Author Topic: Lily saves Soph? No...wait it was a real dog. Lily would have been eaten.  (Read 198 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/6645139/dog-saves-boy-from-cougar

A Canadian boy has been rescued from a charging cougar by his golden retriever, and says his pet dog saved his life.

11-year-old Austin Forman, who lives near Vancouver, was gathering firewood in his backyard when his dog, Angel, started acting strangely.

Angel started following him, to and from the woodshed, Austin said, almost as though she was checking to make sure he was OK.

Suddenly, Angel ran toward Austin and jumped over a lawn mower right into the path of a charging cougar.

The boy ran inside, and his mother called 911 while the dog fought the cougar.

"I knew at that moment that I would have to go get help, otherwise [Angel] wouldn't have any hope," Austin said.

When the police arrived, the cougar was shot, as it chewed on Angel's neck.

Austin said, "I was shocked and scared at the same time. I wasn't expecting a cougar at all to be in our yard," he said.

"I feel very, very lucky. If it wasn't for my dog, I don't think I would be here.

"She was my best friend, but now she's more than a best friend she's like my guardian now."

Angel suffered some puncture wounds on her head, neck and one of her hind legs. Austin was not hurt.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Holy hell! Even a dog the size of Parts's Yoyo would have to be game, to tackle a hungry cougar. :o

Oh, how I luuuurrve Seven News! These, according to the linked page, are the Top Ten stories of the moment:

Child beaten, strangled by teen neighbour
Man stabs van driver's face
'Fatties' kicked off dating site
Socialite heiress found dead
Dog saves owner from cougar
Family of 3 killed in crash
The world's tallest building
Airbrushed celebrities
Best pictures of 2009
Tragic Celebrity Deaths of 2009

:LMAO:

Scrapheap

Why did the dog have to defend the boy from the cougar?? All he had to do was throw some Macey's gift cards at her and the attack would've stopped.  :eyelash: :police:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
 :lol:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Holy hell! Even a dog the size of Parts's Yoyo would have to be game, to tackle a hungry cougar. :o

Oh, how I luuuurrve Seven News! These, according to the linked page, are the Top Ten stories of the moment:

Child beaten, strangled by teen neighbour
Man stabs van driver's face
'Fatties' kicked off dating site
Socialite heiress found dead
Dog saves owner from cougar
Family of 3 killed in crash
The world's tallest building
Airbrushed celebrities
Best pictures of 2009
Tragic Celebrity Deaths of 2009

:LMAO:
I get those as well. Nice to see where their news priorities lie. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae