Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138740 times)

ozymandias

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #2536 on: April 04, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
Enjoying my coffee.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #2537 on: April 05, 2007, 01:54:44 AM »
About to make coffee.  8)

Litigious

« Reply #2538 on: April 05, 2007, 03:25:01 AM »
Have shot a dozen of small rockets and think about going somewhere and blow up my homemade 35 gram (a little more than an ounce  :angel: ) salute. It equals a real M-800.  8)

duncvis

« Reply #2539 on: April 05, 2007, 03:46:18 AM »
Have shot a dozen of small rockets and think about going somewhere and blow up my homemade 35 gram (a little more than an ounce  :angel: ) salute. It equals a real M-800.  8)

Fun!! :flamer:

Trying to convince myself it isn't Saturday. I'm fucking sure its Saturday.  ???

Litigious

« Reply #2540 on: April 05, 2007, 03:50:02 AM »
No, it's Thursday. Don't you have fireworks in the UK for Easter? All Scandinavian countries have and the German speaking countries too.  8)

duncvis

« Reply #2541 on: April 05, 2007, 03:56:32 AM »
No we don't, Easter here isn't really a big deal for all but the actively Xtian minority. Easter=chocolate and the easter bunny. We have fireworks for Guy Fawkes' Day aka Bonfire Night, where communities throw the effigy of a man who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament on a bonfire, eat pie and peas and cinder toffee, and set fireworks off. Although there are fireworks going off all the time now for some fucking reason. Lol, on one estate I know of the dealers set fireworks off to let their customers know the drugs have arrived.  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2542 on: April 05, 2007, 04:01:10 AM »
No, it's Thursday. Don't you have fireworks in the UK for Easter? All Scandinavian countries have and the German speaking countries too.  8)

Here, we shoot fireworks mostly for New Year's Day and the Fourth of July, Independence Day.  Cities around here have huge public fireworks displays for the Fourth of July and there are fireworks stands selling the fireworks that are legal to use here.  Some people drive to Wyoming to get more powerful fireworks, even though it may be illegal to shoot many of them in the cities here.  You should take into account that we live in a very dry climate and the fire department often has to put out fires caused by these illegal fireworks.

People shooting fireworks at other times than New Years Day and Independence Day here are mostly rednecks.

Litigious

« Reply #2543 on: April 05, 2007, 04:05:27 AM »

Here, we shoot fireworks mostly for New Year's Day and the Fourth of July, Independence Day.  Cities around here have huge public fireworks displays for the Fourth of July and there are fireworks stands selling the fireworks that are legal to use here.  Some people drive to Wyoming to get more powerful fireworks, even though it may be illegal to shoot many of them in the cities here.  You should take into account that we live in a very dry climate and the fire department often has to put out fires caused by these illegal fireworks.

My homemade little thing is higly illegal. If I blew it up in town, I'd probably go to jail for it. In Austria and Switzerland, they have commercial firecrackers of that strenght perfectly legal, though. It's a "road sign buster".  :angel:

Quote from: Callaway
People shooting fireworks at other times than New Years Day and Independence Day here are mostly rednecks.

I'm too intelligent to be a redneck, but some of my opinions would certainly be called redneck opinions here.

Litigious

« Reply #2544 on: April 05, 2007, 04:13:16 AM »
This is a German, legal firecracker, that's called "Kanonenschlag"; "Cannon Thunder". It's probably almost as powerful as my homemade one.

And look at these Swiss "Piraten"! :arrr:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2545 on: April 05, 2007, 04:18:16 AM »
I forgot there may be non-redneck people shooting fireworks for Chinese New Year here too.  Your second firework picture reminded me.

Litigious

« Reply #2546 on: April 05, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »
That was quite a bang.  8)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2547 on: April 05, 2007, 05:16:29 AM »
Did you shoot it off?  Where?

Litigious

« Reply #2548 on: April 05, 2007, 05:22:40 AM »
I first thought of going down to the sea. I use safety fuse, so I can blow them off in water if I want to. When its calm, it'll be a tremendous bang that you can hear several kilometers away. But there were people in some of the summer cottages near the water, so I didn't dare to, and it's too windy to make use of the full effect of blowing it off in water anyway. I went out a bit into the woods and blew it off on a rock. There were actually small pieces of the rock blown away.  8)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2549 on: April 05, 2007, 05:44:54 AM »
Well, I looked up Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes and you might be a redneck if your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

Here are a few others:

http://home.att.net/~colerl/redneck.htm

You use the O on a stop sign to sight your new rifle.

You've ever lost a loved one to kudzu. 

Someone in your family says "Cum'n heer an' lookit this afore I flush it." 

You look upon a family reunion as a chance to meet `Ms. Right' 

:laugh: