Author Topic: Quatermass pwned  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Quatermass pwned
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:04 AM »
Quatermass butthurt  :hahaha:

Quatermass wrote:
I find it wonderful that, the moment we lose our moderation privileges, how swiftly the membership shows their gratitude to our service. Or at least, I hope, a minority.

When we moderate, we do it for the good of the forum as a whole. I take a utilitarian approach to moderation. That means the strongest amount of good to the most amount of people. If other people are disruptive, and continue to do so, well, we will ban them. This, first and foremost, is a support site for people with AS, not a shooting range or a chance to show off that you or your opinion is foremost amongst all others.

And this is how you treat us in return? You disgust me. Pathetic, petty little minds who cannot get over slights either imagined or exaggerated as justification for doing what you want, regardless of how others feel. You are poor examples of the human race as a whole, regardless of whether or not you have Asperger's, autism, or are an NT.

I wrote:
You Quartermass, are a souped up, righteous little prat. You have this by reputation and it comes through in flying colours here.

You think that your services ought to be greeted with streamer and wolf whistles?

Why ARE your mod powers taken away? Chances are because YOU or one of your mod friends can not be trusted. What's more YOU seem to not be in a position to have helped avert such a position. It is not the only time the mods here have been called into question is it. Far from it. There is however little members can do to address things individually when a mod takes a "utilitarian approach to moderation". That very concept is full of belief that YOU personally have the best interests and intellect for making a lot of crappy decisions that occur through poor moderation.

Tell me about the effectiveness of the mods around Oct 2005. Slight issue with a young man called William Freund. Tell me about "strongest amount of good?"

"You disgust me"? "You are poor examples of the human race" Sit the hell down Princess and hope that you can prove yourself worthy in future to be respected by members here. Where you are sitting now is outside the Principals office whilst he investigates you and your other staff members. You MAY avoid punishment but it is hardly a position of self--righteousness and acting in the interests of all you should be adopting.

Members here have every reason to be angry with you and the mods that have let this board down. A bit of humility is what you need.

Quatermass wrote:
Humility? You are one to talk. I was not a moderator at around the time of the William Freund incident. I wasn't even a member. I was made a moderator two years later, around March 2007. Get your facts right before you make completely baseless accusations.

The way you people act, just because you don't get your own way, thinking of yourselves first and others second...I gave you so many chances to improve, and you use them thinking, 'he'll never do it. We're entitled to be on this board because we're Aspies'. Wrong. You are only entitled to be on this board as long as you followed the rules. THIS. IS. A. PRIVATE. BBS. It is designed for support first and foremost. But it doesn't mean that we will support a single person's opinion to the detriment of all others. We try to support as many people as possible. But that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot or a malicious little sod with impunity.

We try not to take things personally, but you lot...that's all you ever do. That's all you ever will. All about you, because you believe that you are the only people in the world that matter. Wake up to yourselves, or vacate the premises. Either way, stop disrupting the BBS.

I wrote:
Quatermass you can stop bossing people around any time you like. You are ineffectual and impotent here.

Now as for baseless accusations, did I say you were part of the particular moderation team around the William Freund incident? No I did refer to your unilateral approach as ineffective in consideration of that particular nasty episode of WP history. It signifies that when mistakes are made there is often drastic consequences even if the mods consider themselves working for the good of the community like you delude yourself you do.

You are taking things VERY personally and I can not see who you are trying to kid here. It sure is not us. I don't believe I am the only person in the world and be very bloody careful of who you designate as "you lot" because it sounds suspiciously like "you members who disagree with me". Not really the sign of a good mod.

Not that I ever thought you were. There are some great mods here. Amoung which is Mr Mark and GBollard and DW_A_Mum. You are not of that standard and with crappy attitudes like you display here, never likely to be.

Here is another thing to consider just between you me and any member who accesses this. Everyone here (By and large) is on the spectrum. We all almost to a person dislike change and this is a BIG one. We are venting in a few select threads in one single subforum. Therapeutic and natural. You though seem to jump on people here and call them what? "You are poor examples of the human race". You are a pretty poor standard of human yourself aren't you? No that was not rhetorical.

I think you need a little time out QM and a self-righteous readjustment. You are clearly unstable, emotional and no good for this place and if you were not completely up yourself you would know this to be true.

Quatermass wrote:
You're the one bullying once you have obtained a position of perceived strength. I am merely defending myself and the other mods. If I am doing a poor job of doing so, then so be it, but nobody attacks me with impunity. Whether I am doing a good job as a moderator is up to Alex to decide. Not me. Not you. All I can do is try and improve myself. But I will not take destructive criticism from the likes of you.

