Educational

Author Topic: Thread that GA cannot lock. Debate continued in here. GA's Diaper time...  (Read 3242 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Well, considering that ordinary people without AS can be transgendered too, I doubt a significant correlation with AS would be made, if at all. However the risk is there because the media is known to distort information to suit their own agendas for ratings. But even then, this potential correlation problem can be eliminated when multiple advocates are involved in the process. If each one is distinctively different from the other to show diversity, then the problem is solved.

So technically I see no issue.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Being aspie and being transgendered are two separate issues, which in some people happen to coexist. I think readers of this hypothetical interview could understand that.
May end up hating myself in the morning for this but have to say Christopher did make a point, and his interview scenario may speak more of the heart of what is bothering him than anything else written on this subject; something he would feel would make him look bad. Have noted the issue of sexuality, asexuality, and gender identity in others and feel there may be some possible connection and would not be upset with the association. However have been very upset in other situations where some who also have personality disorders portray traits of those disorders as being traits of autism. Found this very upsetting, and while not agreeing on this issue can completely understand his stance.
Hadron makes practically everything go back to his "cause."  His reactions tend to be about as logical as the kind of feminazi anti-cock rants that would call battered men's shelters a crime against women.  Unlike a feminazi, though, Hadron never stops being on the rag.

I so agree here. Lets lock up all ASD persons who are not for the rest looking like the perfect normal citizen.
Blindness, hearing problems, hereditary hip-problems, and, while we're at it, lets lock up all autistics over 50 too. Aging is so horrible. And since age is said to be mostly a matter of the mind, damn, they could have prevented their wrinkles.

Hail to the pedigree perfect aspie.

You rock Hadron. (but not in public)
That, gays, gypsies, and the mentally defective.  (Not to kill the thread, but someone had to say it.)

Well, considering that ordinary people without AS can be transgendered too, I doubt a significant correlation with AS would be made, if at all. However the risk is there because the media is known to distort information to suit their own agendas for ratings. But even then, this potential correlation problem can be eliminated when multiple advocates are involved in the process. If each one is distinctively different from the other to show diversity, then the problem is solved.

So technically I see no issue.
I really don't think that it would end up doing anything but bringing awareness to two issues at once anyway, even if it were to happen- except to the types of people who legitimately assume that all people with ASDs will be duplicates of rainman- and those folks will start stereotyping after *any* kind of major media attention is drawn to ASDs.

I'm also doubtful of that type of research being done on any large scale unless some pharmaceutical company or another stands to profit from it.  Big studies are unfortunately driven far more often by profit than by the desire to learn and/or "do good."  So, ask yourself... how likely is it that there will be a pill out in the foreseeable future that will treat autism *and* address transgender issues, all in one go- not counting off-label prescribing, of course.  Which, come to think of it, I'd not be surprised to hear some quacks were trying to do already.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
What does GA being transgendered have to do with him being gay or not?   If he is truly asexual, then he can't be actually considered gay (in the homosexual context).   If he wants to play dress up and act like a woman, it does not effect me directly in any way.   I still think he looks ridiculous though haha.

On a more serious note:   You are all a bunch of gay defective faggots that need to be exterminated.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Scrapheap

Because they are interfering with people acting on their religious beliefs and the internal affairs of religious organisations. For example Catholic adoption agencies, forcing them to have gay priests and so on.

The Caltholic Church already has gay priests you stupid fuck!! The Church just forces them to be in the closet and rape little boys instaed of being open about who they are.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
I really don't think that it would end up doing anything but bringing awareness to two issues at once anyway, even if it were to happen- except to the types of people who legitimately assume that all people with ASDs will be duplicates of rainman- and those folks will start stereotyping after *any* kind of major media attention is drawn to ASDs.

I'm also doubtful of that type of research being done on any large scale unless some pharmaceutical company or another stands to profit from it.  Big studies are unfortunately driven far more often by profit than by the desire to learn and/or "do good."  So, ask yourself... how likely is it that there will be a pill out in the foreseeable future that will treat autism *and* address transgender issues, all in one go- not counting off-label prescribing, of course.  Which, come to think of it, I'd not be surprised to hear some quacks were trying to do already.

Pretty much what I thought. But my concern is more on how the media frames the story to 'spice' it up. I'm thinking more about the typical sensationalism being the problem, rather than just the sponsorships behind it. Hence why a diverse group of advocates is required to mitigate such attempts.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
"I just want to see how far Hadron will really sink." Doing a damned good job so far, GA. These are all assertions that he has made in this thread alone.

... all [gay people] have to do is tell a simple lie.
Because telling the truth is soooo overrated. It does nothing for your credibility.

How dare [gays] take up political time on things like the right to give blood, which has no real impact on peoples lives
Tell that to someone who depends on blood donations in order to continue living.

[For people such as Galileo Ace to speak of their own life experiences and struggles is] the sort of thing that needs stamping out, along with the Neurodiversity arguments if we are to be successful.
Because the right to speak freely about yourself and your beliefs is just soooo overrated. Almost as bad as telling the truth as you perceive it.

[Instead of trying to win support for neurodiversity] (w)e need one simple demand and its best we use the symmetry with the black rights movement to do it.
What if black people decide that those aspie & autie spazzes make them look ridiculous, and try to discredit us?

... take the sensible option and deligitimise his (sic) nonsense before any idiot like him (sic) tries to make a meaningful move.
Because silencing any fellow aspie who doesn't agree with you is such a principled way to fight.

It needs to be done very carefully. The problem is we have to do something on the way to get bad cop in place. We end up with the very real concern of someone overenthusatic taking things too far. Then we lose control. We could easily end up with an army of Unabombers or worse. The problem is whoever plays bad cop will have people over-executing their decisions and jumping the gun. We know what some of our lot can be like. Keeping them in line will be difficult.
The party apparatchik's worst problem is not the political opposition, but the True Believers from his own side who actually believe all that bullshit about autonomy, and justice, and freedom.

... we get no right of reply on other peoples assumptions.
The hell we don't. The fact that I choose to continue living is, by itself, a big gob of spit in the eye of other people's assumptions.

Quite easy - claim he (sic) is not a true Aspie. The point is, we need everyone to sing the party line. Otherwise we get nowhere. Think in terms of someone in a political party going against the party line and look at how damaging it always is.

We need a simple, coherent message and for everyone to stick to it. Things will get ugly otherwise.
Our lives as a party campaign? With discipline, rules, and threat of punishment or expulsion for non-compliance? What an incredibly impoverished way of looking at the matter.

Transgenderism is pure fantasy, not only in my eyes, but in the eyes of the rest of the public too. And rightly so. It does not need legitimising. It needs people to be put in their place and to except their own reality.

Having delusional people running around claiming to represent us undermines the cause.
What's wrong with the idea of letting people speak for themselves? No one is telling you that you must believe them.

It is about the rights of people with AS not to be discrimated against unduly in all aspects of their life for having it. That is a cause that all of us should agree on.
I think we're old enough and ugly enough to figure out what our own priorities ought to be.

How dare you think for yourself SD?  :zombiefuck: :laugh:

:plus: for stamina.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
There is no "us", silly. Not out there, not IRL. Never was, never will be. Just a bunch of spazzes with a dx going a long way to explain why there won't ever be an "us".

You'll never represent me.
Its about a cause rather than representation. It is about the rights of people with AS not to be discrimated against unduly in all aspects of their life for having it. That is a cause that all of us should agree on. What is left to agree is how we get there. Having the right people in play doing the right things makes it all more likely.

People like GA are sending us backwards.

YOU are sending yourself backwards. I'd make sure the road is clear if I were you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
There is no "us", silly. Not out there, not IRL. Never was, never will be. Just a bunch of spazzes with a dx going a long way to explain why there won't ever be an "us".

You'll never represent me.
Its about a cause rather than representation. It is about the rights of people with AS not to be discrimated against unduly in all aspects of their life for having it. That is a cause that all of us should agree on. What is left to agree is how we get there. Having the right people in play doing the right things makes it all more likely.

People like GA are sending us backwards.

YOU are sending yourself backwards. I'd make sure the road is clear if I were you.

Oh, he paved the road with "good intentions." He'll get there.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

GalileoAce

I mean this with the utmost respect.  He [Hadron] sounds like a person with AS.  Not the idiotic view point, obviously.  But he has made up his mind, he has done his "research" and he if it hurts your feelings he could care less.  I say this having an Aspie as one of my oldest friends and 10 plus years of being their only social outlet...

I love Aspies, but when they think they know what's what... not much point arguing.

[...]he thinks that AS need more rights, and he believes that until gay rights are resolved he can't get anyone to care about AS rights, so gay rights must not be a problem, because it's in the way
so gay ppl are making it up and need to let people with real problems through
what does he care he's not gay
but he is AS
that's how I read him at least
again, in no way am I justifying his argument, it's crap
just that it's not important how bad it is, because it serves his underline need
and that you can't convince him otherwise
he wants you to think a certain way, so that you'll support his AS agenda fully

again it's all means to the same ends

which is why I describe him as interesting, although I think sad would also be appropriate

or am I getting overly analytical :P

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
I mean this with the utmost respect.  He [Hadron] sounds like a person with AS.  Not the idiotic view point, obviously.  But he has made up his mind, he has done his "research" and he if it hurts your feelings he could care less.  I say this having an Aspie as one of my oldest friends and 10 plus years of being their only social outlet...

I love Aspies, but when they think they know what's what... not much point arguing.

[...]he thinks that AS need more rights, and he believes that until gay rights are resolved he can't get anyone to care about AS rights, so gay rights must not be a problem, because it's in the way
so gay ppl are making it up and need to let people with real problems through
what does he care he's not gay
but he is AS
that's how I read him at least
again, in no way am I justifying his argument, it's crap
just that it's not important how bad it is, because it serves his underline need
and that you can't convince him otherwise
he wants you to think a certain way, so that you'll support his AS agenda fully

again it's all means to the same ends

which is why I describe him as interesting, although I think sad would also be appropriate

or am I getting overly analytical :P

I don't describe Hadron.
Then again I don't describe the results of my bowel movements when I have food poisoning.
Some things are best not described.

I don't read much of Hadron either....for much the same reasons.

I think he will rejoice every victory of merit in the "cause". I think he will pat the backs of the "worthy". I think he will allude to the great fight with his "comrades". I think he will bask in the "unity" and fighting spirit. He will play up on all the mistakes he was not silly enough to make and all the meaningless battles he was not stupid enough to engage in and all the risks he was clever enough not to enganger himself in and at the end of the day it will be understood, that he simply did nothing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

GalileoAce

[...]at the end of the day it will be understood, that he simply did nothing.

Yeah...What does he do? He claims this 'cause' and the 'work' he's doing, but has he ever said what that actually entails?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

Yeah...What does he do? He claims this 'cause' and the 'work' he's doing, but has he ever said what that actually entails?

Don't forget that he knows a lot of influential people. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

Don't forget that he knows a lot of influential people. :P

And he walked a drunken lord home and put him to bed, apparently.

He never said what happened next, though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
The cause happened.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Maybe he took one for the "team"
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap