Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138748 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #2400 on: March 16, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
I only have one parent.

I have only one parent as well, but I started out with two.  Did your mom use artificial insemination with a donor?  I know some women who did that.

;D

My dad died in 2001.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2401 on: March 16, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »
Preparing to set up a tent in my living room. Don't worry - nothing is wrong with the roof, but we're doing a camp in.. The kids have earned a big break from routines, this week and the weather outside is shitty, unsettled and blustery, so outdoors, this weekend, is mainly for the most determined and seasoned of campers.
Should be fun, still. It was last year, when cabin fever set in.

I have one of these for our campfire, where we will heat cold cuts and veggies for a carpet picnic and make 'smores, later.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2402 on: March 16, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »
I only have one parent.

I have only one parent as well, but I started out with two.  Did your mom use artificial insemination with a donor?  I know some women who did that.

;D

My dad died in 2001.

Lost mine in '98. My mom's about done, too.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2403 on: March 16, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »
My mum's probably got a long time left. Her mum's 98 and healthy so she's got good genes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2404 on: March 16, 2007, 12:22:32 PM »
She is not the AS Thing cheerleader, she is:  :asthing:
confusical when you are in a hurry.

i gotta go, or i'll be late.

So does this mean you are working regular hours again? I missed that, somewhere.

yes.

i have been working from 7 am to 11am, then 1pm to 3 pm.

this is the slow time of the year (chinese new year), and it's the best that i can get.  though, i do get payed 10 hours per day.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2405 on: March 16, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
I only have one parent.

I've heard of the saying, "Why buy the cow, if you're already getting the milk for free?" Is this a female version of the same sentiment? Why buy the pig, if all you want is a little sausage? ... or in this case, just the drippings?

Sort of.  These were women who wanted children, but did not want a husband or those sorts of entanglements, or maybe the time was right for them to have a child, even though they were not in a relationship with a man, so they opted for artificial insemination.  A couple of these mothers are lesbians, but not all of them are.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2406 on: March 16, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
I only have one parent.

;D

My dad died in 2001.

I'm sorry that you lost your dad, Odeon.  My mom died in 2002 and my dad lives in a nursing home now because of dementia.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2407 on: March 16, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »
I only have one parent.

;D

My dad died in 2001.

Lost mine in '98. My mom's about done, too.

I'm sorry that you lost your dad, DirtDawg.  What is wrong with your mom?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2408 on: March 16, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

Thanks. My dad lived a long and happy life, serving other people for a large part - he earned his rest.
Nothing, specifically life threatening, is wrong with my mom, but she has gone downhill, dramatically, in the last two years. Her siblings and their spouses are dropping like flies. I lost my dad's sister last week. My mom's younger brother is going in for a quadruple bypass in a couple of weeks. It's just a busy time in our family history.

The_P

« Reply #2409 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
Sorting out some causes for my current depression.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2410 on: March 16, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »
Sorting out some causes for my current depression.

Lay off the qualudes.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2411 on: March 16, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
Drinking Staropramen and reading forums.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2412 on: March 16, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
Watching Flags of Our Fathers with my mom, watching the first Detective movie on the computer, explaining to my mom why there's only six thin mint cookies left(I told her those painkillers make me hungry) and typing this post.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2413 on: March 16, 2007, 06:37:06 PM »
Just got home from dinner with My sister.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2414 on: March 16, 2007, 07:43:38 PM »
Watching Flags of Our Fathers with my mom, watching the first Detective movie on the computer, explaining to my mom why there's only six thin mint cookies left(I told her those painkillers make me hungry) and typing this post.
how can you multi-task like that?

oh yeah, you're a chick-a-dee.
Misunderstood.