Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138727 times)

Soph

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #5010 on: December 12, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
i make too many typos. and i don't really care. i will stop soon though lol

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5011 on: December 12, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »
i make too many typos. and i don't really care. i will stop soon though lol

Please, don't stop.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #5012 on: December 12, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »
Aching and feeling old :(

Welcome to my aged world! :P

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5013 on: December 12, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
i'm brushing my teeth in a second. if this swollen gum crapola goes away i will brush my teeth more often.
it probably will go away , when i got it it was when i didnt brush my teeh enough when i was younger. when is tarted brushing them m0ore it got better and i dont really get it now, but still bleeds sometimes if i brush too hard.
brush the top of the tooth and where it meets the gum , even if it bleeds. thats what the dentist said to me when i was younger

yeah i haven't been brushing my teeth. :-[ :goldenhind:

you make cute typos. lol i make typos lately. i dunno why i've become spazztastic in typing.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5014 on: December 12, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
i'm brushing my teeth in a second. if this swollen gum crapola goes away i will brush my teeth more often.

Gums don't bleed when they are healthy. It is important to keep them claen, just as it is your teeth. The real trick though is cleaning below the line where your teeth are covered by your gums. You can actually put a small pick deep into the area between your gums and teeth if they are healthy and they will not bleed.

Now the horror ...

FLOSSING!

:yikes:

I never did this at all, until I was in my forties and I did not really know how to do it properly.  I have a nasty story to tell, after you get all healed up, about what happens if you do not clean below the gumline on a semi-regular basis. I haven't lost any front teeth, but I have lost two molars from improper, incomplete care.

Most likely, your gums are swollen because of a bacterial infection below the gumline and it might be OK, but you would be smart to pay particular attention to that area with a good anti bacterial mouthwash, over the next few days. Some flossing to get under the gums can also help. Yeah, they are sore and it will hurt, but no amount of gum pain is worse than losing a tooth. After you get some anti-bacterial in there you can often make them feel a little better by using a solution of warm saltwater, holding on the area. This will help a small bit, but it will often open up the capillaries and allow some additional, healing bloodflow to teh area, also.

Are your teeth loose in the affected area? If so, you could have a serious periodontal problem.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5015 on: December 12, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »
yikes. :o
a part of me wants to hear that story. a part doesn't.

what if my teeth are too squeezed together to allow for flossing? i never floss. :(

i will go do some mouthwashing right now. i have a bottle. thanks Dawg. i wasn't sure if i should do mouthwash.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #5016 on: December 12, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »
i never floss ekither. my teeth are too close together, i had too many in my mouth and had a couple taken out a few years ago, but still too many. one of them is jagged because of it. :(
if i brush properly and regularly though then my teeth are alright

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5017 on: December 12, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »
i have too many teeth! wow. you're like my mouth twin. well, in the too many teeth department.

everyone always talks of flossing and i feel like i dunno what to do. :(
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #5018 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »
you should go  see the tooth fairy.
or the dentist.  :)

it can be fixed though

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5019 on: December 13, 2007, 02:09:12 AM »
the toothfairy? :orly: :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #5020 on: December 13, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »
yes :P

trying to work out what to buy my brothers for xmas

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #5021 on: December 13, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
Wishing I wasn't at work.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5022 on: December 13, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »
i never floss ekither. my teeth are too close together, i had too many in my mouth and had a couple taken out a few years ago, but still too many. one of them is jagged because of it. :(
if i brush properly and regularly though then my teeth are alright

Don't fool yourself.

Flossing is mroe about takking care of the junction between the teeth and the gums, where there is actually air contact, stable tempertures, relative darknesss, and loads of sugars and proteins for bacteria to feed uponn and divide into massive colonies. Ask an oral hygienist why you should bother to floss. Don't accept the word of some set of miscellaneous electrons on the net who has actually been through all this.

:P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5023 on: December 17, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »
Toying around with Google Earth. Fun! ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5024 on: December 17, 2007, 06:47:48 PM »
trying without luck to relax >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw