Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106058 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #5685 on: February 06, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
I DID.

We went to the urgent care, where it's $80 and first come first served. The $200 doctor refused to refill my Ritalin because he thought he would play psychiatrist. We brought the bottles in to the $80 urgent care guy and he wrote for 11 months of medication.
The lion sleeps tonight. I was down to about two hours a night.

Sleep well Wolfie.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5686 on: February 07, 2016, 03:28:04 AM »
I did.

I've had doctors who, all of a sudden, want to play psychiatrists and question my meds and my dx. It's infuriating and it's demeaning, and I'm always left wondering why they do it. There was this one doctor, she was actually retired but they had brought her back since there was a shortage of doctors and who quite obviously didn't believe ADHD was real and anyone who wanted Ritalin exhibited drug-seeking behaviour, who told me that I'm doing so well and I don't need any of my prescriptions. Condescending cunt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5687 on: February 07, 2016, 03:57:43 AM »
I did.

I've had doctors who, all of a sudden, want to play psychiatrists and question my meds and my dx. It's infuriating and it's demeaning, and I'm always left wondering why they do it. There was this one doctor, she was actually retired but they had brought her back since there was a shortage of doctors and who quite obviously didn't believe ADHD was real and anyone who wanted Ritalin exhibited drug-seeking behaviour, who told me that I'm doing so well and I don't need any of my prescriptions. Condescending cunt.
What I wonder is why these quacks think they know more than psychiatrists with years of experience.
I wish they could walk in my shoes for just one day. Just one day of no sleep, of walking from one room to another and not remembering why they're there, of putting something on a table and having it vanish into the black hole, of having a single day's chores and work be overwhelming, and failing the "idiot check" when all that's on it is the keys, the phone, the wallet and the money.

They have no idea it's painful. The problem is the same as with autism - people jump on the bandwagon and then those of us who really fit the diagnosis aren't taken seriously. I've had it happen with Celiac disease - which I have, and people say, oh, are you doing that fad diet?
No. I am not doing a fad. I am trying to stay alive. People who have this and don't maintain the diet die within five years of diagnosis.
Ugh, derailed.
Only one dose so far. Hoping things get better soon, though the last time it was a long haul of intermittently forgetting it which makes it take longer. Going to carry it with me and try to be religious about it.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5688 on: February 07, 2016, 04:00:09 AM »
I DID.

We went to the urgent care, where it's $80 and first come first served. The $200 doctor refused to refill my Ritalin because he thought he would play psychiatrist. We brought the bottles in to the $80 urgent care guy and he wrote for 11 months of medication.
The lion sleeps tonight. I was down to about two hours a night.

Sleep well Wolfie.
I got about four hours total - good for me. I am aiming for 6.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5689 on: February 07, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
I did.

I used to work with a brilliant, fidgety, disorganized, spectrum-y guy who was dx'd with ADHD as a child
  but never medicated.  He tried to get dx'd as an adult, years later, and unfortunately ended up in the office
  of some jackass psychiatrist who "doesn't believe in adult ADHD" and told him "You've been able to sit still
  for 10 minutes, therefore you don't have anything wrong with you."  I don't think my co-worker ever tried
  another doc after that.  It's a fucking shame.  The dude probably had a genius I.Q. but he was stuck
  waiting tables in a retirement home at age 38, never was able to make anything of himself.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5690 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:18 AM »
I did.

I used to work with a brilliant, fidgety, disorganized, spectrum-y guy who was dx'd with ADHD as a child
  but never medicated.  He tried to get dx'd as an adult, years later, and unfortunately ended up in the office
  of some jackass psychiatrist who "doesn't believe in adult ADHD" and told him "You've been able to sit still
  for 10 minutes, therefore you don't have anything wrong with you."  I don't think my co-worker ever tried
  another doc after that.  It's a fucking shame.  The dude probably had a genius I.Q. but he was stuck
  waiting tables in a retirement home at age 38, never was able to make anything of himself.  :thumbdn:

Wish he'd seen my psychiatrist. The guy's brilliant. He explained to me how it is that so many people in the U.S. have ADHD symptoms - those people were more likely to be pioneers due to their symptoms. I wonder if it means that people in California have the worst cases? I took my morning meds a little late because I slept:green:

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5691 on: February 07, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »
  I'm glad you slept.  Screw that jackass who didn't want to fill your prescription!  :slap:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5692 on: February 07, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
  I didn't take the Prilosec today, yet I feel fine.  :orly:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5693 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:44 PM »
I took mine and changed the PR's mood drugs from the pm to the am.  Hopefully they'll be more effective.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5694 on: February 07, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »

Yes, I did, but I am taking two more meds these days AND they have to be taken at bedtime instead of awakening.

This suxxors!
 :hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5695 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Yes. An hour late because I overslept.  :green:

five hours last night.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5696 on: February 08, 2016, 09:13:22 AM »
Yes. An hour late because I overslept.  :green:

five hours last night.

Nice!  Did you have any dreams that you remembered?  :)

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5697 on: February 08, 2016, 09:51:20 AM »
Done, both the anti-biotics in the morning and the Ritalin a while ago.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5698 on: February 08, 2016, 09:55:52 AM »
  Took the Strattera about an hour ago, still need to take the multivitamin and the L-Lysine.  :orly:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5699 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »
I just remembered before I saw this thread.  And I'm off...........
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: