Educational

Author Topic: what are you drinking right now?  (Read 127955 times)

TheoK

Re: what are you drinking right now?
« Reply #6615 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:37 AM »
:coffee:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6616 on: August 05, 2008, 05:04:59 AM »
coffeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6617 on: August 05, 2008, 05:06:07 AM »

wtf is that sickly girly poetry shit in your sig?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6618 on: August 05, 2008, 05:08:47 AM »
Rolling Rock. It's been a day and I need something to cut the edge of the Red Bull so I can sleep. Plus--beer!  :glug: :beergrin: And METAL!!!  :headbang2:
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #6619 on: August 05, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »

It's definitely not written by a girl. The man who wrote it was in fact considered very macho. But if you can't appreciate great poetry you can't appreciate great poetry.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6620 on: August 05, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »
I read Latin imperfectly. Is he basically saying, "Don't let the NT bastards grind you down?"
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #6621 on: August 05, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »
I read Latin imperfectly. Is he basically saying, "Don't let the NT bastards grind you down?"

No, better: "Besides, I think that the neurotypical should be destroyed". It's a paraphrase on Cato the Elder's "Praeterea censeo Cartaginem esse delendam"; "Besides, I think that Cartago should be destroyed", which was the phrase that he always ended his speech in the Roman Senate with. 8)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6622 on: August 05, 2008, 06:06:49 AM »

No, better: "Besides, I think that the neurotypical should be destroyed". It's a paraphrase on Cato the Elder's "Praeterea censeo Cartaginem esse delendam"; "Besides, I think that Cartago should be destroyed", which was the phrase that he always ended his speech in the Roman Senate with. 8)

OK I recognize it now. And when Carthage was conquered, he said "Kartago (or Carthago) delenda est."

I dig Cato. Especially because he was learning to speak, read and write Greek when he was 80 years old. When a friend asked him why he was taking on such arduous mental work at his age, he is supposed to have replied, "This is the youngest age I have left."

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6623 on: August 05, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »

OMG, so... inventive. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #6624 on: August 05, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »
ginseng tea
batcat

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6625 on: August 05, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

It's definitely not written by a girl. The man who wrote it was in fact considered very macho. But if you can't appreciate great poetry you can't appreciate great poetry.

ooooooh, so sorry, petal - didn't mean to hit a nerve.  :-*

::)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #6626 on: August 05, 2008, 12:35:11 PM »
Coffee with milk.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6627 on: August 05, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »

oh lawks - is it another bloody aspie fundie?

sigh...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6628 on: August 05, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6629 on: August 05, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »

oh lawks - is it another bloody aspie fundie?

sigh...

I can't decide if he means it or not. But it would be easier to shoot the spazzes instead.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein