Educational

Author Topic: comments in karma stats.  (Read 955 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
comments in karma stats.
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:29 AM »
firstly, i love the mod.  it is a good way to read what made a positive or negative impression on others.

secondly, i wish that members would stop writing generic reasons why they applaud or smite other.  why aren't the reasons given a little more entertaining?
Misunderstood.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: comments in karma stats.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
Because if you come up with a really good reason, it behooves you to reply in-thread, where all can see it. Also, there's a character limit in the comment field, which some may find constraining.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
firstly, i love the mod.  it is a good way to read what made a positive or negative impression on others.

secondly, i wish that members would stop writing generic reasons why they applaud or smite other.  why aren't the reasons given a little more entertaining?

I sometimes use a lol or the like but it's actually the real reason. You made me laugh, you entertained me. Etc.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »
Because if you come up with a really good reason, it behooves you to reply in-thread, where all can see it. Also, there's a character limit in the comment field, which some may find constraining.
i have noticed these constraints.  it has forced me, at times to be creative.  it has also forced me to be concise.  concise is something that i have a problem with.
Misunderstood.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
i have noticed these constraints.  it has forced me, at times to be creative.  it has also forced me to be concise.  concise is something that i have a problem with.
Yet you refuse to read stuff if it is lengthy. Is there not some hypocrisy here?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
Yet you refuse to read stuff if it is lengthy. Is there not some hypocrisy here?

you would think.

what i mean by concise is giving one clear instruction.  i tend to use too many wordsay the be frt or thirty to say what i could have in 20 characters or less.
Misunderstood.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 06:21:54 PM »

you would think.

what i mean by concise is giving one clear instruction.  i tend to use too many wordsay the be frt or thirty to say what i could have in 20 characters or less.
I know what you mean - I used to find that difficult. But my degree has taught me how to be a lot more laconic, over time.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

you would think.

I know what you mean - I used to find that difficult. But my degree has taught me how to be a lot more laconic, over time.
at work when i need something to happen i have difficulty giving clear concise instructions.  i tend to ramble.
when teaching my kids a lesson i tend to lecture.

i hate this about me.
i want to be a man of few words.
Misunderstood.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

you would think.

at work when i need something to happen i have difficulty giving clear concise instructions.  i tend to ramble.

i hate this about me.
Take a few seconds to think through exactly you want to say before saying anything would be my advice. If you watch any great orator, this is exactly what they do. Or they stall by other means.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »

you would think.

i hate this about me.
Take a few seconds to think through exactly you want to say before saying anything would be my advice. If you watch any great orator, this is exactly what they do. Or they stall by other means.
yeah, i can do this on occasion.  but it seems like my ADD takes over and i begin to blurt things out.  th the eed to justify what i justid with more words  and i kee doing this until i have effectvely repeated mself seven times (exaggeration).

even here, my mind goes way faster than my typing fingers.  i tend to leave out alot of what i wanted to say.  my POV usually turns into a process.
then i get frstrated and man tmes my words come out all wrong.
it is a curse.
Misunderstood.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »
^I have the same, which is why most of my posts are short. I forget most of what I wanted to say.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »
^I have the same, which is why most of my posts are short. I forget most of what I wanted to say.
alot of my mistyping above was because of my keyboard.  i think too many keys are sticking.

i am using a temporary one now.
Misunderstood.