Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138756 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #7080 on: November 02, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
i'm soooooo jealous...

duncvis

« Reply #7081 on: November 02, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
nobody's stopping you from getting out on t'tops. the mendips and the somerset coast are on your doorstep aren't they? :)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7082 on: November 02, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
nobody's stopping you from getting out on t'tops. the mendips and the somerset coast are on your doorstep aren't they? :)

i'd have to drive to get there, though, and i'm not sure how safe i'd be traipsing about on my own.  apart from the fact that they're on the Other Side of my Front Door.  :hide:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7083 on: November 02, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
Posting this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7084 on: November 02, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
Why do the secret police want to question you?

We've applied for jobs with a government contractor, in order to work for them you have to have a Top Secret security clearance.

Good luck with that, Tesla.

I think Amy and you are right to be honest about your personal lives.

If you get top secret clearances, then I think they would be more concerned with whether you would be subject to being blackmailed because of your background than with the exact details of it anyway.  Also I think you should be prepared to have your telephone calls monitored assuming that you get the job, so having nothing to hide will be a good thing.

I know that my husband's and my private telephone calls were monitored, because they called him in and played him a recording of one of them and asked him questions about it.

Be sure to drop phrases like 'Red Fox has dropped the package' and 'black dawn is coming' into your phone conversations.  The people who monitor the calls need something to relieve the boredom occasionally.

:laugh:

In one of our private conversations...

Edit:  Good point, DirtDawg.

:hide:

:tinfoil:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:11:28 AM by Callaway »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7085 on: November 02, 2008, 08:38:01 PM »
Feeling very emo and sorry for myself boy this gets fucking old quick
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7086 on: November 02, 2008, 09:04:56 PM »
waiting for my movie to download.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7087 on: November 03, 2008, 01:22:55 AM »
Pretending to work while drinking my morning coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #7088 on: November 03, 2008, 03:33:15 AM »
Yep. I'm hoping to go up Pendle Hill tomorrow.

Be BRAVE if you carried a gun like LIT.  :zoinks:
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7089 on: November 03, 2008, 03:38:21 AM »

We've applied for jobs with a government contractor, in order to work for them you have to have a Top Secret security clearance.

If you get top secret clearances, then I think they would be more concerned with whether you would be subject to being blackmailed because of your background than with the exact details of it anyway.  Also I think you should be prepared to have your telephone calls monitored assuming that you get the job, so having nothing to hide will be a good thing.

I know that my husband's and my private telephone calls were monitored, because they called him in and played him a recording of one of them and asked him questions about it.

Be sure to drop phrases like 'Red Fox has dropped the package' and 'black dawn is coming' into your phone conversations.  The people who monitor the calls need something to relieve the boredom occasionally.

In one of our private conversations, my husband was telling me about building a model helicopter he had bought at K-Mart, which was completely innocent.

He tested weapons for the US Army, so the people listening in on our phone calls thought that he was telling me about a real helicopter, so they called him in, played the recording of our conversation and asked him all about it.  I guess he must have been testing the weapons on a real helicopter then.  We knew that they were listening in on our phone calls after that.

He also had two guys who looked a lot like one another who kept following him around all the time.  In our phone conversations, I called them the gay guys and said that they followed him around because they had a big man crush on him.  He was one of the most qualified people to ever apply for the job, so for quite a while they kept trying to catch him being a spy.  I guess they figured that someone with his credentials who was willing to take the job working for the government testing weapons must be a spy.  The truth is, he just needed a job and this was the best one he could find.

Maybe he could have offered to take them to the testing site and driven them around for 6 hours before pulling into his garage.

In something semi-related, I watched a BBC documentary about the McCarthy era, and some guy who'd been a member of the American communist party was talking about how some sort of government agent would stand on the street corner outside his house in the evenings with a pen and notepad.  Eventually he phoned the police and reported that there was a weird guy standing on the street corner exposing himself to kids, the police promptly arrived and took him away, and that was the end of guys spying on him and his family from street corners.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #7090 on: November 03, 2008, 05:55:10 AM »

In one of our private conversations, my husband was telling me about building a model helicopter he had bought at K-Mart, which was completely innocent.

He tested weapons for the US Army, so the people listening in on our phone calls thought that he was telling me about a real helicopter, so they called him in, played the recording of our conversation and asked him all about it.  I guess he must have been testing the weapons on a real helicopter then.  We knew that they were listening in on our phone calls after that.

He also had two guys who looked a lot like one another who kept following him around all the time.  In our phone conversations, I called them the gay guys and said that they followed him around because they had a big man crush on him.  He was one of the most qualified people to ever apply for the job, so for quite a while they kept trying to catch him being a spy.  I guess they figured that someone with his credentials who was willing to take the job working for the government testing weapons must be a spy.  The truth is, he just needed a job and this was the best one he could find.

:lol:

I've heard recently reports of agents listening in on private conversations between husbands and wives, the agents would keep their favorite phone sex tapes and play it for their buddies in the office.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7091 on: November 03, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »
Removing PCI cards from my computer to see if it'll stop randomly dying and if my USB ports will start working again.

What make and model is your motherboard? It could be a common issue. I know it is with the 3 ASUS M2NPV-VM boards I have, although mine have been spared so far.

duncvis

« Reply #7092 on: November 03, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
Yep. I'm hoping to go up Pendle Hill tomorrow.

Be BRAVE if you carried a gun like LIT.  :zoinks:

Who needs a gun? The sheep were COWARDLY. :lol:

Trying to talk Xan into eating his tea.  :grrr:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7093 on: November 03, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

Trying to talk Xan into eating his tea.  :grrr:

"EAT YOUR FUCKING TEA!"

that should do it.   :green:

reminds me of the joke, famously told by Lemmy:

how do you sell a deaf bloke a frog?

"WANNA BUY A FROG?!!"

:LMAO:

duncvis

« Reply #7094 on: November 03, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »
It has about as much effect as shouting at a brick, sadly. Anyway he's eating an apple so I'll let him off.  :-\