Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 38443 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #1470 on: November 14, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »
Stop talking about getting rid of books! :GA:
We're triggering your OCD all over the damn place now aren't we
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1471 on: November 14, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »
Wait till he gets to the downsizing stage of life!   ;)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1472 on: November 14, 2019, 02:08:35 PM »
Cook some spaghetti and meatballs for supper and have some wine at happy hour! :wine:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1473 on: November 15, 2019, 09:05:38 AM »
Finally found a place with an opening to get my brakes done so just dropped it off. Not happy about how much money it will cost but it needs to be done.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1474 on: November 16, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »
Not quite as bad as getting rid of books, but I have been loading up my "ancient" red rolling Snap-on toolbox with "everything I will need"  to continue my efforts on my classic muscle car regeneration, remotely.

My neighbor is going to help me move my hot rod Chevelle and a perfunctory set of tools to a storage unit. I have rented 20 by 28 foot private storage unit with electricity available. Not cheap.

We are preparing to buy another car for my son, now. I had tried to get him used to using my Chevy Traverse, but I think he hesitates, knowing how much I like the car and obsess over keeping it clean and maintained (I have always done so with every car I have owned - even my fifteen year old mini van that is now long gone. I donated that Old Gal to Goodwill five years ago).

We can forget him using his Mom's newer Chrysler 300S, which is only two years old now and very advanced technologically. That car even has that automatic "slam on the brakes thing" going on. We stopped the other day for a carwash and a kid jumps in front of the car to guide us into the wash bay. The car "STOPPED!"  The kid was continually waving for us to move forward into the bay, but he was standing in front of the car. I had to open the window and yell at him to get out from in front of the car, because it was not going to move while protecting his safety.

My daughter's car is never used, but we are keeping it. It is hers, but we only have room for four cars and we are about to own five cars.
 :GA:

He is buying a Jeep Patriot this week. I have to store my hot rod for now and work on it at a storage unit half way across town. +
That might be good in that I can go over, be alone and focus my efforts with no interruptions.
But, I am concerned as to how often I will get over there. It is much easier to putter around and get things done little by little if it is sitting in our driveway.
Now, there must be a concerted effort for me to even dust off the steering wheel.

Onward and upward, though. My son saving his money for his own car is a HUGE thing!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1475 on: November 16, 2019, 02:16:49 PM »
Well, we got everything over there.

My smallish, oldest tool box that I bought when I was eighteen (kept the two larger much more modern ones at home with most of my tools) with a minimal set of hand tools, several old lights and stands, many manuals, catalogs and books geared around this year of Chevelle, a hot plate, skillet, toaster oven, foil and a small refrigerator.

My neighbor has a flatbed trailer which fit it all in one trip.
Still crying a little.

I forgot to bring myself a chair, though.
I will need a chair! AND a table.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:19:05 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1476 on: November 16, 2019, 03:52:53 PM »
Worked a 6 hour bazaar at a school 45 mins away that was packed with people and now I am officially peopled out. SO went to pick up dinner because my brain can't function to do the cooking thing and it's only the two of us tonight anyway so pressing the proverbial easy button.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1477 on: November 16, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
Going to the chemist. I'm not driving because it's only a 5-10 minute walk away.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1478 on: November 17, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »
Work and be thankful I don't have to work Thanksgiving or black friday.   :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1479 on: November 17, 2019, 07:44:35 PM »
Well, we got everything over there.

My smallish, oldest tool box that I bought when I was eighteen (kept the two larger much more modern ones at home with most of my tools) with a minimal set of hand tools, several old lights and stands, many manuals, catalogs and books geared around this year of Chevelle, a hot plate, skillet, toaster oven, foil and a small refrigerator.

My neighbor has a flatbed trailer which fit it all in one trip.
Still crying a little.

I forgot to bring myself a chair, though.
I will need a chair! AND a table.

How are you going to sleep with the baby that far from home? ;)

When I first met my SO...years before the first date, he had a red 69 Chevelle SS, he used to burn the tires off the thing pulling out of the mini mart I worked at. My boss hated him...she used to run out the door screaming over the roar of the engine while I just smiled in the corner. :zoinks:

I was one of the first ones to call him a dumbass when he later traded it on the "something  more sensible" new Chevy Cavalier later on.

He loved that car, still mourns it to this day. His mom helped talk him into trading it I think, sad. It was a beast. 8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1480 on: November 18, 2019, 09:11:31 AM »
Stop talking about getting rid of books! :GA:
We're triggering your OCD all over the damn place now aren't we

:'(

You meanies.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1481 on: November 18, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »

That's what they keep telling me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1482 on: November 18, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »

I did it in my 40's because I didn't want to do it in my 60's which is when most people do. But the SO was freaking out a little because I got so into pitching that he was beginning to think we'd have nothing left. He had to convince me to keep some furniture. lol
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1483 on: November 18, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »

I did it in my 40's because I didn't want to do it in my 60's which is when most people do. But the SO was freaking out a little because I got so into pitching that he was beginning to think we'd have nothing left. He had to convince me to keep some furniture. lol

Yeah, mine comes in spurts, but, it seems that there is always a bag by the door waiting to be filled with stuff for the thrift store. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:14:04 PM by rock hound »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1484 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »
Trying to decide what to do with my hair. Might go back to highlights again. It's getting too thin as I age  :roar:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad