never actually either eaten it, or looked at how its made, but it strikes me as close enough to the likes of marmite and bovril to be a bit of a dodgy looking customer when it comes to people on MAOIs. I gather there is actually relatively little risk from RIMAs compared to noncompetitive MAO(a)Is

At least not where dietary tyramine is concerned. Stimulants remain verboten absolutely, as do serotonin releasers or reuptake inhibitors, such as SSRIs, tricyclics etc. and the recreational drugs that act as 5HT releasers, MDA, MDMA, MDE, alpha-methyltryptamine, IAP, 5-IT, that kinda thing. With 5HT2a (5HT stands for 5-hydroxytryptamine, a common shorthand for serotonin) agonists, this is much more of a grey area. As I shall by example, elucidate shortly for you, ren. Also, and this isn't otherwise obvious, tramadol is DANGEROUS, and pethidine, the strong opiate also known in the US as meperidine, peth being the brit name, pethidine can and HAS KILLED IN COMBINATION WITH AN MAOI!!! ABSOLUTE CONTRAINDICATION in BOTH TRAMADOL AND MEPERIDINE/PETHIDINE! do NOT mix! likewise, DO NOT MIX WITH DEXTROMETHORPHAN, the cough remedy/dissociative recreational drug!

With the 5HT2a agonist psychedelics (tryptamines like psilocybin, DMT, DET, DiPT, the complex heterocyclic polycyclic tryptamine ibogaine, which has been studied intensely due to its reputation for helping heroin and other opiate addicts ditch the monkey on their backs, as well as a history of native use in Gabon, by the Bwiti cult,

Then there is the class of psychedelic substituted phenethylamines like mescaline, 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-D (soon...I get to taste this, and am quite looking forward to having the chance to sample a bit of this [2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine, the 2,5-dimethoxy ring substitution pattern is whats referred to as '2C-x' where x is a placeholder for a letter or letters signifying the heteroatom or polyatomic functional group present at the no.4 carbon of the phenyl ring, which is critical in determining the IF, and the nature of activity, while 'DOx is used for the corresponding substituted psychedelic amphetamine. , and those substituted amphetamines with ring/sidechain substituents corresponding to the phenethylamine psychedelics, generally having similar kinds of 'flavour' to them, so to speak but are much more potent by weight, and far far longer in duration.

And also, we have the lysergamides, the ergot alkaloid derivatives based on lysergic acid as the parent backbone, such as LSD, AL-LAD, LSZ (the dimethylazetidinylamide analog of LSD, a conformationally restricted analog of acid originally invented by the neuroscience researcher David Nichols to aid in probing the architecture of the binding site at 5HT2a and active 3d conformations taken by the receptor protein-LSx complex, to help learn about how 5HT2a is built, and more about the biological workings of psychedelics., and the likes of the 1-propionyl-derivative of LSD (tried this one actually myself just recently, although I wasn't quite as thrilled by it overall, I preferred LSD.

MAOI(a)s have been used to alter the activity of the tryptamines, or some of them, people experiment more now that there are more than just the tryptamines found in plant or animal sources (DMT, psilocin/psilocybin/baeocystin, 5-methoxy-DMT, bufotenine [5-hydroxy-DMT, halfway betwixt DMT and serotonin structurally), ibogaine (shouldn't be mixed with an MAOI! powerful adrenergic component to its activity, not that ibogaine is a recreational drug. A powerful psychedelic with a unique other side entirely, in that its been intensively studied because of its reputed and often , anecdotally from those who have undergone it, ability to help opiate addicts give the back-monkey a taste of The BanHammer, this isn't as such directly and solely due to its 5HT2a agonism, but its got effects on nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes that seem to have interaction with addictive adaptation, amongst lots of other targets, ibogaine is a whore of a drug, in terms of selectivity for receptor targets, a proper fucking slut bitch crackwhore, that seems to jump in bed with everything from 5HT, to dopamine, adrenoreceptors, opioid receptors, this lil bugger porks the every little binding-site-muff it can get her tongue into :P Ibogaine would neither be in the slightest safe, indeed I'd expect a similar or greater level of danger to concurrent use of pethidine or tramadol and an MAOI.

But ibogaine is a most extreme example of atypical, in the tryptamine family, its not just a simple n-alkylated, with or w/o a 5-position substituent to mask that polarity of the phenol, of serotonin analogs bearing a tert.amine  based sidechain at the indolic 3-position. Big, complex, multicyclic weird bugger and apparently, not to mention most unsurprisingly, it gave the folks who first synthesized it when doing research on its antiaddictive properties, and isolating it from the plants that produce it, a right bastard of a headache, metaphorically speaking. Just relieved it wasn't me who had to cook a bun like THAT monster in his oven, christ, someone else can take that task on, bollocks if I'd even try, if it were not for routes now being available other people have worked out and performed.

Other more 'ordinary' tryptamines bearing a simple n,n-dialkyl  substitution pattern, with no alteration of the phenyl portion of the tryptamine backbone, most should have room for very, very cautious exploration, although there are those that would most assuredly not. And unlikely candidates also.

The likes of DMT, DET (no thanks, given what I've read about DET and 5-MeO-DET [MeO-standing in for  a methyl ether] the combination sounds not worth bothering with in case of DET, and in the case of 5-methoxy-n,n-diethyltryptamine it sounds absolutely foul), DPT [dipropyl], DiPT [n,n-disopropyl]. DBT is quite possibly inactive. * little clandestine chemist bit of  doggerel humor..apologies.:P   'methyl is magic, ethyl's awful, propyl is hopeful but butyl is futile.''

And I guess one could add that the next longer carbon chain, whilst close, is nevertheless amyl-off.

*ducks to avoid the odd thrown coin, pebble, half-finished pint, etc. likely to come soaring through the  air at that little improv. standup routine :P *

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5967 on: April 12, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »
The 5-substituted tryptamines though, like 5-methoxy-DMT (aka 5-MeO-DMT as its commonly known) HAVE been combined, CAREFULLY, with a competitive MAOI but its not advisable, unless one is very familiar with those kinds of drugs, and in particular, while its been done successfully, others have used more and had nasty reactions, enough to be a moderate contraindication, almost.

But it can be done. Only the competitive MAOIs though, something like phenelzine or tranyl' be a really fucking high level of both uncertainty and potential danger.

Even with a RIMA, I'd not fancy taking it up to more than a few milligrams (its a lot more potent by weight than is DMT to begin with, threshold maybe 0.5mg smoked, 5mg would be a hefty dose, and I've heard of more, 10 fr.ex. people tend to report that it was too intense to possibly carry so much sensory input going on at once that there is little memory of it  and effectively 'white out', sort of like blacking out, but without any injury or loss of consciousness, but rather, a tsunami-force shockwave of a psychic impact that defiantly beggars any attempt to describe it without the person described TO, having already experienced the effects of it directly.

With the psychedelic phenethylamines, there has been various numbers of people who have tried various of them, at extremely low doses, exploring the posibilities of similar phenomena as is associated with the traditional ethnic use of DMT/MAOI containing plant species as complimentary pairs as the power, and the light, in composing ayahuasca brews [or as its called in brazil, daime, with an accent over the 'e', spelling-wise, or yage'  which IIRC is one of the names for it around the amazon basin area generally [pronounced 'ya-h-ey' where the 'h' is not silent, but muted and half-pronounced, half breathed. And ayahuasca, pronounced 'eye-wass-ka' or sometimes 'aya-waska', not, as it looks 'I-ah-who-ask-her']

Most often, and probably most safely, amongst the phenethylamine psychs, mescaline. But others have tried the 2Cs sometimes here and there. If done AT ALL then with someone around that can assist or summon help if it had to be summoned. The psychedelic amphetamine counterparts to the 2Cs though, like any 'phet of any kind. No. Just. No.

Lysergamides, I don't know to be honest, I haven't actually looked it up. but to make a tentative, educated hypothesis based upon the known pharmacology of both a  RIMA and of LSD, eht latter does have quite a lot of targets in the brain, inc. adrenoreceptors, beyond that, I can't be sure, but it suggests  it may not be entirely safe. I don't know much at all concerning interactions between RIMAs and acids

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5968 on: April 13, 2016, 05:41:40 AM »
  Yes.  Yes I did.  :tard:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5969 on: April 13, 2016, 06:20:32 AM »
I did, second thing in the morning. First thing was a glass of water.

Now it is time to take some supplements and time to reward myself with coffee after that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!