Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138739 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #4635 on: November 02, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »

Yep!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #4636 on: November 02, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
Looking forwards to seeing the band AIDS Wolf later on tonight at a local club.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4637 on: November 02, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »
I'm not familiar with them. I googled and Skingraft Records is not responding. Wiki has an article with this interesting tidbit.

Quoting Captain Beefheart, they describe their sound as that of "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag".

Sounds very cool.

Let us know how it goes!

They are described as Noise Rock. I enjoy that stuff live, usually.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:34:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #4638 on: November 02, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
just had a shower and now im just sat here. i should go to bed. i have to be up at 8 to go to blackpool to look at victorian houses. i have a feeling ive posted this already...  :-\

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4639 on: November 02, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
Getting ready to go out. Should be interesting.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4640 on: November 03, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »
Getting ready to go to bed.   I have to write this paper tomorrow (well technically its today) because there is no way I am writing it on Sunday.   Time to struggle against the temptation to procrastinate.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #4641 on: November 03, 2007, 01:33:56 AM »
I'm not familiar with them. I googled and Skingraft Records is not responding. Wiki has an article with this interesting tidbit.

Quoting Captain Beefheart, they describe their sound as that of "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag".

Sounds very cool.

Let us know how it goes!

Very loud, very abrasive, very entrancing in the way that pre-dance era Industrial music used to be. It almost felt like I was floating after their set was over. They were using interesting gear.

Guitar player #1 had a Rickenbacker guitar thru a Fender Blues DeVille and an old Marshall 4x12 fed by a previously unknown to me Solid State Traynor monoblock amp.

Guitar player #2 used an old Danelectro through a very old Mesa Boogie Mk1 ( Blonde Tolex), a Gallien Krueger RB400, and a wierd early 70's Solid State Traynor amp that he said was a prototype that never made it into production. The two Solid State amps were fed by an ancient Korg Professional Tape Echo into a newer Marshall 4x12 in stereo mode.

Almost Psycho Female 'singer' with a face painted in a Dayglo pink pattern and a fairly psychotic looking drummer who had his snare mounted at a 45' angle. --I think that the singer and drummer could possibly be ASD.

Sonically the band sounded like Arabonradar fronted by the chick from Melt Banana.

I picked up their CD, plus another CD EP that is a collaboration with an Ex-member of Arabonradar. It's 3:33 AM and I'm still wired as fuck all on Caffeine and sugar.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:33:16 AM by ASpHole »
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #4642 on: November 03, 2007, 08:58:14 AM »
Putting a christian rap cd together for my dad.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4643 on: November 03, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »

Sounds very cool.

Let us know how it goes!

Very loud, very abrasive, very entrancing in the way that pre-dance era Industrial music used to be. It almost felt like I was floating after their set was over. They were using interesting gear.

Guitar player #1 had a Rickenbacker guitar thru a Fender Blues DeVille and an old Marshall 4x12 fed by a previously unknown to me Solid State Traynor monoblock amp.

Guitar player #2 used an old Danelectro through a very old Mesa Boogie Mk1 ( Blonde Tolex), a Gallien Krueger RB400, and a wierd early 70's Solid State Traynor amp that he said was a prototype that never made it into production. The two Solid State amps were fed by an ancient Korg Professional Tape Echo into a newer Marshall 4x12 in stereo mode.

Almost Psycho Female 'singer' with a face painted in a Dayglo pink pattern and a fairly psychotic looking drummer who had his snare mounted at a 45' angle. --I think that the singer and drummer could possibly be ASD.

Sonically the band sounded like Arabonradar fronted by the chick from Melt Banana.

I picked up their CD, plus another CD EP that is a collaboration with an Ex-member of Arabonradar. It's 3:33 AM and I'm still wired as fuck all on Caffeine and sugar.

It sounds truly fascinating!

I love it when they make me float!

Hey, those old Korg Echos are really desirable. Running one in stereo is the best thing since tits for "that type of sound."

I'm a little jealous. You must have had a blast!

BTW, the funny thing about the manufacturer's prototypes (possibly, like that Traynor) from the old days, is that they often went directly into the hands of "famous rock stars" for testing. Rock stars, being somewhat free spirits, often hated the fact that they were picked on  by the companies that they had entered into promotional arrangements with as a result of record label deals. Often the prototypes would be traded to some music store, right away, for something the "star" was more familiar with. They rarely kept up their end of the promotional deal and many of these prototypes have hit the used market and a finger goes up to anyone with questions who came around, later.

That early Mesa would be an example of something that some overloaded rockstar might have preferred to anything that the record company said they had to use, in their contract. Truly a case of herding cats!

:D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:22:48 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4644 on: November 03, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »
Bracing myself to head out into the storm.  :(
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4645 on: November 03, 2007, 10:30:44 AM »
Trying to think of what to do today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #4646 on: November 03, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »
Bracing myself to head out into the storm.  :(

Good luck, we're due for it a bit later this afternoon.  High Wind Advisory is already in effect for western Maine.  Planning what else I need to take in from outside!

duncvis

« Reply #4647 on: November 03, 2007, 05:31:33 PM »
Hey, those old Korg Echos are really desirable. Running one in stereo is the best thing since tits for "that type of sound."

Bold words indeed. I can't think of anything which is the best thing since tits.  :bounce:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:33:24 PM by Ass Fairy10 »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4648 on: November 03, 2007, 05:54:14 PM »

Bold words indeed. I can't think of anything which is the best thing since tits.  :bounce:

I said, "...SINCE tits."  Tits are still number one! Besides, I WAS talking about stereo, ya know. :bounce:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4649 on: November 03, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »
Hiding upstairs from the dreaded sleep over :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw