Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106072 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #5280 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
I used to have pretty bad arthritis in my wrists and I used to take Vioxx for it (that med has been taken off the market now). Gradually the pain went away but now I find that I can't do certain exercises at the gym because my wrists won't support my weight - they just hurt too much and are too weak. I didn't know there would be a remaining effect of arthritis. Bummer. :(

Taken lunchtime meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Hannah

« Reply #5281 on: March 05, 2015, 11:26:19 PM »
yup...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5282 on: March 06, 2015, 12:29:10 AM »
I used to have pretty bad arthritis in my wrists and I used to take Vioxx for it (that med has been taken off the market now). Gradually the pain went away but now I find that I can't do certain exercises at the gym because my wrists won't support my weight - they just hurt too much and are too weak. I didn't know there would be a remaining effect of arthritis. Bummer. :(

Taken lunchtime meds.

:hug:

It depends on the type of arthritis, I suppose. My shoulders apparently show some wear typical of earlier inflammations in an ultrasound scan.

Sounds as if you might still have arthritic problems. Have you had an ultrasound to check your wrists?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5283 on: March 06, 2015, 04:37:31 AM »
No I haven't had an ultrasound but that would be interesting. I have full flexibility, they are just weak and can't take my weight (which is, I admit, pretty heavy). I am going to see my GP in a few weeks, so I will ask about it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5284 on: March 06, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
They can see traces of past arthritis-related damage so it's very useful. Apparently I have some in my shoulders.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Hannah

« Reply #5285 on: March 07, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »
Yes.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5286 on: March 07, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
No I haven't had an ultrasound but that would be interesting. I have full flexibility, they are just weak and can't take my weight (which is, I admit, pretty heavy). I am going to see my GP in a few weeks, so I will ask about it.

Is there someone skilled in posture at the gym? The way you hold your hands/wrist/arm can make a big difference in how much it can carry.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5287 on: March 07, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
Yes, including new arthritis meds.

Is this based on an educated guess from the doctors?

Not sure how educated the guess is. ::)

It's basically an anti-inflammatory that is supposed to be well-suited for people with arthritic problems.

Hope they'll make a difference for you.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5288 on: March 07, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »

It's basically an anti-inflammatory that is supposed to be well-suited for people with arthritic problems.

Nothing huge, so far. I doubt they'll help much, considering they aren't very different from the NSAIDs I was forced to stop taking. The tendonitis is still bad, especially the heels.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5289 on: March 07, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »

Nothing huge, so far. I doubt they'll help much, considering they aren't very different from the NSAIDs I was forced to stop taking. The tendonitis is still bad, especially the heels.
Did you mention that at your stress course?
Tendons can get quite a beating from stress. Because with prolonged stress, muscles may stay tense overnight, keeping high tension on tendons also at night.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5290 on: March 07, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »

Did you mention that at your stress course?
Tendons can get quite a beating from stress. Because with prolonged stress, muscles may stay tense overnight, keeping high tension on tendons also at night.

I did, yes. She's very careful to allow for variations in positioning and posture when teaching us the exercises. There are moves that are incredibly painful after fifteen minutes of meditation, but I have learned to avoid some of them.

What bothers me the most about this whole arthritis thing is that it is sometimes incredibly painful to play an instrument. I want to, I need to, but I can't do it for any longer period of time.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5291 on: March 08, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »

Is there someone skilled in posture at the gym? The way you hold your hands/wrist/arm can make a big difference in how much it can carry.
This happens during a weights class and there is an alternative exercise I can do so that helps.
Tek'ma'tae

Hannah

« Reply #5292 on: March 08, 2015, 05:34:18 PM »
yes I did...need to refill my birth control however, for the PCOS...I'm starting to wonder if there is another way to suppress the PCOS I've been doing the working out bit and that has helped, inch loss and more lean mussel has as well...I say this because my grandmother and mom have estrogen related issues like too much for too long before they knew that estrogen therapy did that...

it is lo dose, still I am getting older, 32 this coming September so looking for perhaps alternative ways...also the sleep meds are eh just making me feel groggy all day long...They just put me back on what stopped working in the first place...it will stop again at some point and eh I am looking for a natural way to get this sleep lack of it or too much under wraps...I think getting a job will help quiet a lot once I do after I pass my A plus tests...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5293 on: March 09, 2015, 01:05:24 AM »
Nope. I probably should.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5294 on: March 09, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
I actually had to take extra pain medication, today.

Rough day, indeed!

Total Physical Inventory of our entire store this evening. Made it home before midnight (boss cut us early starters - we arrive at work around seven AM - loose earlier than those who had to stay and continue counting shit to the bitter end), but I have to be back there in less that four hours.

Hoping to wind down enough for a power nap, soon.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:13:25 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.