Author Topic: what are you drinking right now?  (Read 126809 times)

ozymandias

Re: what are you drinking right now?
« Reply #1560 on: January 12, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
Will get some Benadryl to try tomorrow, if I remember (which is doubtful  :laugh: )

Just tried Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow - not bad, quite hoppy and bitter, pretty refreshing but I've supped better in that style. Moved on to Hobgoblin now, I'd have got three but they only had two left at the store hence trying the other Wychwood brew in stock. Hobgoblin pwns though, so yay :beer: :beergrin:

Not to sound like your hypochondriac Granny, but, alcohol can affect sleep patterns.  I found that if I drink, say too close to bedtime, 1-2 hours, I have problems falling asleep and wake up more often.  If I just cut myself off at  least 4 hours before bed, I do better!  Just something to throw out for consideration.  Since I'm a skinny guy, with a low tolerance for alcohol it affects me in ways that it might not affect others.

Ok, thats enough of the medical advice!  I'm getting dangerously close to pedantry! :evillaugh:

duncvis

« Reply #1561 on: January 12, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
Will get some Benadryl to try tomorrow, if I remember (which is doubtful  :laugh: )

Just tried Wychwood Fiddler's Elbow - not bad, quite hoppy and bitter, pretty refreshing but I've supped better in that style. Moved on to Hobgoblin now, I'd have got three but they only had two left at the store hence trying the other Wychwood brew in stock. Hobgoblin pwns though, so yay :beer: :beergrin:

Not to sound like your hypochondriac Granny, but, alcohol can affect sleep patterns.  I found that if I drink, say too close to bedtime, 1-2 hours, I have problems falling asleep and wake up more often.  If I just cut myself off at  least 4 hours before bed, I do better!  Just something to throw out for consideration.  Since I'm a skinny guy, with a low tolerance for alcohol it affects me in ways that it might not affect others.

Ok, thats enough of the medical advice!  I'm getting dangerously close to pedantry! :evillaugh:

Noted. I have a high tolerance for alcohol/drugs/pretty much anything really, at 275 pounds my liver is probably pretty hefty. A few beers usually make me sleep more heavily if anything, but if I'm up on a session I don't get sleepy and can have disturbed sleep.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1562 on: January 12, 2007, 06:02:25 PM »
my liver hurt today, made me even more convinced i have to stop drinking.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1563 on: January 12, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »
Orange juice.  I was at C.V.S. and I wanted the  one pound bag of pretzels, but I selected the orange juice because I am in controll of my feelings. Truely, I perfer a whole orange rather than just juice, but a high dose of alpha lipoic acid caused a nasty drop in blood sugar level.  They had no whole oranges and I was low on cash. I noticed I was starting to sweat a little, and in addition to feeling week and craving carbohydrates, its a sign my blood sugar level go too low.  I should reduce the dose of that stuff.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:26:54 PM by AllDayGlowRandy »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

ozymandias

« Reply #1564 on: January 12, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

Noted. I have a high tolerance for alcohol/drugs/pretty much anything really, at 275 pounds my liver is probably pretty hefty. A few beers usually make me sleep more heavily if anything, but if I'm up on a session I don't get sleepy and can have disturbed sleep.

Yeah, thats the other thing, before bedtime I have to get off the computer and go listen to music or read something lite.  To get my mind into sleep mode.  If I watch tv and look at news, my mind starts  to churn and ponder, when I should be getting my mind to "shut down".  If my mind starts to turn over thoughts, forget it, I can lay down, but I ain't sleepin'.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1565 on: January 12, 2007, 06:29:39 PM »
Milk, it does the body good.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1566 on: January 12, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »

It does not do my body good, and the milk casein is rejected showing up as increased mucus in the sinus passages.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Graelwyn

« Reply #1567 on: January 12, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »
Lemon and grapefruit tea.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1568 on: January 12, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »

It does not do my body good, and the milk casein is rejected showing up as increased mucus in the sinus passages.
That is to bad then.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1569 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »
Beer one, practice tomorrow. :beer:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1570 on: January 12, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »
Beer two.  :beer: :beer:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1571 on: January 12, 2007, 10:01:17 PM »
Working on Beer three. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Guardian of the Empire

Graelwyn

« Reply #1572 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »
nothing. Finished diet hot choc and cannot be bothered to wash up my mug to make something else lol

Litigious

« Reply #1573 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
Milk.  :glug:

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1574 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:27 PM »
Beer four. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: