Educational

Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39309 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »

Good luck with this. I did this once when my son was little, said friends parents turned out to be a couple of religious fruitcakes...needless to say that didn't turn out so well. ::)

:lol: I'm picturing you barefoot, hair all wild, and then upon realizing what the parents are really like, pulling out your vaccuum collection just to see their reaction.  >:D

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2010, 09:16:06 AM »

Good luck with this. I did this once when my son was little, said friends parents turned out to be a couple of religious fruitcakes...needless to say that didn't turn out so well. ::)

:lol: I'm picturing you barefoot, hair all wild, and then upon realizing what the parents are really like, pulling out your vaccuum collection just to see their reaction.  >:D

Well, cleanliness is next to godliness!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »

Well, cleanliness is next to godliness!  :laugh:

Yep, and the gargoyle statue and my abundant love of candles didn't help much either. :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
Work on the house/yard depending on the weather
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
It's back to work for me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »

We are having some people over.

OMFG!! NO!! NOT THAT,  PLEASE,  NOT PEOPLE OVER - EVER!!!!

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I am going to meet the parents and cook for them all, tomorrow.    :yikes:

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.

'kay, so how am I supposed to keep some stranger off my "record player."   I fucking can not tolerate some stranger thinking that, for even one instant, that they can see my cool stuff.

My house is my own and my cool stuff is out where it can be seen if someone hits my fucking door. I can not have any one hit my fucking door!~

~~~ <enforces deep breathing upon self>

I am sure that I am not completely without peer in these xenophobiaic reservations. Please, some one speak up!

I can not be the only one who does NOT want strangers in their house, FFS!!!

goddamnit

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

No, you're not the only one.

I find strangers in the house hard.

I find it easier to visit people than to have people here.

It's changing a bit, because of having kids. That does mean that I get kids visiting me. So, I "learn" I guess.

But I don't like strangers in my house. Am not fond of visitors most of the time. There's a few people I am comfortable with in my house. Very few.

I do know people who are completely the opposite, who can't go out to visit other people, but almost live in an "open house", welcoming all.

Was befriended once with a woman like that. Never was an issue where we were meeting.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
all the studff I planned to do today.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »
all the studff I planned to do today.

:lol:  Me too!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »

We are having some people over.

OMFG!! NO!! NOT THAT,  PLEASE,  NOT PEOPLE OVER - EVER!!!!

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I am going to meet the parents and cook for them all, tomorrow.    :yikes:

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.

'kay, so how am I supposed to keep some stranger off my "record player."   I fucking can not tolerate some stranger thinking that, for even one instant, that they can see my cool stuff.

My house is my own and my cool stuff is out where it can be seen if someone hits my fucking door. I can not have any one hit my fucking door!~

~~~ <enforces deep breathing upon self>

I am sure that I am not completely without peer in these xenophobiaic reservations. Please, some one speak up!

goddamnit

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

It's changing a bit, because of having kids. That does mean that I get kids visiting me. So, I "learn" I guess.

But I don't like strangers in my house. Am not fond of visitors most of the time. There's a few people I am comfortable with in my house. Very few.

I do know people who are completely the opposite, who can't go out to visit other people, but almost live in an "open house", welcoming all.

Was befriended once with a woman like that. Never was an issue where we were meeting.

I only want the people I want and invite in.  Mostly not very many with kids it's tough though

George Bernard Shaw

Celticgoddess

« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

You're definitely not the only one. I can't tolerate strangers in my house either. I'm much like Hyke (no shock there ;) ) in that there are only a handful of people I can in my space and the numbers are very few. I also don't take kindly to people who just show up on my doorstep so unless you call ahead of time and tell me you're coming, I won't answer.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
My mum is coming to visit us in a little over a week. I've known this for weeks by now, but it's still stressing me up. What's worse, we'll only get a few days of rest after my mum before some friends will stay over the weekend. Two adults, FOUR kids. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »
My mum is coming to visit us in a little over a week. I've known this for weeks by now, but it's still stressing me up. What's worse, we'll only get a few days of rest after my mum before some friends will stay over the weekend. Two adults, FOUR kids. :GA:

Yikes you'll need those new painkillers  :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »
i think we're going to the beach again. depends on the weather probably

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

A tent in the garden might take away most of the stress of the kids. Two tents might take care of a bit of the hardship of the adults visiting too.  (assuming you have a garden)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
Hopefully less procrastinating and more actinating.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: