Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138740 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #10035 on: August 06, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »

OMFG!!!

winding down, I am.  My son is not and he has a long way to go, yet.  I am planning to feed him buttloads of sugar and make him crash.

We went to a downtown jazz fest at the county seat where we live. It was "Jazz on the Square"   (the square is where they erected a courthouse in the eighteen sixties) this evening..    My son fell in love with the star female, string player, of the band. I decided to promote this and I bought him two CDs. I always carry a pen (and a knife and a way to make fire and a way to write stuff and a way to feed ourselves for twenty four hours and a way ... get it?  I was, as always, prepared for the journey) and I had the leader of the jazz band sign both CDs to him. (He is not even at a stage where he can conceive of how difficult it was to bust through all the twunts and make it up to her face. That will come later.)

This is his first personally autographed CD from a "star" whose show he has attended.  I know how to get past crowds and how to make a stance before a "star".  He did not know that I was being a fucking ninja, but he will learn. I had to be somewhat forceful to even get some facetime with the star, but I just powered into the crowd and got up to her with my son and she "had a cow"  to find out about his knowledge of jazz after we talked a bit. I was a bastard to many who went there, in order to get him up close to her, but I know how to do this from many years of experience.

We did good!  He has two new CDs, both signed to him and she "asked for him to contact her via email"  lOl!!

:plus:  for doing whatever it takes to nurture your son's love of music!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10036 on: August 06, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »

I edited to add more detail, but this is what I do for my kids any time I have the chance.

I am their first teacher.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10037 on: August 06, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
I thought the sugars would end this stimming event with my son, but now he wants to eat meat!!

:yikes:

This night is not done, yet.

:thawing burgers and melting cheese:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10038 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »

OMFG!!!

winding down, I am.  My son is not and he has a long way to go, yet.  I am planning to feed him buttloads of sugar and make him crash.

We went to a downtown jazz fest at the county seat where we live. It was "Jazz on the Square"   (the square is where they erected a courthouse in the eighteen sixties) this evening..    My son fell in love with the star female, string player, of the band. I decided to promote this and I bought him two CDs. I always carry a pen (and a knife and a way to make fire and a way to write stuff and a way to feed ourselves for twenty four hours and a way ... get it?  I was, as always, prepared for the journey) and I had the leader of the jazz band sign both CDs to him. (He is not even at a stage where he can conceive of how difficult it was to bust through all the twunts and make it up to her face. That will come later.)

This is his first personally autographed CD from a "star" whose show he has attended.  I know how to get past crowds and how to make a stance before a "star".  He did not know that I was being a fucking ninja, but he will learn. I had to be somewhat forceful to even get some facetime with the star, but I just powered into the crowd and got up to her with my son and she "had a cow"  to find out about his knowledge of jazz after we talked a bit. I was a bastard to many who went there, in order to get him up close to her, but I know how to do this from many years of experience.

We did good!  He has two new CDs, both signed to him and she "asked for him to contact her via email"  lOl!!

I think it was more than nurturing his love of music  ;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10039 on: August 06, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »

OMFG!!!

winding down, I am.  My son is not and he has a long way to go, yet.  I am planning to feed him buttloads of sugar and make him crash.

We went to a downtown jazz fest at the county seat where we live. It was "Jazz on the Square"   (the square is where they erected a courthouse in the eighteen sixties) this evening..    My son fell in love with the star female, string player, of the band. I decided to promote this and I bought him two CDs. I always carry a pen (and a knife and a way to make fire and a way to write stuff and a way to feed ourselves for twenty four hours and a way ... get it?  I was, as always, prepared for the journey) and I had the leader of the jazz band sign both CDs to him. (He is not even at a stage where he can conceive of how difficult it was to bust through all the twunts and make it up to her face. That will come later.)

This is his first personally autographed CD from a "star" whose show he has attended.  I know how to get past crowds and how to make a stance before a "star".  He did not know that I was being a fucking ninja, but he will learn. I had to be somewhat forceful to even get some facetime with the star, but I just powered into the crowd and got up to her with my son and she "had a cow"  to find out about his knowledge of jazz after we talked a bit. I was a bastard to many who went there, in order to get him up close to her, but I know how to do this from many years of experience.

We did good!  He has two new CDs, both signed to him and she "asked for him to contact her via email"  lOl!!

You mean, not only HIS love of music, MY OWN as well, right?

While this is true, I live through his eyes, these days.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10040 on: August 06, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »

Without his "awakening to the wonders of the world" eyes, I would have stayed home.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10041 on: August 06, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »
I thought the sugars would end this stimming event with my son, but now he wants to eat meat!!

What a perfect ending to a great evening...homemade cheeseburgers...  :drool:

People forget.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10042 on: August 06, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »

OMFG!!!

winding down, I am.  My son is not and he has a long way to go, yet.  I am planning to feed him buttloads of sugar and make him crash.

We went to a downtown jazz fest at the county seat where we live. It was "Jazz on the Square"   (the square is where they erected a courthouse in the eighteen sixties) this evening..    My son fell in love with the star female, string player, of the band. I decided to promote this and I bought him two CDs. I always carry a pen (and a knife and a way to make fire and a way to write stuff and a way to feed ourselves for twenty four hours and a way ... get it?  I was, as always, prepared for the journey) and I had the leader of the jazz band sign both CDs to him. (He is not even at a stage where he can conceive of how difficult it was to bust through all the twunts and make it up to her face. That will come later.)

This is his first personally autographed CD from a "star" whose show he has attended.  I know how to get past crowds and how to make a stance before a "star".  He did not know that I was being a fucking ninja, but he will learn. I had to be somewhat forceful to even get some facetime with the star, but I just powered into the crowd and got up to her with my son and she "had a cow"  to find out about his knowledge of jazz after we talked a bit. I was a bastard to many who went there, in order to get him up close to her, but I know how to do this from many years of experience.

We did good!  He has two new CDs, both signed to him and she "asked for him to contact her via email"  lOl!!

Cute....no, I meant that you could see, music aside, that the singer was an angel in his eyes.....and did what you could to be his wingman and get him to the girl.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10043 on: August 06, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »

OMFG!!!

Cute....no, I meant that you could see, music aside, that the singer was an angel in his eyes.....and did what you could to be his wingman and get him to the girl.

Dad as ninja/wingman/teacher/mentor/bodyguard. Cool.  :viking:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10044 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »

What a perfect ending to a great evening...homemade cheeseburgers...  :drool:

Almost ready.

I am a little surprised at his appetite. It is late for us and he ate  quite well several hours ago.

I will be away for a bit.

My daughter spent time at her friend's house and has already passed out on the couch in front of "Spirit,"  a Disney movie.

My son not only asked for meat, but he immediately scarfed down half a bag of pecans during the movie, before he asked for a burger.

This eleven year old boy is demanding proteins after an encounter with a talented and lovely woman in her thirties!!

(should I really be enabling this behavior?   HELL YEAH!!)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:28:53 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10045 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »

What a perfect ending to a great evening...homemade cheeseburgers...  :drool:

Almost ready.

I am a little surprised at his appetite. It is late for us and he ate  quite well several hours ago.

I will be away for a bit.

My daughter spent time at her friend's house and has already passed out on the couch in front of "Sprint,"  a Disney movie.

My son not only asked for meat, but he immediately scarfed down half a bag of pecans during the movie, before he asked for a burger.

This eleven year old boy is demanding proteins after an encounter with a talented and lovely woman in her thirties!!

(should I really be enabling this behavior?   HELL YEAH!!)

He is building his strength to be a He Man, like his father. :eyelash:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10046 on: August 07, 2010, 01:55:24 AM »
I am getting  :yawn:  as I post!

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10047 on: August 07, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »

OMFG!!!

Yeah, that's what I thought was so great about it too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10048 on: August 19, 2010, 07:29:51 AM »
The news, listening to this, , trolling a bunch of sites, loling at something I thought of from yesterday.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10049 on: August 19, 2010, 08:00:15 AM »
Writing an XProc script.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein