Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138755 times)

ozymandias

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #1680 on: January 07, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
Not to mention the money you will save!! :green:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1681 on: January 08, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »

I'm dreading what feels like a bad one, coming. Going to put my inside out dimply gloves on and hit my bag, for a while and hope it goes away, soon. I'm not insane. It makes me insane.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1682 on: January 08, 2007, 02:12:31 AM »
As of right now, I am an ex-smoker. I just had my last cig and tore up the remaining one I had and dumped it in the bucket outside, threw out all the ashtrays, cigarette filters etc. I am now a free man... the trick is going to be working out what to do with the extra freedom, I think. :woohoo:

Compile a working Amarok, perhaps? ;)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Dunc. I know you can do it (quit smoking, that is; compiling Amarok is probably harder).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1683 on: January 08, 2007, 04:43:47 AM »
it's not working i'm losing my touch.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Graelwyn

« Reply #1684 on: January 08, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
Drinking coffee and as per usual, eyeing my exercise bike and wishing I never got the damn thing lol

duncvis

« Reply #1685 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:57 AM »
As of right now, I am an ex-smoker. I just had my last cig and tore up the remaining one I had and dumped it in the bucket outside, threw out all the ashtrays, cigarette filters etc. I am now a free man... the trick is going to be working out what to do with the extra freedom, I think. :woohoo:

Compile a working Amarok, perhaps? ;)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Dunc. I know you can do it (quit smoking, that is; compiling Amarok is probably harder).

Nearly thirteen hours since I quit smoking (okay I was asleep for four of them, but it still counts). Fidgety but confident I won't crack.

As for Amarok, that ain't an issue any more - I sacked Vector and settled on battering Dreamlinux into my preferred shape, which now has a fully working Amarok 1.4.4 from the Debian repositories. :D

ozymandias

« Reply #1686 on: January 08, 2007, 10:09:28 AM »
Recovering from a massive amount of undecorating at my wife's church!  Crappy day, so I had to leave a bit for Tuesday!

Oh yes and having a snack and a mug of tea!

You can do it Dunc!!!!!! :green:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1687 on: January 08, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »
Picking out the purple and red skittles from a big pack to try help with the cravings.

Litigious

« Reply #1688 on: January 08, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
Eating an apple and post whoring.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1689 on: January 08, 2007, 11:32:35 AM »
Screening "An Inconvenient Truth". Again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1690 on: January 08, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Picking out the purple and red skittles from a big pack to try help with the cravings.

Wishing Dunc an PI the best of luck with this torture, they've undertaken. :hug: :hug:

ozymandias

« Reply #1691 on: January 08, 2007, 11:59:32 AM »
Ditto what DirtDawg said!!  We're behind you PI and Dunc,  and remember this incentive, the money  your NOT spending.  I know it's usually people throwing health incentives at you, which I'm sure you know by heart.  So THINK of the MONEY not going up in SMOKE!!!!!!
 :angel:

Peace

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1692 on: January 08, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »
Ditto what DirtDawg said!!  We're behind you PI and Dunc,  and remember this incentive, the money  your NOT spending.  I know it's usually people throwing health incentives at you, which I'm sure you know by heart.  So THINK of the MONEY not going up in SMOKE!!!!!!
 :angel:

Peace

QFT

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #1693 on: January 09, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »
Trying to achieve consciousness ....or nirvana, enlightenment, whatever the hell comes first!

Are you making fun of me?  How about consciousness with my fist in your face?
Yeah, you will pay attention ounce you eat my fist, but you will not be conscious too long. Was that funny?, because it was for me. >:D  You have something in common with my ozy, get over yourself.  Without meditation, I would be a piece of shit.

Graelwyn

« Reply #1694 on: January 09, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »
Trying to decide what camera to get, what a nightmare. I must have read dozens of reviews for the ones I am considering, and still cannot decide. Also rubbing my belly which is bloated from a bowl of vegetable soup.