Author Topic: Ask Eamonn.  (Read 8378 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Eamonn.
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2007, 05:13:34 AM »
Eamonn, read my original post and put it in perspective about what I was saying.

Unless you've lost your arms, you are fully capable of picking up the phone.  And I suggest you do it.

Ok i'll give it a try, though it does make me nervous and stutter a little. Maybe i am being a little tetchy. Sorry.

You are.  Everyone here has obstacles.  But no one is going to knock on your door and fix them.  Curl up into the feotal position as much as you like, but it's a fact, and it sucks, but it's you that has to do something.

The only way people know you need help is if you tell them....funny concept, but apparently that's what has to happen.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »
I was just pointing out that problems nuerologically different people have are as real as being legless though lots of people dont understand that.

QFT.
It is so frustrating to call an organisation that deals with autistic people exclusively and yet won't do any work contacting the autistics already registered with them.

Every time I go the the autism association here, I always feel like I am an intruder.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Eamonn

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2007, 05:50:02 AM »
Eamonn, read my original post and put it in perspective about what I was saying.

Unless you've lost your arms, you are fully capable of picking up the phone.  And I suggest you do it.

Ok i'll give it a try, though it does make me nervous and stutter a little. Maybe i am being a little tetchy. Sorry.

You are.  Everyone here has obstacles.  But no one is going to knock on your door and fix them.  Curl up into the feotal position as much as you like, but it's a fact, and it sucks, but it's you that has to do something.

The only way people know you need help is if you tell them....funny concept, but apparently that's what has to happen.

They know i need help but i have to chase them up. Like renaeden says, many of us have to push and push for anything only to feel like an intruder when we make the effort.

The_P

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2007, 07:12:35 AM »

You are.  Everyone here has obstacles.  But no one is going to knock on your door and fix them.  Curl up into the fetal position as much as you like, but it's a fact, and it sucks, but it's you that has to do something.

I agree with Eclair's post. She's not trying to flaunt her superiority, she is simply pointing out that it's down to us to make the effort to try and find help. It frightens me when I have to make phone calls or book appointments, but I have to do these things. Otherwise, I'll be bedridden with self-loathing and remorse.

Eamonn, I believe you can do this. If you want the help you need, you have to make some effort in order to require it. I'm sorry, but that's how it is -- for everyone.

Eamonn

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
So it's not just cockroaches, vermin, spiders webs, dust and rotten carcasses of dead cats that lies in basements these days. There's also trolls with advice to give. Im readin ya sweet-pea.  ;)

The_P

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2007, 07:48:29 AM »
You caught me in a nice mood today. What can I say?

Good luck, anyhow. Hope it goes well -- when you make the appointment, that is.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:50:36 AM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Eamonn

« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2007, 07:53:22 AM »
You caught me in a nice mood today. What can I say?

Good luck, anyhow. Hope it goes well -- when you make the appointment, that is.  :)

Thanks, bud. Same to you.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »
fuck me - i've created a group hug monster!!!  :yikes:

:grouphug:

Eamonn

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2007, 08:03:17 AM »
Just better hope there isnt a full moon tonight.

The_P

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »
What do you think of this guy, Eamonn? Funny or not?

Eamonn

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »
What do you think of this guy, Eamonn? Funny or not?

My brothers left the speakers up the loft and i cant find them. The inconsiderate cunt. I will reserve judgement for now but looks like he took a pisstake video seriously which is rather sad.

The_P

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
He's a musician and a badass who's making a reputation of himself within the YouTube community with his Maddox-esque ranting style. Not saying that he's trying to be like Maddox, it's just similar somewhat.

Hands down, he's better with the flaming than I am.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 10:13:23 AM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Eamonn

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2007, 09:47:57 AM »
He's a musician and a badass who's making a reputation of himself with the YouTube community with his Maddox-esque ranting style. Not saying that he's trying to be like Maddox, it's just similar somewhat.

I piss on reputations.

The_P

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »
He's a musician and a badass who's making a reputation of himself with the YouTube community with his Maddox-esque ranting style. Not saying that he's trying to be like Maddox, it's just similar somewhat.

I piss on reputations.

I pissed in your proverbial lager.

Eamonn

« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

I piss on reputations.

I pissed in your proverbial lager.

Just so it tastes more like English lager?