Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 39210 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »

We are having some people over.

OMFG!! NO!! NOT THAT,  PLEASE,  NOT PEOPLE OVER - EVER!!!!

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I am going to meet the parents and cook for them all, tomorrow.    :yikes:

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Good luck with this. I did this once when my son was little, said friends parents turned out to be a couple of religious fruitcakes...needless to say that didn't turn out so well. ::)

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
Sleep in
Have some coffee and a cinnamon raisin english muffin with a little peanut butter on it
Take the back roads for a spirited drive to town for lunch.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2010, 07:32:45 PM »

My daughter has a "friend"  from school that she wants to hang with.  The parents of said "friend"  will not allow their daughter to associate with people at all, if they do not know the parents, etc.   My initial GUT feeling is a little bit settled to find this out, TBH.  As much as I despise to have anyone approach my house (remember, I am NOT a "Welcome Mat"  person - I am a "Giant Fucking CANNON in the front yard"  type of person, get it?)  I am somewhat relieved to think that my daughter may have chosen a "friend"  that has a chance of a decent upbringing. 

I will probably be overstimmed beyond reason tomorrow evening, once it s all over, but if this makes it possible for my own young daughter to have a decent "friend,"   then I plan to do my best NOT to fuck it up!

Good luck with this. I did this once when my son was little, said friends parents turned out to be a couple of religious fruitcakes...needless to say that didn't turn out so well. ::)

thanks

i will do my best to not fuck up
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »
Do the dishes I shoud have done tonight, bake some chicken for today's dinner and later in the week.  Will also chop some up seasonings (red and green bell peppers, red onions, celery in the same packet) and put the packets in the freezer for future meals, plant 3 tomato plants I bought, do general straightening in the house.

Yay, multitasking!  :multitask:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
Sleep in
Have some coffee and a cinnamon raisin english muffin with a little peanut butter on it
Take the back roads for a spirited drive to town for lunch.

Sounds delicious!  :drool:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #290 on: June 05, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

Hopefully your wife and daughter will do most of the hostess-y stuff and minimize your distress.

'kay, so how am I supposed to keep some stranger off my "record player."   I fucking can not tolerate some stranger thinking that, for even one instant, that they can see my cool stuff.

My house is my own and my cool stuff is out where it can be seen if someone hits my fucking door. I can not have any one hit my fucking door!~

~~~ <enforces deep breathing upon self>

I am sure that I am not completely without peer in these xenophobiaic reservations. Please, some one speak up!

I can not be the only one who does NOT want strangers in their house, FFS!!!

goddamnit

:police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

Can you hide your stuff, just for the duration of the visit? :chin:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #291 on: June 05, 2010, 10:06:45 PM »
Do the dishes I shoud have done tonight, bake some chicken for today's dinner and later in the week.  Will also chop some up seasonings (red and green bell peppers, red onions, celery in the same packet) and put the packets in the freezer for future meals, plant 3 tomato plants I bought, do general straightening in the house.

I'm not sure why making those seasoning packets make me feel virtuous.  I'd probably feel positively saintly if I ever baked bread.  And yes, I'll send you some cbc, through internet post.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
I have an exam tomorrow.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »

I'm not sure why making those seasoning packets make me feel virtuous.  I'd probably feel positively saintly if I ever baked bread.  And yes, I'll send you some cbc, through internet post.

Awesome! Seasoning packets are so convenient! Maybe you feel virtuous because you've done the work ahead of time and made your future meals easier to prepare! :headbang2:

People forget.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2010, 05:40:16 AM »
In Sweden there are all sorts of cunts reporting this or that to the police.

A son of one of my mum's former working colleagues went to a special class for ADHD kids. He threatened to hit the teacher, though he didn't do it, so the fucking coward reported the kid to the cops. What did he have to do as a teacher for children with special needs in the first place?

That's horrible.  I doubt my daughter would last very long in a class with a teacher like that.

It makes me wonder why they want to teach special needs children when they have no tolerance for them.

My daughter called her art teacher a 'dickhead' once, for which she got suspended for. When your child is suspended, you have to sit in as a parent with the school counsellor about behaviour that is inappropriate etc etc. The school counsellor is very straight laced, but once you do the session with your child, your child leaves the room, and you speak to the counsellor about your childs behaviour 'issues' and a plan to move forward.

So, when my daughter left the room, I said to the counsellor, "I'm sorry, but every angle I look at what her teacher did, he was being a dickhead and I know you can't condone calling names at school, but he really does sound like a dickhead".

She laughed, and said, "he is".

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:26 AM »

A son of one of my mum's former working colleagues went to a special class for ADHD kids. He threatened to hit the teacher, though he didn't do it, so the fucking coward reported the kid to the cops. What did he have to do as a teacher for children with special needs in the first place?

That's horrible.  I doubt my daughter would last very long in a class with a teacher like that.

It makes me wonder why they want to teach special needs children when they have no tolerance for them.

My daughter called her art teacher a 'dickhead' once, for which she got suspended for. When your child is suspended, you have to sit in as a parent with the school counsellor about behaviour that is inappropriate etc etc. The school counsellor is very straight laced, but once you do the session with your child, your child leaves the room, and you speak to the counsellor about your childs behaviour 'issues' and a plan to move forward.

So, when my daughter left the room, I said to the counsellor, "I'm sorry, but every angle I look at what her teacher did, he was being a dickhead and I know you can't condone calling names at school, but he really does sound like a dickhead".

:plus: That's just awesome.

People forget.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2010, 05:52:19 AM »
More archiving and filing at work :(

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »

He he...thanks. The counsellors honesty actually worked in a positive way. I told my daugter that in fact knowing secretly he was definitely a dickhead was better than giving him the satisfaction of being able to punish her for saying it out loud. She did so well in art for the rest of the year...feeling comforted and secure that she was right.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »

He he...thanks. The counsellors honesty actually worked in a positive way. I told my daugter that in fact knowing secretly he was definitely a dickhead was better than giving him the satisfaction of being able to punish her for saying it out loud. She did so well in art for the rest of the year...feeling comforted and secure that she was right.

That was a good way to present the importance of discreet silence. :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »