Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138742 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #7530 on: March 10, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
Converting a Youtube video to MP3.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7531 on: March 11, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »

MP3s, indeed.

Well, I don't plant to compress my files, but I have been re-setting my turntable rig to rip some of the newest acquisitions from the HPB store. I have twenty nine new albums to RIP.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7532 on: March 11, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »

MP3s, indeed.

Well, I don't plant to compress my files, but I have been re-setting my turntable rig to rip some of the newest acquisitions from the HPB store. I have twenty nine new albums to RIP.

The compression was manageable. It was a piece we used at the funeral.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7533 on: March 22, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »
Relaxing and getting ready to go to bed early
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7534 on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
Waiting for the ratbags to arrive home from school. ;D

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #7535 on: March 25, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
Waiting for the ratbags to arrive home from school. ;D

How old are they?
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7536 on: March 25, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
One is 12, in Year 7, and the other is 15, in Year 10.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7537 on: March 28, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
One is 12, in Year 7, and the other is 15, in Year 10.

More info, please.

I am interested, peripherally, but with an open mind. Mine are doing fine-ish.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7538 on: March 28, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »

This shiot is so punk.

I stilll want to know.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7539 on: March 28, 2009, 03:54:30 PM »
Checking the board after backing it up  and it looks good
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SleepyDragon

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7540 on: March 28, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
My older boy is a diagnosed Aspie. He is doing that teenage thing where they sleep in on weekends until well past midday. The younger one... still not sure. He has some spectrum-like qualities, and is a full-blown gaming nerd, but is more socially adept than either his brother or me.

How old are your kids, DD?

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7541 on: March 29, 2009, 03:18:38 AM »
Not fucking sleeping...that's for sure!!!!!!!!
 :zombiefuck: :wanker:

Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7542 on: March 29, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
My older boy is a diagnosed Aspie. He is doing that teenage thing where they sleep in on weekends until well past midday. The younger one... still not sure. He has some spectrum-like qualities, and is a full-blown gaming nerd, but is more socially adept than either his brother or me.

How old are your kids, DD?

I have a ten year old son and an eight year old daughter. They have both been assessed with genius level intelligence (I still laugh at all those who proclaim their HIGH IQ over and over to those who are obviously more intelligent than they are, but some forms of genius are constantly demonstrable. So what!), LoL.
Both of them have been diagnosed as PDD-NOS (same as me).

My son also has been diagnosed with AS (in order to specify), ADHD and some (non-described, officially) sensory integration dysfunctional anomalies.
My daughter is also diagnosed with ADHD, Dyslexia and a whole different assortment of DSI issues.

I also have two other grown sons from previous relations (both approaching thirty), one is diagnosed PDD-NOS as well. The other I have not met yet, except when he was a small child.

Seriously, it seems fairly evident to me that these things are hereditary, but there seems to be some resistance to admit this as an "official"  possibility.
 :zombiefuck:

Them nuts don't fall that far from the tree trunk, people!!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7543 on: March 29, 2009, 01:51:22 PM »
Ugh, yeah. I've had the genius argument a bunch of times, because IQ is such a bigger-dick-fight. People calling themselves geniuses when it seems to me that in a world of billions of people, being in the hundredth or so percentile of anything is really not all that special.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7544 on: March 29, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Ugh, yeah. I've had the genius argument a bunch of times, because IQ is such a bigger-dick-fight. People calling themselves geniuses when it seems to me that in a world of billions of people, being in the hundredth or so percentile of anything is really not all that special.

Yeah, that's one reason I tend to mention this type of thing as a footnote, just to be consistent, but, in the same breath, point out that I hold so little gravitas to the "argument."

When my son was five, he was first successfully evaluated for Intelligence Quotient to the full extent of their testing procedures and his incredible skills in math and reading would only fit on their scales if they fudged his age to that of a twelve year old. (That part of the diagnostic process brought to the forefront a conversation I had had with my wife several times as he was developing - "What if he's TOO smart?"  She never understood what I meant, but I "knew" already what they would find from personal experience when they tried to assess him in this way.).

Funny thing is that the psychology team we were working with had tried to asses him the year before and he was going like a banshee against their every trial, until he decided that he was DONE! He quit the test and, obviously, failed all the rest of the test. He had given up in the one hundred sixty range (I forget the name of the "test," but it is one where one hundred eighty is the highest possible score) and would no longer respond predictably. LoL!

This shite means nothing!

My daughter simply refuses to participate in any of these tests.   She will NOT respond. (... yet she may prove to be the smartest one of all of us!)

... again, LoL!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:45:52 PM by DirtDawg »