This thread is over.

Then he locked the thread and waved his fist at the computer moniter and cried
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Quatermass pwned
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:23:18 AM »
Is it too late for all of this drama at WP to end in violence?  I sure hope not... :asthing:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:12:33 AM »
Na, he's still a mod.  He won't be pwned untill he gets that taken away.  Or fucked up in some other way.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »
Fuck. I wonder who does the silent bans?

Well at least my account is still standing and I can still access it.

You have to go to Alex on AIM. Know his sn?

Were you silent banned as mechanima?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
I don't suppose anyone knows what Quatermass was "on" when that dialogue took place?

Also, what it costs, where I could buy some and do they take paypal?

Meanwhile, my quest for honest formal, rather than "silent" banning continues:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt119047.html

Is it REALLY too much to ask that if they do not want to "unban" me then at least they will ban me properly?

And of course the thread was locked almost as soon as it was posted.

Of course it's not too much to ask.  It's crazy to have a rule not to talk about banned members when there is no way to figure out who they are, because so many are banned silently like you were.  The only reason I can think of for a rule like this with so many silently banned members is that they are afraid that people will have to discuss it when they see that there are so many.

DukeNukem

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
Welcome to I2!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
:welcome:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
Er...guys...I have been around since August  :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:

But it's the thought that counts...

:duh:  I knew that.  I should have said welcome back.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 12:57:05 AM »
I was silent banned as Mechanima since August...I don't have aim, besides, I have been all over his facebook (as you know) and he hasn't done anything about it...

I reckon it is literally because Alex and all KNOW it's obvious to anyone who looks at my posts that there was absolutely NO reason to ban me at all and then ignore all my queries for 7 months, and if they actually tag me as banned they will look REALLY bad to anyone who ever checks it.

I really don't want to go back there after all I have seen of how rotten to the core the whole set up is...for instance, I never noticed Quatermass before, I have no beef with him, but after seeing the rant above, anyone who would retain him as a mod needs significant medication, and Alex is just a self serving little weasel...I just do not want to BE part of his world or have him as part of mine.

Why do you want your ban uplifted if you don't want to go back?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 02:08:37 AM »
I was silent banned as Mechanima since August...I don't have aim, besides, I have been all over his facebook (as you know) and he hasn't done anything about it...

I reckon it is literally because Alex and all KNOW it's obvious to anyone who looks at my posts that there was absolutely NO reason to ban me at all and then ignore all my queries for 7 months, and if they actually tag me as banned they will look REALLY bad to anyone who ever checks it.

I really don't want to go back there after all I have seen of how rotten to the core the whole set up is...for instance, I never noticed Quatermass before, I have no beef with him, but after seeing the rant above, anyone who would retain him as a mod needs significant medication, and Alex is just a self serving little weasel...I just do not want to BE part of his world or have him as part of mine.

Mechanima said that she wants her ban to be an official one that appears in her profile like Sinsboldly's did, that says Banned with the big red X, rather than the sneaky hidden ban where nobody can see it.  The way it is now, for all she knows, someone who didn't know she was banned might send her PMs that she can't read.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 02:26:04 AM »

Mechanima said that she wants her ban to be an official one that appears in her profile like Sinsboldly's did, that says Banned with the big red X, rather than the sneaky hidden ban where nobody can see it.  The way it is now, for all she knows, someone who didn't know she was banned might send her PMs that she can't read.

Others could be banned for talking about her with no indicator that she is out of bounds for talking (and of course without right of appeal)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »
...and last, but not least, people might not realise that wrongplanet has lost the plot sufficiently as to ban a pretty serious activist and triple grandmother who never made a post that could be recognised as offensive.

To me it's just childishness at this stage, Alex wants to feel he can impose SOMETHING on me (a bit like a little dog weeing to mark his territory) because I told him to grow up and either sort the moderator mess out, or admit he isn't going to. I don't think he is too impressed by the fact that I warned him about SB 18 months ago NOR that I won't beg him to unban me...

All of which are symptoms of a nasty little dose of egomania on his part...

Well said mate

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »
I think I have been banned as well,  I can't log in.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline tetris

• Fresh Meat
  • Catch These Men
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »
who the hell is quartermass?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »
who the hell is quartermass?

A dick on wrong planet just telling ya..  Other board discussions here are boring make up some new stuff and you'll be fine
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw