Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138722 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #4830 on: November 29, 2007, 12:13:51 PM »
Sounds like Vista to me. :P ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4831 on: November 29, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
Trying to calm down. It's been a long day.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4832 on: November 29, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »

It is Quickbooks 2008, but not on Vista.   Hell it isn't even MS, but that is what most business developers seem to be doing.   The new MS Exchange 2007 has to be run on a Windows 2003 64 bit server, so you are out of luck with a 32bit mobo server.   MS Office 2007 sucks ass, but my employer would cry nonstop at the idea of using something else.   I am about to reinstall Office 2003 and use the older Exchange server software.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4833 on: November 29, 2007, 02:44:55 PM »

It is Quickbooks 2008, but not on Vista.   Hell it isn't even MS, but that is what most business developers seem to be doing.   The new MS Exchange 2007 has to be run on a Windows 2003 64 bit server, so you are out of luck with a 32bit mobo server.   MS Office 2007 sucks ass, but my employer would cry nonstop at the idea of using something else.   I am about to reinstall Office 2003 and use the older Exchange server software.

I should be doing something productive.

Good call.

:evillaugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4834 on: November 29, 2007, 03:33:37 PM »
Eating organic white chocolate. Fucking gorgeous.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4835 on: November 29, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »
I registered it for it in previous years and never found time to actually take part. Feel free to tell me if I miss anything interesting though (although the name gwynfryn still raises my blood pressure).

Having a break before going to the attic to carry on tidying spud's bedroom.

This never actually happened.  :-[ I went into the bedroom on the way up and put PI's laptop on to give it a spring clean while she's away, it'll be nice for her to come back to a computer that works at a usable speed again - and settled down for a rest while diskeeper was working on her mangled hard drive. Don't know where my energy went. Gonna sort out some clean washing and put it away after tea instead and finish spud's room in the morning - I is too tired to do it after trailing around with my gran all day.  :yawn:

Sorry, didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.  I won't mention him here again.   :plus:   But, I do correspond with him occasionally. like I do with HG.   I don't agree with him on many points and the AWARES conference the last time I went there was NOT something I found interesting.  I only went because "he" piqued my interest.    Obviously I have never clashed with him like so many others have.  And don't worry, I don't plan on bringing this place to his attention.

No, bring the know-it-all motherfucker here -- I could do with a laugh.

Sorry P, but, I suggest you talk with Dunc first before saying that.  Of course, I'm assuming that your observations/contacts with Gwyn have been minimal to none.  If I'm wrong, I stand corrected and will consider it.

I've never heard of this individual, before this thread.

S/He/it sounds like someone I would be bored with from the start.

He, actually.  Lets just say, he takes this AS/Autism advocacy thing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY seriously.  He's registered on Fractalus if you want to peruse a sample of his postings.  There's not many, but, it will give you some idea of where he's coming from.  His user name "Gwynfryn" is his real name and he's registered on every forum as that name.

If Dunc, said invite him, I would do so in a heartbeat.  But, I agree, you would be bored with him and he would be bored with us very quickly.  Look at "Phuc Yu", it seems he has become bored with us and left awhile ago. ::)
Gwynfryn is a she, and a moderator on WP. You sure you want to invite this one?

duncvis

« Reply #4836 on: November 29, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
that is not the original gwynfryn. it are imposter.

ozymandias

« Reply #4837 on: November 29, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »

Yes, trust me I'v seen the real Gwynfryn's picture and have corresponded with him many times, HE is a self confessed semi-misogynist.  And he has not been on wp in months.  And Alex would never make him a moderator.  Like him or dislike him, he's nobodies puppet, let alone plankboy's!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4838 on: November 29, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
You're making me curious about him now. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4839 on: November 29, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »

Yes, trust me I'v seen the real Gwynfryn's picture and have corresponded with him many times, HE is a self confessed semi-misogynist.  And he has not been on wp in months.  And Alex would never make him a moderator.  Like him or dislike him, he's nobodies puppet, let alone plankboy's!
This Zomg member goes by the name Gwynfryn on WP:
http://www.zomgaspies.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48
Make sure you are damn sure as to who you are inviting, this could be one two faced person we have here...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4840 on: November 29, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »

Make sure you are damn sure as to who you are inviting, this could be one two faced person we have here...

What's wrong? Don't you think we can handle another two-faced person in course.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #4841 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »

If nobody wants to listen to me or Dunc........................then I don't see the point in me being part of another circle jerk debate.  There's enough of that going on here!

I'm tired and need to sleep..........................Goodnight children...........everywhere!

duncvis

« Reply #4842 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »
me too. night folks. :zzz:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4843 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

If nobody wants to listen to me or Dunc........................then I don't see the point in me being part of another circle jerk debate.  There's enough of that going on here!

I'm tired and need to sleep..........................Goodnight children...........everywhere!

I've taken heed, but I could not let drift by, unsnared, an easy shot at getting knuckle-deep in hadron's eye with my thumb.

:D

I feel certain that he woudl extend me the same courtesy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:55:29 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4844 on: November 30, 2007, 01:30:13 AM »

Hadron, it's obvious that you are either mistaken or just plain lying.

Gwynfryn on WP is not the same person as Gwen on ZOMG.

Perhaps you are thinking of Gwynevyn on WP who seems to be a moderator there and who has 4292 posts, although only 4071 are viewable by regular members?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-11217.html

Here's Gwynfryn's profile on WP:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-482.html

He has 286 posts, 282 of which are viewable by regular members.

I suggest that you get your facts straight before you accuse Gwynfryn or Gwynevyn of something ridiculous like being the same person.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 01:32:17 AM by Callaway »