Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39442 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1635 on: April 01, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
Make chili. And if the weather is nice enough I'm going to buy myself some wellies and get out in the garden and start cleaning it up.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1636 on: April 01, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
Get up at 4:15 a.m. to make sure I'm at the polling place for 5:30.  Then spend 14 hours watching people sign their names and writing down their name in a book.  I'm a poll commissioner.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1637 on: April 01, 2011, 04:51:20 PM »
Get up at 4:15 a.m. to make sure I'm at the polling place for 5:30.  Then spend 14 hours watching people sign their names and writing down their name in a book.  I'm a poll commissioner.

:plus:  for serving your community and the democratic process!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #1638 on: April 01, 2011, 04:59:15 PM »

Like my mum. She has been it since 1967.  :viking:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1639 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »

Like my mum. She has been it since 1967.  :viking:

Yeah, since I couldn't serve in the military (height and eyesight) it's my way of keeping America safe.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1640 on: April 02, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »
Going to do some laundry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1641 on: April 02, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
Work on the mess I call my yard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1642 on: April 02, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »
Going to do some laundry.

I did both today. Only backyard though. Front of the house has to wait a bit longer.

Tomorrow, sleep in, and planning to tackle the mess inside, and, have fun with the girls I hope.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1643 on: April 02, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »
The ex has offered to drop monkeyboy off at the farm for me tomorrow which I have to begrudgingly take him up on since I can't drive with one of the meds I'm taking. So a quiet day at home for me. Laundry, rest, fluids, maybe some stitching or tv. Wish I could get out in my garden. Looks like the weather will be nice but I can't until my breathing improves.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1644 on: April 02, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »
The ex has offered to drop monkeyboy off at the farm for me tomorrow which I have to begrudgingly take him up on since I can't drive with one of the meds I'm taking. So a quiet day at home for me. Laundry, rest, fluids, maybe some stitching or tv. Wish I could get out in my garden. Looks like the weather will be nice but I can't until my breathing improves.

Oh that sucks.

I had a great workout in the backgarden this afternoon, after work and chat.
Felt almost like a new person after that.

Hope the stress-factor will soon be gone from your house, so that you can breathe freely again.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1645 on: April 02, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »

Oh that sucks.

Hope the stress-factor will soon be gone from your house, so that you can breathe freely again.
So true isn't it?  You hear about how stress affects your body but I never knew it could take such a toll until I went through this experience. Really looking forward to days in the garden. I've never been able to do anything in a garden (I kill plants just by looking at them :P ) but last year weeding was very cathartic for me. I was surprised at how good it felt and I was able to process better and clear my mind. I even grew beautiful roses :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1646 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:33 PM »

Oh that sucks.

So true isn't it?  You hear about how stress affects your body but I never knew it could take such a toll until I went through this experience. Really looking forward to days in the garden. I've never been able to do anything in a garden (I kill plants just by looking at them :P ) but last year weeding was very cathartic for me. I was surprised at how good it felt and I was able to process better and clear my mind. I even grew beautiful roses :)

Hope you'll get to do lots of gardening this year, without your ex seeing a thing of it.

Can you do some windowsill preparing for better days?

Things like chillies, herbs and such?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1647 on: April 02, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »

Oh that sucks.

Hope you'll get to do lots of gardening this year, without your ex seeing a thing of it.

I don't know how :P And I'm also afraid nothing will come of it because my cat will eat it all.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1648 on: April 02, 2011, 07:00:45 PM »

Work on the mess I call my apartment!   :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1649 on: April 03, 2011, 06:45:21 AM »

Oh that sucks.

I don't know how :P And I'm also afraid nothing will come of it because my cat will eat it all.

:D, I may be finding out not too long from now if cats like the sprouts of chillies........Awww, poor critters.

There are very small windowsill greenhouses, with a lid on it. The lid may prevent the cat from thinking it is a litterbox, and it can be left on top till the seedlings are big enough to survive a little cat-nibbling.