Educational

Author Topic: Discuss GalileoAce  (Read 8746 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Discuss GalileoAce
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2010, 02:13:46 AM »
Yes there are social issues that come about because society works according to NT brains not Aspie brains. But that's not NT's fault, they are the majority.

There are also a host of other, non-social issues that some Aspies (and other's don't) that have nothing to do with NTs.

So, if the majority are religious dumbfucks believing that Earth is flat, people with brains should accept that?

I don't give a fuck about what the majority thinks as long as they leave me alone.

Those are not comparative examples.

Why not?

The majority are dumbfucks, btw. The general public think that Aspies are potential terrorists and school-shooters with no feelings for other human beings. Not that I get very warm feelings for them through these prejudices, though.

Proof? Aren't you presenting yourself as the one with prejudices right now? Me, I suspect that the majority doesn't care.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2010, 02:18:10 AM »
The fact is that because of the disorder (or rather, the group of disorders, and yes, so sorry, I do think it is a disorder), we miss a huge portion of the non-verbal communication taking place between the vast majority of the population. Quite a few of us have problems with language and communication--I see my son struggling with this every day, not because he is stupid but because he is autistic--and comorbids such as OCD and ADD are common, etc, etc, etc. Ignoring these facts is not going to help you, just as pretending that the blind's lack of eyesight is everyone else's problem, not his, will help the blind.

I myself never got any help from society more than my pension. It wasn't my shrink who learned me to interpret non-verbal communication, it was myself. My shrink only told me about my limitations.  ::)

You can overcome your limitations only when being aware of them. Yes, the society can help, and yes, those around you can help, but it's not THEIR responsibility to find out about and compensate for those limitations to the extent possible, it's YOURS. They have their own problems; why should they care about yours? It's not a blame game and treating it as such will only serve to make your life more miserable than it has to be.

Like I said, I don't see any limitations. They could have given me a job that I managed to do from home instead of a pension, but they didn't. They were never interested when I tried to get one.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »
Yes there are social issues that come about because society works according to NT brains not Aspie brains. But that's not NT's fault, they are the majority.

There are also a host of other, non-social issues that some Aspies (and other's don't) that have nothing to do with NTs.

So, if the majority are religious dumbfucks believing that Earth is flat, people with brains should accept that?

I don't give a fuck about what the majority thinks as long as they leave me alone.

Why not?

The majority are dumbfucks, btw. The general public think that Aspies are potential terrorists and school-shooters with no feelings for other human beings. Not that I get very warm feelings for them through these prejudices, though.

Proof? Aren't you presenting yourself as the one with prejudices right now? Me, I suspect that the majority doesn't care.

This made me laugh so hard.

Lit, might be that you are one of the few experiencing that from the general public.

May tell more about how you present yourself than about society.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2010, 02:20:38 AM »
Ask a random NT dumbfuck in the street. Will s/he be able to give a reasonably good explanation of what AS is? Most probably not.

GalileoAce

« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2010, 02:20:48 AM »

Why not?

Perhaps, but you're an idiot. And you're a minority. So don't over-generalise.

Society (in part) is the way in which people interact in emotionally meaningful ways. It's not NT's or Society's fault that Aspies generally don't have emotional content in their communications. Nor is it Aspies' fault is they don't fit.

This is the world. It's no one group's fault and to claim otherwise is arrogant and ignorant.

And off topic.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2010, 02:21:36 AM »
The fact is that because of the disorder (or rather, the group of disorders, and yes, so sorry, I do think it is a disorder), we miss a huge portion of the non-verbal communication taking place between the vast majority of the population. Quite a few of us have problems with language and communication--I see my son struggling with this every day, not because he is stupid but because he is autistic--and comorbids such as OCD and ADD are common, etc, etc, etc. Ignoring these facts is not going to help you, just as pretending that the blind's lack of eyesight is everyone else's problem, not his, will help the blind.

I myself never got any help from society more than my pension. It wasn't my shrink who learned me to interpret non-verbal communication, it was myself. My shrink only told me about my limitations.  ::)

You can overcome your limitations only when being aware of them. Yes, the society can help, and yes, those around you can help, but it's not THEIR responsibility to find out about and compensate for those limitations to the extent possible, it's YOURS. They have their own problems; why should they care about yours? It's not a blame game and treating it as such will only serve to make your life more miserable than it has to be.

Like I said, I don't see any limitations. They could have given me a job that I managed to do from home instead of a pension, but they didn't. They were never interested when I tried to get one.

So, you are more angry with the Swedish wellfare system than with NT society in general.

In my country, they will keep motivating and trying to support a person with ASD to find a fitting job. Disability pension doesn't change that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2010, 02:22:44 AM »
Ask a random NT dumbfuck in the street. Will s/he be able to give a reasonably good explanation of what AS is? Most probably not.

Why should they have detailed knowledge of AS when it is a disorder affecting a small fraction of the population?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2010, 02:24:42 AM »

No, they won't.

But most don't come up with Volkert van der Graaf or a schoolkilling.

They do have either the image of a severely autistic person, or of a computer wizzkid without social skills. The latter the most in my experience. Still flawed, but not as negative as you make it to be.

Lots of people do know someone with a kid on the spectrum too nowadays. That does make a bit of a difference in how they see things.

TheoK

« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2010, 02:24:54 AM »

So, you are more angry with the Swedish wellfare system than with NT society in general.

In my country, they will keep motivating and trying to support a person with ASD to find a fitting job. Disability pension doesn't change that.

No, I'm satisfied with my pension. The NT dumbfucks can work and pay for my living. They chose this society that made me marginalized in the first place. Soleiyu is perfectly right about that.

I just despise them of all my heart for thinking that they are in any way superior.

TheoK

« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »

Why should they have detailed knowledge of AS when it is a disorder affecting a small fraction of the population?

We are about as many in percentage as the Jews in Nazi Germany were. Do you think that the German in general had a good idea of what a Jew was in Nazi Germany?

GalileoAce

« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
I dyed my hair recently...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:02 AM »

No, I'm satisfied with my pension. The NT dumbfucks can work and pay for my living. They chose this society that made me marginalized in the first place. Soleiyu is perfectly right about that.

I just despise them of all my heart for thinking that they are in any way superior.

Again, proof?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2010, 02:31:32 AM »

We are about as many in percentage as the Jews in Nazi Germany were. Do you think that the German in general had a good idea of what a Jew was in Nazi Germany?

And this argument is relevant because...? The Jews were a productive part of the German society until the Nazis forced them out.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »

Again, proof?

Proof for what? That they think they're superior? Most NTs think that you are mentally retarded when you tell them that you have AS.

Ironically the few admitting that we are not are not the average dumbfucks in the street. My shrink admitted that I have higher intelligence than he has, for instances

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »

You are contradicting yourself Lit.