Author Topic: These guys are BRAVE!  (Read 2756 times)

TheoK

Re: These guys are BRAVE!
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21:58 PM »
It might not be really concsious but something like a Freudian slip: it reveals the Swedish mindset that you are considered a wreck or wreckaging person if you stand up for your rights.

Another pretty common thing in Sweden; Swedish cops kidnapping a child: Swedish Police Kidnaped their son at Arlanda

Kind of an irony that I should defend immigrants.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:25:58 PM by TheoK »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
It might not be really concsious but something like a Freudian slip: it reveals the Swedish mindset that you are considered a wreck or wreckaging person if you stand up for your rights.

Yes, obviously there is that interpretation. But tbh, that's not how I've perceived it when the word's been used, yet it has come up on a number of occasions. Wikipedia's list of possible meanings backs up my views, as well as yours, I believe.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »
On German Wiki they claim that 80% of all cases going all the way to the highest court in a country are Querulanten-cases. Something to think about. The rättshaverist is kind of a judicial partisan. If it wasn't for the rättshaverist the authorities should be even more totalitarian.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
How does the German Wikipedia prove or disprove your interpretation of a word that has no equivalent in German?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
How does the German Wikipedia prove or disprove your interpretation of a word that has no equivalent in German?

The kind of persons standing up for their rights are called Querulanten rather than Rechtshaber. These are the ones that make cases come to the supreme courts in 80% of the cases.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »

Another pretty common thing in Sweden; Swedish cops kidnapping a child: Swedish Police Kidnaped their son at Arlanda

That is shocking for them to steal a child from his parents because they wanted to homeschool him and they were moving to India and he had two bad baby teeth.  That's just insane.

TheoK

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »

That is shocking for them to steal a child from his parents because they wanted to homeschool him and they were moving to India and he had two bad baby teeth.  That's just insane.

Yup. Sweden is like East Germany or the Soviet Union, but the scary thing is that Sweden, unlike those, is considered a civilized Western country by most of the world, and Sweden has survived, which East Germany and the Soviet Union didn't.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »

Yup. Sweden is like East Germany or the Soviet Union, but the scary thing is that Sweden, unlike those, is considered a civilized Western country by most of the world, and Sweden has survived, which East Germany and the Soviet Union didn't.

Scary thing happen there here too but not that bad
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »
Yes, I knew of a kid who was taken away from his mother because he was overweight.

TheoK

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2010, 02:05:42 AM »
That's one of the reasons that I'm in favour of free guns, aside being against the state as a whole concept. If 80% of the Swedes owned unlicensed guns instead of 8% owning licensed one, I have a feeling that the authorities wouldn't feel so secure about playing God and always getting away with it. You don't take someone's kid because they're fat or have two bad teeth.

Scrapheap

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »
That's one of the reasons that I'm in favour of free guns, aside being against the state as a whole concept. If 80% of the Swedes owned unlicensed guns instead of 8% owning licensed one, I have a feeling that the authorities wouldn't feel so secure about playing God and always getting away with it. You don't take someone's kid because they're fat or have two bad teeth.

:agreed:

The probelm of course, is tha humanity has a long way to go before we could ever hope to free ourselves from the yoke of governments. What were fighting against here, is evolved human nature, to get rid of the authoritarian impulse, we have to change our genetic makeup or something. Look at my sig.  ;)

TheoK

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2010, 01:32:07 AM »
These Russian guys are also  :viking: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8616400.stm

I wish the skinheads here in the West would be as BRAVE!  :-\