Author Topic: Quatermass pwned  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Quatermass pwned
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:33 AM »
as an example:

i could not adhere to the rules of WP.  i am not socially slick like some and i have strong opinions.  so i thought of an idea for a free speech website for retards.

Exactly what attracted me here. (Not saying that is necessarily a good thing but it was a good reason for me)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:47 AM »
I thought maybe he saw that post as an attack.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 04:52:16 AM »
I thought maybe he saw that post as an attack.

That is the thing. It sort of was and sort of was a bit of fun but I think it still had a bit of genuine merit
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 07:21:26 AM »
What makes it worse is that this is far from the first time Quatermass has attacked the membership of WP wholesale, I'd previously called him out in PPR for ad hominems against conservative members, and in previous discussions of moderator conduct he's gone on at length about the ungrateful members who don't appreciate what the mods have to do, etc ad nauseum.  I really don't know how Alex picks his mods, it's like he seeks out the crankiest, most dysfunctional people and then turns them lose with unlimited power and no oversight on a vulnerable population of what's supposed to be a support site, then acts all surprised when things go awry.  Sometimes I really think the whole thing is some sort of demented psych experiment, that somewhere a thesis is being written about power dynamics in AS societies online, or something to that effect.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 08:06:06 AM »
What makes it worse is that this is far from the first time Quatermass has attacked the membership of WP wholesale, I'd previously called him out in PPR for ad hominems against conservative members, and in previous discussions of moderator conduct he's gone on at length about the ungrateful members who don't appreciate what the mods have to do, etc ad nauseum.  I really don't know how Alex picks his mods, it's like he seeks out the crankiest, most dysfunctional people and then turns them lose with unlimited power and no oversight on a vulnerable population of what's supposed to be a support site, then acts all surprised when things go awry.  Sometimes I really think the whole thing is some sort of demented psych experiment, that somewhere a thesis is being written about power dynamics in AS societies online, or something to that effect.

And I bet they can sum it up in one word... Fucked  :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

That must be it.