Educational

Author Topic: American Liberals start to see the light on Gun Rights.  (Read 1232 times)

Scrapheap

American Liberals start to see the light on Gun Rights.
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
It's about time that American Liberal Groups find some internal philosophical consistency and realize that the Bill of Rights was meant for individual and not states rights.

Article

TheoK

Re: American Liberals start to see the light on Gun Rights.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Very good. Won't happen in Europe, though, unless some really shattering happens.

Osensitive1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
It could be the left is starting to wise up when picking their battles, or at least which battles to make the most noise over. Weapons rights are a key deciding factor among some voters who are fairly middle of the road in their own political philosophy, and would easily be swayed to the other side if gun control were held in the same light from both sides. Seems it could take some time for that to really happen though.

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »
Leftists are real idiots, since gun laws originally were made to oppress the masses. They are pro something that was originally invented to keep them from gaining power.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:57:27 PM »
Now this is something i'm glad to see happening. Maybe this could be a domino effect?  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:19 AM »
this just in:  the right is now pro choice.

does it matter?  they are the same.  they seem to disagree on some hot topics that polarizes the voter.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 02:01:41 AM »
Now this is something i'm glad to see happening. Maybe this could be a domino effect?  :zoinks:

Like I said: not outside the US. The rest of the planet won't follow. We copy-cat all crap from America, like McDonalds, but not the good things like freedom of speech or right to own guns.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 02:06:41 AM »

Like I said: not outside the US. The rest of the planet won't follow. We copy-cat all crap from America, like McDonalds, but not the good things like freedom of speech or right to own guns.

Ingrate! McDonald's is perfectly good food!  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 02:38:55 AM »
But anyway, the Swedish social democrats and communists are idiots when in favour of the gun law, since the gun law was originally introduced because social democrats and communists used to carry guns during their meetings. The gun law was introduced to make the people defenseless against the state.

And how perverted isn't politics when "liberal" means that you want to ban something?

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »
It could be the left is starting to wise up when picking their battles, or at least which battles to make the most noise over. Weapons rights are a key deciding factor among some voters who are fairly middle of the road in their own political philosophy, and would easily be swayed to the other side if gun control were held in the same light from both sides. Seems it could take some time for that to really happen though.

I don't think it's so much an issue of wising up about which battles to pick, as it is realizing that they've been wrong about this issue all along.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »
Leftists are real idiots, since gun laws originally were made to oppress the masses. They are pro something that was originally invented to keep them from gaining power.

The Left claims to represent the masses, especially the dowtrodden ones, therefore their position on gun rights has always seemed self-contradictory to me.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »

One could only hope!  :thumbup:

Scrapheap

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
this just in:  the right is now pro choice.

does it matter?  they are the same.  they seem to disagree on some hot topics that polarizes the voter.

The Right, at least in America, seemse to tollerate more ideological diversity, so long as they don't break Reagan's eleventh commandment.

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
But anyway, the Swedish social democrats and communists are idiots when in favour of the gun law, since the gun law was originally introduced because social democrats and communists used to carry guns during their meetings.

One of the distinguishing charachteristics of authoritarian bullshit is hypocricy

The gun law was introduced to make the people defenseless against the state.

As are all gun laws.  The .50 BMG was outlawed in California despite never being used in a crime. The cops fear the .50 BMG because they know they're defensless against it.  8)

And how perverted isn't politics when "liberal" means that you want to ban something?

QFT! that's why the term Libertarian exists as a seperate term from Liberalism.

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »
It's so shamelessly obvious that gun laws are made for the sole purpose to oppress the masses of the people:

*The Brits confiscated people's guns in America shortly before the revolution, so that the colonists shouldn't be able to make a civil uprising.

*Germany had a short ban on civilian guns in 1920, just after it was defeated in WWI.

*Many European countries introduced their gun laws between the WWs, when there was great civilian unrest in many coutries. The Soviet Union was one of the first to ban most guns and had the worst punishments for crimes against them.

*Germany had an 11 year long total gun ban again after it was defeated in WWII.

*North Korea and China have total gun bans for civilians, and the punishment for illegal possession of firearms is death.

*Russia still has a minimum punishment of four years for illegal possession of firearms. Only rifles for hunting are allowed.

So as you can see, gun laws are/were introduced were there is/was civilian unrest and/or a country was defeated in war. And the most draconic gun laws and punishments for breaking them are in authoritarian and totalitarian states.

How can anyone possibly need more proof that gun laws are there for the quite opposite purpose that the ones in charge claim?

Yet, here in Sweden, the pacifist cunts won't reply to this if you face them with this fact. They will first ridicule you and then starting over with "Guns are bad", "Guns are made only to kill", "Go to the USA if you don't like to live in peace(!)" etc.

I have even heard/read people outspokenly suggest that the cops should leave the criminals' guns but concentrate on disarming the law-abiding people, since the law-abiding people are so many more!!!

And when I say to one of these cunts: "OK, since you hate guns so much, I guess you want to disarm the cops and the military as well?", the stupid fuck usually answers: "No, the police and military have a job to do(!)" Yes, dipshit, they have a job to do, namely to fuck you up the arse. Or they say "Ordinary people don't need guns". Or both.

God what I hate Swedish cunts (which are the majority of this country's population). I actually hope for some big terrorist attack or a Russian invasion or something, because that seems to be the only way to bring the stupid and incredibly naïve Swedes in contact with reality.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:49:21 AM by TheoK »