Educational

Author Topic: What are you going to do today?  (Read 38443 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are you going to do today?
« Reply #675 on: November 08, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »
Do you have an escape route to Canada plotted?

I can't even leave Louisiana.  The PR would have to start at the bottom of every list for services.  Thank heaven the food in New Orleans is delicious.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #676 on: November 08, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
You could always escape (with the PR) here. Services are free and easier to get by far, well free on the NHS once one gets benefits, which her wuvvlesomeness would EASILY get. Fuckin' ell here she'd get as rich as any princess roy-the-fuck-all ought to get, and pile up objects d'art in the throne room of her OWN palace. Benefit system here are a bunch of bellpots&tossends but easy to juice money out of. Hell they even spunk away way too much of our GDP on both the E(vil)U(gly fucking cunts), hell they will give money to scrounging romanian sewage that slimes it's way over here, sponges benefits, and continues to receive child benefit for children who probably don't even EXIST over in romania, even after they slime their way back there, IF they do fuck off  home again and not try to burrow into the benefit system deeper still, stay here, rob, steal and aggressively beg, munching away like a maggot defiling a rotting turd, and sucking benefits like a tick sucking blood, only tenfold as repugnant, befouling our bloody country like the diseases they are.

Fuck romanians, aka a fulminant case of the SpongePox. Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em right back on their way to hades, and as they prepare to slime their way back to Tartarus, smash their fucking skulls in with a clawhammer and kick their dirty carcasses into the styx, to become hell-hagfish chow.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #677 on: November 08, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »
But the PR wouldn't be sponging. Because SHE isn't a scumbag on the lookout for opportunities to money-grub, she isn't a festering gyppoturd, she is a wonderful woman and she has genuine needs, and is deserving of aid. Unlike the romany-pestilence.

As for what I am going to do, I am going to experiment, using some sections of copper pipe, with electroplating chromium and nickel. And perhaps manganese.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #678 on: November 08, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
You could always escape (with the PR) here. Services are free and easier to get by far, well free on the NHS once one gets benefits, which her wuvvlesomeness would EASILY get. Fuckin' ell here she'd get as rich as any princess roy-the-fuck-all ought to get, and pile up objects d'art in the throne room of her OWN palace. Benefit system here are a bunch of bellpots&tossends but easy to juice money out of. Hell they even spunk away way too much of our GDP on both the E(vil)U(gly fucking cunts), hell they will give money to scrounging romanian sewage that slimes it's way over here, sponges benefits, and continues to receive child benefit for children who probably don't even EXIST over in romania, even after they slime their way back there, IF they do fuck off  home again and not try to burrow into the benefit system deeper still, stay here, rob, steal and aggressively beg, munching away like a maggot defiling a rotting turd, and sucking benefits like a tick sucking blood, only tenfold as repugnant, befouling our bloody country like the diseases they are.

Fuck romanians, aka a fulminant case of the SpongePox. Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em right back on their way to hades, and as they prepare to slime their way back to Tartarus, smash their fucking skulls in with a clawhammer and kick their dirty carcasses into the styx, to become hell-hagfish chow.

I did look into immigrating earlier this fall.  NHS wouldn't be free for her, we'd have to pay for the NHS, and our income wouldn't meet the base support level required.  This is if we did it properly and legally, which is the only way I'd do it. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #679 on: November 08, 2016, 09:09:34 PM »

You're wrong about benefits being easy to get here. Well... it's  easier for immigrants and EU migrants, maybe. That is,  I heard on the radio (from a DWP whistle-blower) that they don't sanction foreigners, because it's "too much paperwork". But for most of us, it's really, really hard, and I wouldn't be certain that  Americans would be treated any different.

Where you been living, Lestat? Are you too caught up in your hatred for EU migrants to notice all the Welfare scandals in recent years?

Do you know that people under 25 only get £57.90 per week JSA? if they're lucky  (see next point)

Do you know that claimants often have their benefits sanctioned (that is stopped)  for anything up up to 5 years, on the slightest pretext? (eg five minutes late signing on; couldn't sign on time, because busy attending job interview; only applied for 31 jobs this week , not the agreed 32...) I actually know several people this has happened to.

Haven't you heard about the "bedroom tax"?  That is Housing Benefit is reduced, if you're judged to be "over-accomodated".( Unfortunately, due to housing crisis , and unwillingness of landlords to rent to people on benefits, attempts to downsize will likely fall flat. Therefore people are winding up homeless on account of this rule)

Do you know that people are waiting months to be assessed for disability benefits? and that most claims are rejected following assessment, and  then  need to be taken to Tribunal?

Do you know that thousands of disabled people are losing their Motability vehicles, when re-assessed ? this is due to tougher new rules that make it really hard to qualify for Enhanced Mobility Allowance, as well as unsound assessments.  (The lower rate -about £21 per week- comes nowhere near meeting the cost of the vehicles)

Do you know that thousands of sick/disabled people have died within weeks of losing their disability benefits, due to being found "fit for work" ? Often erroneously. In a number of highly-publicised cases, death was by suicide, and was directly due to resulting loss of income.

People like you, who say that the DWP are " easy to juice money out of"  don't help the situation at all.  That kind of attitude only  encourages the government to make even more savage cuts and sanctions.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:11:35 PM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #680 on: November 08, 2016, 09:36:42 PM »

I did look into immigrating earlier this fall.  NHS wouldn't be free for her, we'd have to pay for the NHS, and our income wouldn't meet the base support level required.  This is if we did it properly and legally, which is the only way I'd do it.

Sorry to hear that , QV :(. i know, it's really difficult to immigrate into Britain from most countries, unless you're wealthy , of course.

Some of we Brits, have very skewed ideas about ease of immigration into Britain. . Partly that's because we tend to regard EU migrants as "immigrants" . And partly that's because we have some very  long-established, close-knit  asian communities e.g. from Pakistan and Bagladesh here. Those communities just grow and grow; that's  because they they make a point of bringing all their relatives over, one way or another (eg by marrying their cousins, back home; by clubbing together to provide the spouse with a house and suitable income) With the support of a community like that behind you, there's always a way. But for everybody else? Not so easy at all.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #681 on: November 08, 2016, 11:44:25 PM »
As things stand, migrating to the UK will probably become more difficult still.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2016, 03:21:37 AM »
  Today I'm going to try to adjust to the reality of President-Elect Donald Fucking Trump.  :headhurts:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Ponder the stupidity of the human race!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #684 on: November 09, 2016, 08:32:18 AM »
  Today I'm going to try to adjust to the reality of President-Elect Donald Fucking Trump.  :headhurts:

Fuck reality. I'm self-medicating for the next 4 years. :wine:  :fly:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #685 on: November 09, 2016, 09:45:00 AM »
Ponder the stupidity of the human race!

It is virtually endless.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #686 on: November 09, 2016, 11:12:23 AM »
As things stand, migrating to the UK will probably become more difficult still.

Yeah. It's sad.  I do very much agree that we need to control immigration. We have a serious  housing crisis here already, and the last thing we need is more people. However,  it isn't near as simple as most people seem to think, and toufher immigration policies tend to make it tough for the wrong people eg a friend of mine who fell in love with an American lady, but didn't have sufficient means  to import her , nor to relocate to America himself.

People tend to imagine that tougher immigration policies will somehow curb the influx of Muslims   and/or Eurpopean  migrant workers. Leaving aside the "undesirable" slurs against these groups, they really  do have had an obvious , and ever-growing presence in our cities.  It's  therefore  quite realistic to think that ithese groups are significantly  adding to the population pressure. There's zero reason to think that Americans or anybody else are  adding to the population pressure. I mean, American immigrants are a tiny minority, always have been a tiny minority. It's altogether likely that more of us move to America than vice versa.  So, no actual problem there. 

Oh!And then we also have god-knows -how-many illegal immifgrants, getting by through working in sweatshops, using fraudulent ID, thieving or whatever. Tougher immigration poliicies won't stop that either. It's getting easier and easier for people to slip under the radar, what with so many homeless, and so many people not even  bothering with Welfare (because they made it far too tough to claim)  They reckon that something like a million British citizens have effectively vanished from official  records, having absolutely no identifiable source of income  It wouldn't be too hard to blend in with that lot, would it?

Obviously, negotiatons with the EU , in the light of Brexit, will be of interest as regards the issue with EU migrants. And (like I said above) the Muslim comnmunities have their ways of getting round the legislation. No matter how hard you make it for individuals to immigrate , that's not gonna make much of a a dent on the concerted efforts of entire communities, especially not communities where arranged marriage is the norm.

Obviously, it's impossible  to discuss the real issues without looking like a racist, so Brits generally don't discuss the real issues, at least not in the media. We're effectively gagged by political correctness. We badly need to curb population growth, especially here in England (  nobody actually want s to move Scotland , not even the Syrians; the climate is too inhospitable and they have even worse unemployment problems. That's why the Scots don't quite get it, I suppose. Dire though things might be in Scotland, they've no reason to think that "immigration" is a factor in making things that dire for them  )

Point is: effective immigration policies (that is policies that would actually stem the overall poulation growth) would need to address the loopholes; but we can't even talk about those freaking loopholes , normally

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »
Personally, fuck them, I don't WANT a massive influx of muslims. They have typically spread by conquest, throughout history, spreading islam at the point of a blade. When they cannot, they do so by slow creeping far less violent (at the same time that is) parasitism.

Sod the cunts, give me a .50 cal autocannon, put me behind the trigger and I'll make sure the fuckers don't come in on my watch. They get one warning shot overhead, and a telling to fuck jolly well off. If they don't heed it (I'd be fair, and have 'fuck off we don't want you here, come closer and you get a bullet in the head' in both english and arabic. If they are stupid enough to ignore a warning as stark and as clear and uncomplicated as that then they are obviously too stupid to live in the first place and we are doing the world a favour by providing food for the carrion-eating little critters that can come to pick their pyre-torched bones clean, before we grind 'em up and use then as fertilizer.

Pardon me for saying so, but the religion of the Koranosaurus wrecks belongs back in the pleistocene at the closest. It should have evolved out of being like so other pestilential mass cretinisms, but sadly that evolution has proved too slow and needs to be stepped up a few notches in pace. Gun 'em down, nerve gas their home wastelands (seriously look at fucking syria, they can't even be trusted not to carve their doorsteps out of a block of desert-solidified turd. Their own turds, and then to defaecate upon those doorsteps. I realize the russians have screwed things up further, but they are still squabbling like rats in a sewer over a city of ghosts, of dust and of rubble.   We just need to finish the job and put such vacuous pillocks out of their misery.  It isn't committing a war crime or an atrocity, it is committing pesticide.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #688 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:07 PM »
So what have you contributed to the society lately?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #689 on: November 09, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
So what have you contributed to the society lately?

Don't get me wrong: I'm far from supporting Lestat's drug-fuelled fantasies. But really , Odeon, that's an horribly cheap and completely irrelevant comback.  And that's not the frist time I've seen you throw that one in

What the heck you think you're doing, on an Aspie Board, FFS, coming across as worthier-than-thou, just  because you're in renumerative  employment, and quite a number of us are not? You do know that's  a very common aspie problem , don't you? You do know that , very often, people's  self-esteem plummets to a  suicidal low on that account? Especially here in Britain, where the unemployed and disabled are the new Jews, according to various unscrupulous politicians and media?

Yeah, I do know this isn't a Kumbuyaa-singing support group; it's the "grow -a-thick skin" group, but that really is the pits. What the heck is possessing you?