Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39187 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1845 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:40 AM »
Tomorrow I'm going to BBQ (Why the fart is the abbreviation of the word barbecue.. BBQ? Ok, British Broadcasting Corporation maybe prevents.. blah balh blah.. surry)

Anyway.. a barbecue at my sister's place tomorrow thus. I'm preparing food for it at the moment..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1846 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »
Tomorrow I'm going to BBQ (Why the fart is the abbreviation of the word barbecue.. BBQ? Ok, British Broadcasting Corporation maybe prevents.. blah balh blah.. surry)

Anyway.. a barbecue at my sister's place tomorrow thus. I'm preparing food for it at the moment..

:lol:    Some restaurants spell it "Bar-B-Q" on their signs, at least here in the States. 
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1847 on: April 24, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »
Think it's common practice to write BBQ almost worldwide (OK, the Western world/those folks/nation who barbecue)

(off, preparing again)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1848 on: April 24, 2011, 08:44:08 AM »
Have to take monkeyboy to Sick Kids hospital for his appointment at the genetics clinic. Absolutely dreading it since it will most likely require bloodwork and that means I will have a screaming/thrashing child on my hands. Promised to numb his arms first with the patches and then if they'll let him lay down, and he keeps his eyes closed, and I can hold him tightly then hopefully we can get out of there quickly and ultimately unscathed. That's our plan at least.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1849 on: April 24, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
Have to take monkeyboy to Sick Kids hospital for his appointment at the genetics clinic. Absolutely dreading it since it will most likely require bloodwork and that means I will have a screaming/thrashing child on my hands. Promised to numb his arms first with the patches and then if they'll let him lay down, and he keeps his eyes closed, and I can hold him tightly then hopefully we can get out of there quickly and ultimately unscathed. That's our plan at least.

My boy is the same and nowdays he is man sized.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1850 on: April 24, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »

Yes. Last time I had to do this with him was several years ago. He went in all calm was ready for it, then the twit nurse showed him the needle and that sent him over the edge. I explicitly told them NOT to show him the needle, get in get it done, get out. Then when he started screaming and crying she yelled at him "Oh my god!!! What is WRONG with you!!!" I nearly had a shitfit. You would think, being childrens hospital, he wouldn't be the first autistic they've had to deal with and certainly show a bit more professionalism. in the end, it took 5 of us to hold him down. Traumatic for him, to say the least. Now he's nearly as tall as me so I have no idea who it will go. and lucky us, the ex will be in tow.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1851 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »

Wikipedia

The word barbecue has attracted several inaccurate origins from folk etymology. An often-repeated claim is that the word is derived from the French language. The story goes that French visitors to the Caribbean saw a pig being cooked whole and described the method as barbe à queue, meaning "from beard to tail". The French word for barbecue is also barbecue, and the "beard to tail" explanation is regarded as false by most language experts. The only merit is that it relies on the similar sound of the words, a feature common in folk-etymology explanations. Another claim states that the word BBQ came from the time when roadhouses and beer joints with pool tables advertised "Bar, Beer and Cues". According to this tale, the phrase was shortened over time to BBCue, then BBQ.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1852 on: April 25, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »

Yes. Last time I had to do this with him was several years ago. He went in all calm was ready for it, then the twit nurse showed him the needle and that sent him over the edge. I explicitly told them NOT to show him the needle, get in get it done, get out. Then when he started screaming and crying she yelled at him "Oh my god!!! What is WRONG with you!!!" I nearly had a shitfit. You would think, being childrens hospital, he wouldn't be the first autistic they've had to deal with and certainly show a bit more professionalism. in the end, it took 5 of us to hold him down. Traumatic for him, to say the least. Now he's nearly as tall as me so I have no idea who it will go. and lucky us, the ex will be in tow.

Last time I went with the youngest, she threw up.

The nurse did not want to listen to us, and talked to her as if she was a three year old. We pushed our wishes. And that did work. She did not pass out, she did throw up in a container, and not all over herself, me and the nurse as she did the time before. But, she did feel sick for a couple of hours afterwards. Yet, with a laugh, because we could not help ourselves, and had to replay how that stupid nurse was talking as if she was only three.

Mixed experience. Both of us were proud to have been so stubborn, so it would go our way.
But, bloodwork still scares the hell out of her. As do vaccinations. I need to find the courage and strength to get the last of the DTP and BMR done for her.  :-\
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1853 on: April 25, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
The Princess Royal has had so many shots and blood tests that they don't even phase her.  And, no, that's not such a good thing.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1854 on: April 25, 2011, 08:29:44 AM »
Going back to work. There's a new laptop for me to install and setup.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1855 on: April 25, 2011, 08:31:44 AM »
The Princess Royal has had so many shots and blood tests that they don't even phase her.  And, no, that's not such a good thing.

:hug: for the PR

I never got to that stage. Despite having had a year of blood tests every other week. Kept freaking me out. Only after I was 30 or so, I learned to take it easy.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1856 on: April 25, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »
If all is right, I have the day off tomorrow. AND both girls will be in school.

Past few weeks I have had a meagre three hours on my own, hope the four days till the May holidays will be giving me a few more hours just for me.  :)

I sure hope I have the day off tomorrow. But with the communication skills of management at work, I'm not sure....., nor is my colleague.  :facepalm2:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1857 on: April 26, 2011, 06:01:36 AM »
^Hope you got the day to yourself. :)

I am going to uni to meet up with someone who wants my help with statistics. It is strange she wants my help, I almost failed the stats unit last semester, though I did well in the stats write-up assignments. So I hope I can help her, will feel useless if I can't.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1858 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:02 AM »

Last time I went with the youngest, she threw up.

The nurse did not want to listen to us, and talked to her as if she was a three year old. We pushed our wishes. And that did work. She did not pass out, she did throw up in a container, and not all over herself, me and the nurse as she did the time before. But, she did feel sick for a couple of hours afterwards. Yet, with a laugh, because we could not help ourselves, and had to replay how that stupid nurse was talking as if she was only three.

Mixed experience. Both of us were proud to have been so stubborn, so it would go our way.

But, bloodwork still scares the hell out of her. As do vaccinations. I need to find the courage and strength to get the last of the DTP and BMR done for her.  :-\

:plus:  to both of you, for asserting yourselves in a scary situation, and for finding humor in it as well.

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1859 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:39 AM »

:hug: for the PR

I never got to that stage. Despite having had a year of blood tests every other week. Kept freaking me out. Only after I was 30 or so, I learned to take it easy.

I panicked and cried over blood tests as a child (fortunately I had only a few routine tests), and for most of my adult life I've had to look away
at the moment the needle goes in.  Just recently, I decided to keep watching, and now I find I can watch the whole test with barely a flinch.
Maybe my medical-geek curiosity helps me!    :nerd!:

People forget.