Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138756 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #7680 on: May 07, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
My husband and I just had our 15th wedding anniversary.  The date's easy to remember since it's also our daughter's birthday.

Congratulations and a happy birthday for your daughter.

I just took a really good morning shit. It smells almost like rotten meat after a couple of days of heavy drinking.  8)

LOL! A couple of days of heavy drinking, eh?

You Do realise that that rotting meat smell is most likely to be caused from your own half-digested blood cells which randomly escaped to their death from your weaker capillaries during this binge behavior, right?

:hahaha:

EDIT: Sorry about the typos!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 07:02:16 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7681 on: May 07, 2009, 03:08:15 PM »

Right now, I'm still in pain.

I went to the doctor yesterday. He gave me a (BIG HOT) cortisone shot in my lower spine, a quick acting anti-inflammatory shot in my butt, a prescription for thirty Vicodin, thirty 800mg Ibuprophen, something called Flexotril for muscle relaxation and a series of prednosone.

Recommended two days of bedrest and no bending or lifting for a week.

:hanged:

I still can't walk very far without my right leg going numb, then it feels like my leg catches fire if I don't get off my feet.

This is fucked up! It is new to me to have this kind of unmanageable pain.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7682 on: May 07, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
My husband and I just had our 15th wedding anniversary.  The date's easy to remember since it's also our daughter's birthday.

Thank you.  She just turned 13, so she's a teenager now.

:o

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7683 on: May 07, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

I went to the doctor yesterday. He gave me a (BIG HOT) cortisone shot in my lower spine, a quick acting anti-inflammatory shot in my butt, a prescription for thirty Vicodin, thirty 800mg Ibuprophen, something called Flexotril for muscle relaxation and a series of prednosone.

I still can't walk very far without my right leg going numb, then it feels like my leg catches fire if I don't get off my feet.

I think I would take the bedrest and bending and lifting restrictions very seriously, in that case.  Does ice help the pain at all?  It helps my ankle pain and reduces inflammation and swelling.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7684 on: May 07, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »

I think I would take the bedrest and bending and lifting restrictions very seriously, in that case.  Does ice help the pain at all?  It helps my ankle pain and reduces inflammation and swelling.

He recommended alternating between heat and cold. I have tried it and found that it doesn't really make a difference.

The only thing that helps so far is to lie down with my feet propped up.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7685 on: May 07, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »

If she's anything like mine, she has probably been a "teenager"  for quite some time.

Right?

:evillaugh:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7686 on: May 07, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »

If she's anything like mine, she has probably been a "teenager"  for quite some time.

Right?

She kept insisting that she was an ADULT because she had "menstrual fluid".

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7687 on: May 07, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »

He recommended alternating between heat and cold. I have tried it and found that it doesn't really make a difference.

For me so far, the heat does nothing but make my ankle even more swollen and painful, but ice packs along with elevation seems to really help.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7688 on: May 07, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »

Right?

GOD I can't wait for that one ::)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline the evil one

• Part of the Chaos
  • badder than death
« Reply #7689 on: May 08, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »
waiting for a phone call

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7690 on: May 08, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »
Waiting to take my daughter to school
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7691 on: May 08, 2009, 08:04:36 AM »

Right?

Funny thing, my daughter has always kept pace with my wife's cycle, since birth. Now that my wife has no definitive cycle (You know what I mean) my daughter still has some hormonal effect every month. If she turns out to be like her mom, then her menstruation will likely begin this year.

:yikes:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7692 on: May 08, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »

For me so far, the heat does nothing but make my ankle even more swollen and painful, but ice packs along with elevation seems to really help.

I am so much better than yesterday, I can hardly believe it. The doctor told me that the cortisone shot into my back would take up to a week to improve things, but after two days, I am better.

I can't really see a difference with heat/cold or either type therapy. Cold DOES however seem to make things a little numb for about ten minutes, but it also makes my muscles a little stiff. Heat seems to hurt, but the muscles go a little less tight.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7693 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »

I am so much better than yesterday, I can hardly believe it. The doctor told me that the cortisone shot into my back would take up to a week to improve things, but after two days, I am better.

I can't really see a difference with heat/cold or either type therapy. Cold DOES however seem to make things a little numb for about ten minutes, but it also makes my muscles a little stiff. Heat seems to hurt, but the muscles go a little less tight.

Since yours seems to be more in the muscles, that makes a lot of sense. 

I'm glad that you are feeling better so quickly.

I got a new ankle brace yesterday and I can restart physical therapy in a week, so soon I hope to feel a lot better too.

Funny thing, my daughter has always kept pace with my wife's cycle, since birth. Now that my wife has no definitive cycle (You know what I mean) my daughter still has some hormonal effect every month. If she turns out to be like her mom, then her menstruation will likely begin this year.

:yikes:

Puberty is a very long process as you already know.  Hormones have an effect through a monthly cycle long before menstrual periods actually start.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7694 on: May 08, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »

Right?

My daughter is twelve and already a teenager, for all practical purposes. Drives me nuts, regularly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein