Educational

Author Topic: Oi RPM1978  (Read 4311 times)

Blasted

Re: Oi RPM1978
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
If everything and everyone needs to be made by a creator who made god then? :moon:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »
The universe is continuously generated in a fractal manner, not intelligently designed. The "maker" is simply the particles that work together to form mass etc.

As a fractal is infinite, it's impossible for a creator to make it by hand. Humans are able to create things because they're simple and finite compared to the universe, which is infinitely complex.

That said though, I consider myself agnostic because there probably is "something" out there. Not exactly god, but maybe something similar. If it did exist, it would be nothing like the god you describe. Also, know one knows what the fuck happens when you die, it may not be just "blackness" or a permanent sleep. Maybe if you die, you'll find out the universe was not real to begin with and it was all some sort of dream? :orly:

Blasted

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »
Like the Matrix?

Also, what is it with you lately?  :laugh:  I'm not arsed to argue with this eej.  He's obviously way too into his beliefs to listen to common sense.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2009, 06:15:02 PM »
Also, what is it with you lately?  :laugh:

Eh?

Similar to the matrix, I guess. But fuck knows what happens, best not think about it eh? :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2009, 06:15:53 PM »
Heh never mind :P  It's just not like you to get into existential debates  :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
omfg what a complete fucking retard

you  cannot compare the human body (or any other body) with a car or a computer, spastic

the human body didn't just magically appear as it is today. it evolved

and what kind of blind drunked god would create monstrosities like you and shleed?  :zoinks:

Scrapheap

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »
How can one deny a creator? does a car make itself? no way, cars need intellegent designers, can a computer make itself? no way, computers need intellegent designers (just ask Bill Gates about this one, Microsoft was not possible without his genius behind it).

Nice way to prove that you've created god in your own image. Without humans as a frame of reference for creating things, you would have no precedent that things that exist have an intelligence behind their existence.

Likewise the human body could not make itself at all, in order for all the bones and organs to be in place the way they are, an intellegent designer had to be there to make this possible.

Like all other IDiots, you've made a straw-man argument of evolution. At least read the wiki article on evolution theory before you start spouting off ignorant shit like this.

Some people have varied opinions on who that is? I myself believe it is God, others could believe it is someone else like Allah or Ganesh or whoever the Totem Pole stands for.

Aaah, the IDiot legal disclaimer (this one was authored by the legal staff at the Discovery Institute). This is how you try to get around the establishment clause of the First Amendment.

I have to wonder why anyone makes a big deal out of one choosing to believe in a Creator, and why one choose to mock the idea of one believing in a Creator.

I mean im not mocking those who refuse to believe in a Creator.

It's a big deal because people who share your opinion are trying to shove this "Intelligent Design" crap down the throats of American kids. It's pseudo-science at best, but it's really just Evangelical Christian, Young Earth Creation dressed in a lab coat. It's a Trojan Horse designed to turn America into a Christian Theocracy!

Shove it up your ass!!! :finger: :grrr:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2009, 01:41:52 AM »
Bill Gates created Windows in his own image. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2009, 01:48:22 AM »
How can one deny a creator? does a car make itself? no way, cars need intellegent designers, can a computer make itself? no way, computers need intellegent designers (just ask Bill Gates about this one, Microsoft was not possible without his genius behind it).

Likewise the human body could not make itself at all, in order for all the bones and organs to be in place the way they are, an intellegent designer had to be there to make this possible.

Some people have varied opinions on who that is? I myself believe it is God, others could believe it is someone else like Allah or Ganesh or whoever the Totem Pole stands for.

I have to wonder why anyone makes a big deal out of one choosing to believe in a Creator, and why one choose to mock the idea of one believing in a Creator.

I mean im not mocking those who refuse to believe in a Creator.

I dislike the notion of this life being some kind of test. The problem with arguing against anyone with religious beliefs is that there can be no rational discussion. A belief is just that, a belief, and requires no proof whatsoever.

I can prove that a car needs people to manufacture it, but I can also show you, make it probable for you (if you know enough physics), that the Universe began without a creator. You can certainly argue against those theories but you need to do with some kind of basis in science or otherwise the discussion won't be meaningful.

I suspect that you won't do that, however, so this discussion is most likely over.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
Technically I see myself as atheist because no deity in my belief, can be superior to existence itself, but rather be a evolved aspect of it. I see the plausibility that existence can potentially evolve with enough complexity to form a deity like consciousness. As a result, existence becomes 'alive', with an ability to shape itself beyond the automations of physics with a conscious mind. However considering that the laws of physics still compose it's being, it cannot violate them utterly; but rather it can exploit certain phenomena that works around some restrictions.

I don't call this thing god though, because it's constrained by it's own limitations too. Would that still count as being Deist, Agnostic or Pantheist? Not sure.

Yep, Pantheism is mostly just sexed-up atheism.  8)

Blasted

« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2009, 12:19:09 AM »
This dude never came back  :'(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
typical sensitive type :hahaha:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »
typical christian fundamentalist :hahaha:

fixed  :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2009, 12:53:33 AM »
typical christian fundamentalist :hahaha:

fixed  :green:

Just as bad :laugh:

Yeah, trying to defend their minds against reality must make 'em pissed off or something.  :green: