Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 38443 times)

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #1545 on: December 27, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »
I was going to go to bed early to read but I suddenly can't absorb anything I'm reading in my book and it's driving me batshit. I'm blaming Odeon.  :P :laugh:
Yep, odeon's fault. :D

I'm going to Aldi today to buy celery and ice, then to Bunnings to hopefully buy a new mop. I did try to buy one before Christmas but their range confused me and Kayleigh was no help (feeling sick).
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1546 on: December 28, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »
I was going to go to bed early to read but I suddenly can't absorb anything I'm reading in my book and it's driving me batshit. I'm blaming Odeon.  :P :laugh:

Ah, so that's why I'm able to read again. Thanks. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1547 on: December 28, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »
I've been taking care of the youngest. She woke up sick.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1548 on: December 28, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
^Does she have a cold?

Going to autism group today. I'm taking cupcakes and Tim Tams with me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1549 on: December 29, 2019, 12:32:59 AM »

I finally got the opportunity to do a Tim Tam slam. I was so disappointed. Partly because I hyped myself up too much about it, excited to partake in this exotic Aussie ritual. Though mostly it was because sweet goo makes me gag and I never once considered, the result of a Tim Tam slam is a gargantuan mouthful of sweet goo. Luckily the chocolate flavor saved the day and I was able to get it down, instead of retching while spitting it out. They're perfectly nice as a crispy cookie, but one Tim Tam slam was more than enough for me.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1550 on: December 29, 2019, 03:46:33 AM »
I don't know yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1551 on: December 29, 2019, 07:17:48 AM »
^Does she have a cold?

I don't think so. She woke up with a killer headache that we couldn't get on top of all day no matter what. Poor kid was in tears and she could only sleep if I was beside her. I love the fact that even at almost 15 years old, the moment I lay beside her and put my hand on her back when she's upset, her whole body immediately relaxes and she's asleep in under 7 minutes. Sometimes you just need your Mum.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1552 on: December 29, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »

Ah, so that's why I'm able to read again. Thanks. ;D
:lol1:

Currently on a hiatus from cleaning. One of the rooms in the house has gotten too cluttery and needs to be dealt with it and I am begrudgingly dealing with it.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1553 on: December 29, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1554 on: December 29, 2019, 03:00:17 PM »
Speaking of not being able to read: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/business/cell-phone-addiction.html
That doesn't surprise me. Although it doesn't apply to me. I take regular hiatuses and and hate using my cell. But the attention span thing is very real for so many people. I worry more about my kids than I do myself in that regard. Well not my oldest. He's not big into his phone. My daughter is another story however which is why I still keep her love of art and books at the forefront. I worry sometimes about the amount of tech kids grow up with.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1555 on: December 29, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »
Relax a bit before I go to bed... I need to work in the morning

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1556 on: December 29, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »
Chilling out and taking my meds, thankful that I survived a walmart work weekend while feeling like shit.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1557 on: December 30, 2019, 03:28:52 AM »
Speaking of not being able to read: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/business/cell-phone-addiction.html
That doesn't surprise me. Although it doesn't apply to me. I take regular hiatuses and and hate using my cell. But the attention span thing is very real for so many people. I worry more about my kids than I do myself in that regard. Well not my oldest. He's not big into his phone. My daughter is another story however which is why I still keep her love of art and books at the forefront. I worry sometimes about the amount of tech kids grow up with.

I don't think it's the tech by itself as much as social media, tbh. I mean, the tech allows us to carry most of human knowledge in our pockets but we use it to like memes and post selfies, not to mention cat pics.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1558 on: December 30, 2019, 08:20:53 AM »
I don't think it's the tech by itself as much as social media, tbh. I mean, the tech allows us to carry most of human knowledge in our pockets but we use it to like memes and post selfies, not to mention cat pics.

I agree overall but I miss the days when the majority of kids toys didn't require batteries. It seems like constant noise and lights and whatnot and it starts so young
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1559 on: December 30, 2019, 09:35:07 AM »
Only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cub's toys use batteries. I've gone out of my way to get him some quality wooden toys, which do still exist out there, plus there are things like duplo and cars and hand puppets.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.