Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 38443 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #2130 on: May 02, 2023, 09:53:33 PM »
Well, tomorrow, since it is midnight ...

I am going to contact the fellow I sold the Chevelle to and let him know that I have a few manuals and a couple of specialized tools I bought for certain purposes for that car.
I will let him have them if he wants them. I honestly can not imagine him not thinking they would be an awesome addition to his "new car."

I just forgot about having them them, but I believe the service manuals, interior and trim tools should stay with the car.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2131 on: May 04, 2023, 06:51:53 AM »
That went without a hitch.

The guy was astounded that I was willing to just give all that to him. I just told him that it all belonged with the car. He had just arrived from the store with some plans in the works and the back of his truck was loaded with booze. He offered me a case of beer. I said that I appreciated it, but it was not necessary.
I did not mention that I no longer use alcohol.

We parted with a manly handshake.
 :clap:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:54:39 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2132 on: May 04, 2023, 01:12:10 PM »
Hiding in my basement :(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2133 on: May 05, 2023, 06:47:29 AM »
I'm taking delivery of my second (for the season) pallet of bags of mulch.
This will help me to fill in the unused areas between all the perennial plantings.

I sometimes have to scratch my head and I wonder how these perennials are doing so well. The fill back junk in which most of the plants are living is just the worst, rocky, clay bound garbage that the cheapest construction company could find, yet these plants have survived and are doing well twenty years later, living in junk dirt.

Nope, I won't even use the term "soil" to describe my garden beds. I have work to do, attracting beneficials to live here.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2134 on: May 05, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »
Might as well clear up my countertops in my flat.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2135 on: May 05, 2023, 02:09:46 PM »
Not a lot. Read for a bit.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2136 on: May 05, 2023, 10:04:30 PM »
Do some packing in my room. I got two big boxes from the Salvos.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2137 on: May 06, 2023, 08:51:03 AM »
This will help me to fill in the unused areas between all the perennial plantings.

I sometimes have to scratch my head and I wonder how these perennials are doing so well. The fill back junk in which most of the plants are living is just the worst, rocky, clay bound garbage that the cheapest construction company could find, yet these plants have survived and are doing well twenty years later, living in junk dirt.

Nope, I won't even use the term "soil" to describe my garden beds. I have work to do, attracting beneficials to live here.

Clay here, my dad was laid off because of his heart surgery 40 years back when my mom started the gardens, they didn't get topsoil trucked in because of that. Perennials never cared...I couldn't get mulch for a few years either, no truck, or no spare cash. Just crowded a few more in from the hill to fill in some of the bare...they still do not care, and have multiplied to fill in the spots I couldn't fill myself.

I've let the steep hillside above grow up the last few years, neither of us can really manage it too well anymore. Now I've got more deer, turkeys, foxes, squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, ravens, birds and bees a plenty, and rabbits playing in the yard than I've ever seen before (I have yet to see the bear that a few people have spotted close by.)...not as many weeds as I thought, a few of the red bud trees self seeded, and I have a ton of raspberry and blackberry vines that shot up.

It's no longer neat and tidy like mom always tried to keep it...but we are the only ones who really have a view of it anyways..and we've sat and watched a few very fat squirrels and a ton of goldfinch devour the seed pods on the red bud the last few weeks. Mother nature is amazing when you leave her alone some times.     

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2138 on: May 06, 2023, 12:38:04 PM »
Focus on staying positive

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2139 on: May 06, 2023, 01:51:00 PM »
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2140 on: May 06, 2023, 03:01:43 PM »
Read through what I have of an uncompleted manuscript.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2141 on: May 06, 2023, 09:35:57 PM »
More packing of stuff in my room that's not essential.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2142 on: May 06, 2023, 10:51:11 PM »

Clay here, my dad was laid off because of his heart surgery 40 years back when my mom started the gardens, they didn't get topsoil trucked in because of that. Perennials never cared...I couldn't get mulch for a few years either, no truck, or no spare cash. Just crowded a few more in from the hill to fill in some of the bare...they still do not care, and have multiplied to fill in the spots I couldn't fill myself.

I've let the steep hillside above grow up the last few years, neither of us can really manage it too well anymore. Now I've got more deer, turkeys, foxes, squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, ravens, birds and bees a plenty, and rabbits playing in the yard than I've ever seen before (I have yet to see the bear that a few people have spotted close by.)...not as many weeds as I thought, a few of the red bud trees self seeded, and I have a ton of raspberry and blackberry vines that shot up.

It's no longer neat and tidy like mom always tried to keep it...but we are the only ones who really have a view of it anyways..and we've sat and watched a few very fat squirrels and a ton of goldfinch devour the seed pods on the red bud the last few weeks. Mother nature is amazing when you leave her alone some times.   

Your space sounds much larger than what I have now. Our old house had a small bit of wild I left for the wildlife.

I kept the front and north side yards "very respectable" and right near our back door was as much vegetable garden as I could squeeze in. The further back west and whole south yards I let go natural for the most part.
I mean I had 12 foot tall poke weeds, eight foot tall sunflowers, hollyhocks I kept. Food and shelter for the bird families.
People wood evil eye me while I was shaping a poke weed and I would just tip my cowboy hat at them.

Here things are so much more bridled or even hobbled. It is all so directed and preplanned. I mean it is nice and very low maintenance, so it is what I really need for now, but so tame.
Pretty though and way more potential here than what is exploited, so I have some fun ahead.
 :2thumbsup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2143 on: May 06, 2023, 11:04:35 PM »
I  have already started in pots for placing out front some Ricinus or castor bean trees. Super fast growing and can make a tropical statement even in a short Indiana summer. 
If you can get them to germinate this time of year they will do well. Mine are about a foot tall and tired of being indoors.
Problem is that they need eighty or more degrees to germinate. I placed them on top of my oil heater in the garage. It worked!

I need to wait a couple of more weeks before I can plant them outside, until freezing is over for a while. Then they'll be off like bats out of Hell!

Our summer I think is scheduled for a Tuesday this year.
 :lol1:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2144 on: May 07, 2023, 02:25:03 PM »
Focus on revisions of chapter 13... not explaining the detail(s) yet because I'm keeping my ideas secret/private.