Educational

Author Topic: Another member of the Banned from WP club  (Read 10152 times)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Another member of the Banned from WP club
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 04:31:31 PM »
Basically, my feelings about WP are that the assholes don't get to win, and slinking off into the night is really not my style.  Yes, in the long run it may be a waste of my time, but abusers of authority NEED to feel consequences in one form or another.  I have a sort of progressive plan for WP, starting with some telephone calls in the next few days, ramping up to some web authoring and circulating a petition to various sites that link to WP as a "support" sight for people with AS, I know I could get plenty of signers and if some of the higher profile sites started dumping him, Alex will be forced to pay attention.  I'm still working on it, but I've got some time at the moment, and if I can cause those tinpot tyrants a little intestinal discomfort then it will have been worth it to me. 

I feel the allure of the more "direct" route, and I've notice that there are not one but two threads here calling for the demise of two of WP's more offensive mods, so I can tell that I'm far from alone in that feeling, and frankly I wouldn't shed any tears if someone where to start knocking off WP mods, but I don't view that as anything more than a pleasant daydream.
Now if someone was to hack WP and delete their accounts and/or give them a taste of what being on the receiving end of misused authority is like, I'd definitely be down. :thumbup:

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »

Either you're PPK playing a prank, or you're my new best friend here.

What is your opinion of the wildcat .416/.308??

Why?  Aren't there enough .30 supermags out there already?  If I want to step up from a .308/30-06 I'll jump directly to a .338 Lapua or a .375RUM, more knockdown and less barrel erosion from the flame cutting.

I think you misread that. I'm talking about a .308 Win necked up to shoot .416 bullets. I've been thinking about getting a Savage 99 in .308 and having it re-barreled. Should make a good brush gun that can take down bown bear.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »
I think you misread that. I'm talking about a .308 Win necked up to shoot .416 bullets. I've been thinking about getting a Savage 99 in .308 and having it re-barreled. Should make a good brush gun that can take down bown bear.

Oooh, that would make far more sense...  I seem to recall having seen something similar done with some of the late model Winchester lever guns being chambered in a blown out round called the .358 Alaskan.  I've seen a shorty lever gun chambered in 45-70, might be a less expensive option than buying custom dies and having a re-barreling job done, Savage 99's have the hardest receiver in the gun world, so you're usually going to see a surcharge for working on them.  With the 45-70 in an 16 inch carbine, you don't need to mess around with the Savages spool mag since we're talking a round nose bullet that will work fine out of a tube mag in the first place, I'm trying to think who makes what I'm thinking about, I keep seeing them in stainless in the used rack at my local pawn.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
WP wouldn't be worth it to fight, rather than fighting back, Alex would just start a thread saying how you said something mean that hurt his feelings and how depressed he is because of it.

AFF on the other hand is fun to fight with, Gareth is a lot like Alex except that he at least tries to make a decent argument, he fails miserably, which is fun to call him out on, but at least he tries to fight back somewhat (although he would also make a thread about it like Alex would).
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
There's a lot of testosterone running around in this thread.

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »

You don't need testosterone to have a passion for pissing off people who are easy to piss off
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »

You don't need testosterone to have a passion for pissing off people who are easy to piss off

No, I do that quite well myself and I can safely say I'm not chock full of testosterone. I was thinking of the guns and revenge plots. :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »

This site is a bit of a sausage party.  :green: It's nice that it isn't a total one though.  8)

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »

This site is a bit of a sausage party.  :green: It's nice that it isn't a total one though.  8)

The only sausage party I want to go to is in Vienna.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 07:35:30 PM »

We've gotta keep a few of these around :bounce: to keep it entertaining.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 01:20:52 AM »

We've gotta keep a few of these around :bounce: to keep it entertaining.

QFT

So stop talking about WP already and post boobs instead. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 01:23:55 AM »
Hi Dox.

:welcome:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
Basically, my feelings about WP are that the assholes don't get to win, and slinking off into the night is really not my style.  Yes, in the long run it may be a waste of my time, but abusers of authority NEED to feel consequences in one form or another.  I have a sort of progressive plan for WP, starting with some telephone calls in the next few days, ramping up to some web authoring and circulating a petition to various sites that link to WP as a "support" sight for people with AS, I know I could get plenty of signers and if some of the higher profile sites started dumping him, Alex will be forced to pay attention.  I'm still working on it, but I've got some time at the moment, and if I can cause those tinpot tyrants a little intestinal discomfort then it will have been worth it to me. 

I feel the allure of the more "direct" route, and I've notice that there are not one but two threads here calling for the demise of two of WP's more offensive mods, so I can tell that I'm far from alone in that feeling, and frankly I wouldn't shed any tears if someone where to start knocking off WP mods, but I don't view that as anything more than a pleasant daydream.
Now if someone was to hack WP and delete their accounts and/or give them a taste of what being on the receiving end of misused authority is like, I'd definitely be down. :thumbup:
I like your plans.
I think it is a shame that WP is the first place that many aspies go to find a place to fit in with others.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »
Damn right about that.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 01:55:32 AM »
Q: Are we not men?
A: We are EMO!!!!!!
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.