Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138758 times)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #1215 on: December 01, 2006, 12:47:14 PM »
That particular forum can't be accessed now.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1216 on: December 01, 2006, 12:51:17 PM »
That particular forum can't be accessed now.

that is utter bullshit.

tell all your friends from AFF to get their arses over here and we will not censor them.

get their arses here now!
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1217 on: December 01, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »
Tell Amy and Gareth to come here. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #1218 on: December 01, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »
that is utter bullshit.

tell all your friends from AFF to get their arses over here and we will not censor them.

I can't say I'd truly count any as friends, as is the case with most people from most other forums, including this one - so far. I know different members to varying degrees, but that's basically it. I don't think spontaneously PMing loads of members I don't know all that well asking them to come here and post about the drama would be too good an idea. And I'd hardly want to dig myself into that mess.

But I'll summarise:

It took place mostly in the chat, which I don't visit; logs of the incident were posted on the forum, though. A member with Kanner's got into what gradually built up into an argument with Amy over using the term Kannie, which the member had coined, and they began accusing each other of accusing each other of knowling less about and saying various things about the spectrum. The member with Kanner's concidered herself more distinctly autistic and said that she had a harder time in society, which resulted in further disagreements and arguing, and due to perceived insults, it continued to escalate, and namecalling began between both sides.

The member was kicked from the conversation, and after a few more conversations where it all continued, eventually resulting in another kick and temporary ban, the member - initially having been closer to the receiving end - took it all a step further by posting a message to Amy deeply insulting her as a parent and saying a couple of rather nasty things, resulting in The Ban. (though some more things allegedly preceded it. that's as far as I have detailed information, though)

Which is where the forum drama began; Gareth posted an announcement about the ban on the forum, and discussion about it all went on for a while peacefully, and some more log not included in Gareth's original message was posted by another member. Eventually though, it began to derail somewhat, and Gareth locked the topic.

Then, some time later, a new topic was made by the same member who posted the additonal log in the first one, this time with even more. A few comments were posted, a little bit of discussion occured, then It happened.

As I refreshed the forum index, I saw a thread by Amy named: "Are you happy now Natalia? Unbelieveable hypocrite!". As I tried to view it though, a message came up saying that only moderators could view the forum. And so it was, from then on. A few moments later, the disclaimer I quoted on the previous page was added to the AFF index and the rest of the forums made read only.

Heh. I hardly think they'd appreciate it. Feel free to do it yourself, though.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1219 on: December 01, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
Seems it has escalated far beyond what I would have imagined:
Quote from: AFF forum index
FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY FOR THE INDEFINITE FUTURE
Due to the horrendous attitudes of many towards personal attacks against myself and Amy the forums are now locked readonly for the indefinite future. If we do re-open then we will not tolerate further personal attacks. Over the past 2 years we have been spending our own time and money and hours daily on building this community. The cause must continue, but it isn't going to continue with all of this bickering. All registered users will be notified via mass mail when and if we reopen.

:o

That is surprising!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1220 on: December 01, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
Just got up so I am still waking up.
Guardian of the Empire

ozymandias

« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »
That is a shock in a way about AFF!  It's been one of the busiest forums outside of WP!  Not to mention one of the older ones!  As for recruiting AFF members, I'd hold off on that, many of the members are under 18 and I'm not so sure that a lot of them would like it here.
If it's closed down for any length of time, then a lot of the core members may gravitate to AspergianPride or even go back to AspergianIsland.  Time will tell!

LiliMarlene would be interesting if she gravitated here! ::)

I'm going to have to go there and try to read as much as I can to see if I can figure out what happens next!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:12 PM »
Amy and Gareth have always seemed a bit volatile to me, but I did not expect them to shut down the whole site.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1223 on: December 01, 2006, 05:08:08 PM »
It's a surprise all right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1224 on: December 01, 2006, 05:11:13 PM »
Playing around with new user name. :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1225 on: December 01, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »
Being hungry.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1226 on: December 01, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

Who are you and what did you do to Kevv?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1227 on: December 01, 2006, 05:47:45 PM »

Who are you and what did you do to Kevv?
I am Karl, Kev's evil brother. :evillaugh:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1228 on: December 01, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »
that is utter bullshit.

I can't say I'd truly count any as friends, as is the case with most people from most other forums, including this one - so far. I know different members to varying degrees, but that's basically it. I don't think spontaneously PMing loads of members I don't know all that well asking them to come here and post about the drama would be too good an idea. And I'd hardly want to dig myself into that mess.

But I'll summarise:

It took place mostly in the chat, which I don't visit; logs of the incident were posted on the forum, though. A member with Kanner's got into what gradually built up into an argument with Amy over using the term Kannie, which the member had coined, and they began accusing each other of accusing each other of knowling less about and saying various things about the spectrum. The member with Kanner's concidered herself more distinctly autistic and said that she had a harder time in society, which resulted in further disagreements and arguing, and due to perceived insults, it continued to escalate, and namecalling began between both sides.

The member was kicked from the conversation, and after a few more conversations where it all continued, eventually resulting in another kick and temporary ban, the member - initially having been closer to the receiving end - took it all a step further by posting a message to Amy deeply insulting her as a parent and saying a couple of rather nasty things, resulting in The Ban. (though some more things allegedly preceded it. that's as far as I have detailed information, though)

Which is where the forum drama began; Gareth posted an announcement about the ban on the forum, and discussion about it all went on for a while peacefully, and some more log not included in Gareth's original message was posted by another member. Eventually though, it began to derail somewhat, and Gareth locked the topic.

Then, some time later, a new topic was made by the same member who posted the additonal log in the first one, this time with even more. A few comments were posted, a little bit of discussion occured, then It happened.

As I refreshed the forum index, I saw a thread by Amy named: "Are you happy now Natalia? Unbelieveable hypocrite!". As I tried to view it though, a message came up saying that only moderators could view the forum. And so it was, from then on. A few moments later, the disclaimer I quoted on the previous page was added to the AFF index and the rest of the forums made read only.

Heh. I hardly think they'd appreciate it. Feel free to do it yourself, though.

Have Amy and Gareth lost their minds?  There are several fora that have been changed to be viewable only by moderators now.  

There were fifty-something pages of topics in the General Discussion forum alone.  

General:  Members' only general discussion

News and media:  Latest news on autism and how we are portrayed in the media

And the good news.......:  Good news about autism, how you've benefited from your autistic traits, stories about people who have actually helped autistics (medical professionals, school teachers, employers, friends, neighbours, relatives etc) - post it all here

Support:  Members only support forum, for personal, family, and relationship issues

:shitfan:

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1229 on: December 01, 2006, 05:59:56 PM »
What is AFF(link?)?  I searched for AFF in googled and got the adult friend finder.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.