Educational

Author Topic: ask mcfagger dirty sex questions, or anything else.  (Read 25629 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: ask mcjagger dirty sex questions, or anything else.
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2006, 02:12:55 PM »
Did you hear about Mark Downs, Jr., the tee-ball coach who was convicted of bribing a child to hit an autistic boy with a baseball to force him out of the game because he wanted to win?

http://kdka.com/nationalwire/BBO--DeliberateBeanin_a_a_-----/resources_news_html

Youth coach convicted of 2 counts in autistic player's beaning

Thursday September 14, 2006
By RAMESH SANTANAM
Associated Press Writer
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) A baseball coach accused of offering an 8-year-old money to bean an autistic teammate so he couldn't play was convicted Thursday of two lesser charges against him, and evaded more serious charges.

A jury convicted 29-year-old Mark R. Downs Jr. of corruption of minors and criminal solicitation to commit simple assault, Fayette County authorities said.

Downs was acquitted of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault, and jurors said they were deadlocked on a charge of reckless endangerment. The judge declared a mistrial on the endangerment charge.

Authorities said Downs offered to pay one of his players $25 to hit a 9-year-old autistic teammate with a ball while warming up before a June 2005 playoff game.

The verdict means the jury believed that Downs asked his player to hurt his teammate, but that the jury did not feel that the autistic boy who suffered bruises and an infected ear suffered ``serious bodily injury,'' District Attorney Nancy Vernon said. Aggravated assault and reckless endangerment both require authorities to prove that serious bodily injury occurred or was intended to occur.

``Certainly, the bruising on the ear fortunately did not amount to serious bodily injury,'' Vernon said. ``That's what (the verdict) boiled down to. It vindicates the fact the little boys, the jury believed they were telling the truth.''

Downs took the stand and denied offering to pay Keith Reese Jr. to hurt Harry Bowers, his mildly autistic and mildly retarded teammate.

Earlier in the trial, Reese testified about Downs' offer, saying he purposely threw a ball that hit Bowers in the groin, then threw another ball that hit him in the ear on Downs' instructions. Bowers also testified about being hit by the balls Reese threw during pregame warmups.

Reese's father, Keith Sr., testified that Downs acknowledged after the game that he did something ``ignorant'' and confessed to the deed. When Downs called the elder Reese a liar during his testimony Wednesday, Reese shouted back ``You're a liar,'' prompting the judge to restore order.

Jury forewoman Michele Lynn, a 28-year-old medical office manager, said the jury believed that Downs told his player to harm his teammate, but they didn't believe his injuries were serious enough to warrant the aggravated assault and reckless endangerment charges.

``I myself didn't believe he caused any serious bodily harm,'' Lynn said.

The jury didn't believe Downs, in part, because doing so would have required them to believe that all the prosecution witnesses, including the two boys, were lying.

``His whole demeanor was flat, he was inexpressive,'' Lynn said of Downs. ``That led me to believe he was not telling the truth. He would corrupt any young children's morals.''

Downs, the boys, and their families left the courtroom without commenting, but Downs' attorney, Thomas Shaffer, promised to appeal.

Shaffer said he believes Judge Ralph Warman erred by not letting him call a witness who would have testified that Reese's stepmother called the whole incident ``a misunderstanding.''

``In reality, the truth did not come out,'' Shaffer said.

The maximum sentence for the Downs' crimes is five years in prison, but under Pennsylvania sentencing guidelines he likely faces only probation when he's sentenced Oct. 12 because he is not known to have a criminal record. Vernon said she will not argue for a particular sentence, leaving the matter entirely to the judge's discretion.

``This is a serious breach of sportsmanlike conduct,'' Vernon said.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
Did you hear about Mark Downs, Jr., the tee-ball coach who was convicted of bribing a child to hit an autistic boy with a baseball to force him out of the game because he wanted to win?

http://kdka.com/nationalwire/BBO--DeliberateBeanin_a_a_-----/resources_news_html

Youth coach convicted of 2 counts in autistic player's beaning

Thursday September 14, 2006
By RAMESH SANTANAM
Associated Press Writer
UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) A baseball coach accused of offering an 8-year-old money to bean an autistic teammate so he couldn't play was convicted Thursday of two lesser charges against him, and evaded more serious charges.

A jury convicted 29-year-old Mark R. Downs Jr. of corruption of minors and criminal solicitation to commit simple assault, Fayette County authorities said.

Downs was acquitted of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault, and jurors said they were deadlocked on a charge of reckless endangerment. The judge declared a mistrial on the endangerment charge.

Authorities said Downs offered to pay one of his players $25 to hit a 9-year-old autistic teammate with a ball while warming up before a June 2005 playoff game.

The verdict means the jury believed that Downs asked his player to hurt his teammate, but that the jury did not feel that the autistic boy who suffered bruises and an infected ear suffered ``serious bodily injury,'' District Attorney Nancy Vernon said. Aggravated assault and reckless endangerment both require authorities to prove that serious bodily injury occurred or was intended to occur.

``Certainly, the bruising on the ear fortunately did not amount to serious bodily injury,'' Vernon said. ``That's what (the verdict) boiled down to. It vindicates the fact the little boys, the jury believed they were telling the truth.''

Downs took the stand and denied offering to pay Keith Reese Jr. to hurt Harry Bowers, his mildly autistic and mildly retarded teammate.

Earlier in the trial, Reese testified about Downs' offer, saying he purposely threw a ball that hit Bowers in the groin, then threw another ball that hit him in the ear on Downs' instructions. Bowers also testified about being hit by the balls Reese threw during pregame warmups.

Reese's father, Keith Sr., testified that Downs acknowledged after the game that he did something ``ignorant'' and confessed to the deed. When Downs called the elder Reese a liar during his testimony Wednesday, Reese shouted back ``You're a liar,'' prompting the judge to restore order.

Jury forewoman Michele Lynn, a 28-year-old medical office manager, said the jury believed that Downs told his player to harm his teammate, but they didn't believe his injuries were serious enough to warrant the aggravated assault and reckless endangerment charges.

``I myself didn't believe he caused any serious bodily harm,'' Lynn said.

The jury didn't believe Downs, in part, because doing so would have required them to believe that all the prosecution witnesses, including the two boys, were lying.

``His whole demeanor was flat, he was inexpressive,'' Lynn said of Downs. ``That led me to believe he was not telling the truth. He would corrupt any young children's morals.''

Downs, the boys, and their families left the courtroom without commenting, but Downs' attorney, Thomas Shaffer, promised to appeal.

Shaffer said he believes Judge Ralph Warman erred by not letting him call a witness who would have testified that Reese's stepmother called the whole incident ``a misunderstanding.''

``In reality, the truth did not come out,'' Shaffer said.

The maximum sentence for the Downs' crimes is five years in prison, but under Pennsylvania sentencing guidelines he likely faces only probation when he's sentenced Oct. 12 because he is not known to have a criminal record. Vernon said she will not argue for a particular sentence, leaving the matter entirely to the judge's discretion.

``This is a serious breach of sportsmanlike conduct,'' Vernon said.

no i didn't.

i understand the desire to win, but not to win at any price.

that is just wrong.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »
I heard about it when it first made news several months ago. That was just plain fucked up.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2006, 04:35:10 PM »
in my own life i have only known one person who would incorporate a win at all costs mentality.  and he has influence on at least one aspie fora.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »
It took this long for it to come to trial, because Mark Downs refused a plea bargain that involved throwing himself on the mercy of the court.

I can think of a just punishment now that he has been convicted rather than only probation, which will likely be his punishment:  Why don't we get professional pitchers to throw fastballs at his balls?  

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »
how about 100 aspies with a biting stim to be alone in a small room with him for 40 days.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »
in my own life i have only known one person who would incorporate a win at all costs mentality.  and he has influence on at least one aspie fora.

:laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »
what are you looking at?

do you think i am funny, do i amuse you?
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
You...

and yes.  ;D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »
i am feeling quite devilish tonight!
where is aeval, i wish to amuse her with drama.

or

nastiness.

we are the home of the axis of aspie evil!
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2006, 01:10:41 AM »

What, exactly, is the "axis of aspie evil", and are applications necessary? :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2006, 01:34:44 AM »
On a scale from 0 to 10, how evil are you? And is your evil pure (holy) or unpure (not holy)? Do you ever feel the desire to laugh maniacally? Do you ever think of taking over the world? Do you fantasize about having a secret lair?

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »
Give me one good reason why I am not the best man in the universe.

And you can't reply with "you are not me", or anything remotely similar.
Created by humans...powered by METAL!!!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2006, 05:46:26 AM »

What, exactly, is the "axis of aspie evil", and are applications necessary? :D

gw bush once outlined the axis of evil in one of his state of the union speeches.  i just thought that we were no better than north korea.

applications are not necessary.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2006, 05:48:42 AM »
On a scale from 0 to 10, how evil are you? And is your evil pure (holy) or unpure (not holy)? Do you ever feel the desire to laugh maniacally? Do you ever think of taking over the world? Do you fantasize about having a secret lair?

truthfully:  i would say about a 3.  generally i have some saintly alterior motive behind all my actions.  the exception is when my cock does the deciding for me.
i am bringing this under control, he used to make 8 out of ten decisions for me.
Misunderstood.