Educational

Author Topic: PC hypocrisy?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: PC hypocrisy?
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2009, 07:18:57 AM »
It's like owning a Mac and going to a PC forum and saying Windows PCs suck because they crash and blue screen all the time.

Then going to your Mac forum and asking why your Mac keeps having kernal panics or whatever macs do when they fuck up.
:lol:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »
Lit: You should know full well that even useful citizens in the Third Reich were only pawns in the Nazi machine. They were like toys you give a cat - sooner or later the fuckers would grow tired with them and piss them off. In the Nazis case, if they found no use for 'useful citizens', they were sent to forced labour camps, or killed off. Saying that you would have been left alone because you thought yourself no threat OR becuase you agreed with their philospohy means Jack Shit. Once they targetted you, you were fucked.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • quit fucking with my dogs equilibrium yo
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »
It's like owning a Mac and going to a PC forum and saying Windows PCs suck because they crash and blue screen all the time.

Then going to your Mac forum and asking why your Mac keeps having kernal panics or whatever macs do when they fuck up.
:lol:

never had a kernal panic, never had ANY ISSUES with any of my macs. i have never needed to go to a mac forum. i have never even needed to reboot my mac except the standard reboot after installing a new program.

i have had some software issues with my mac, but only with microsoft software(office and explorer), which was removed, along with my norton antivirus suite. have had no issues whatsoever since then.

also i have never said that windows pc's suck. different machines do cirtian things better. like gaming or cad design, noone makes good software for macs for these purposes.

my reason for having a computer is music production. all the best music programs  run better on a mac or only on a mac. logic, protools, digital perforrmer, live, waves, NI, etc are some examples.

i will however poke fun and ridicule people when they have driver issues, bsod, crashes, and such. not because i hate pc's but because i just cant relate.

it might comfort you all to know that the machines i love are a thing of the past. yes ill say it, apple sucks. new apples are bad apples. dont buy a mac. they dont make em like they used to.

my next machine will be a

5 year old pre intell mac. or possibly a modern pc<winces>
feix ma spellan. ai nide halp. coz i caent duet.

Blasted

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »
Macs confuse me  :laugh:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »
I don't get crashes here on the 6 PCs I have running full time.

Most crashes are generally from shitty hardware and the drivers that go with them. Simple solution, buy better hardware. But most people are cheapskates, so what are you going to do eh.

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:31 PM »

Most crashes are generally from shitty hardware and the drivers that go with them. Simple solution, buy better hardware. But most people are cheapskates, so what are you going to do eh.

(old) macs dont have hardware/driver issues, cause they already have good stuff in them.
Macs confuse me  :laugh:
bints cant get over the fact that the window buttons are on the left instead of the right. osx is far easier to use than windows. you obviously have no real experience with osx.

a couple of things are in different places on the screen and that throws windows users off at first. this does not make it more confusing though. unless youre a bint.

Blasted

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
I are a dumb bint  :(

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

(old) macs dont have hardware/driver issues, cause they already have good stuff in them.
 of things are in different places on the screen and that throws windows users off at first. this does not make it more confusing though. unless youre a bint.

How old? Pre OSX old?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »
Most of the macs I used pretty much were worse than the PCs I used. The macs in my college couldn't even run CS3 right without constant freezing. Apple also has really inconsistent build quality, anything from warping macbook cases to cracking iphone screens... oh yes, also the fact that most ipods die after half a fucking year. Great.  

OSX on my PC ran flawlessly though, was able to have the proper "apple" experience as some would call it. Frankly I wasn't impressed enough to switch OSes and ditch Windows forever, but I can see why designers love it so much. It's pretty much made for them.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »
Well that sure killed off this thread.  :lol:

Offline matthe

• gifted asshole
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »

of things are in different places on the screen and that throws windows users off at first. this does not make it more confusing though. unless youre a bint.

How old? Pre OSX old?

im most familiar with g4-g5 era macs. osx, curently running 10.3 and 10.4. the componets are mostly top notch stuff. and the system as a whole is unbelievably reliable.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2009, 12:28:29 AM »
I don't really like the Mac GUI but I haven't used it enough lately to say anything really insulting about it. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
Back on topic: A variety show that we had on Wednesday nite had a skit sending up the Jacksons. The show was a Hey Hey It's Saturday Reunion special, and basically they got about 6 medical students dressed up in blackface with one of them dressed up as Michael for a skit called Red Faces. The only thing was Michael had the white bleached look. Red Faces is a mock talent thing where they have 3 judges, the main one being Red Symons from Skyhooks.

They did 'Can you feel it?' and one of the judges was Harry Connick Jr. He apparently took exception to the joke, and bagged Aussies for being racists (in other words, did a Soiledarse). Now the American media, in is 'wisdom (or lack of it becuase we know what a bunch of wankers they are) have followed his lead and done the same. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites, given that half the nigger comedians do exactly the same thing (dress up as white to get a laugh) and Connick did a sketch last year parodying a southern black Baptist minister.

Anyone who doesn't think the sketch was funny should seriously get some help.

I'll see if I can find it on YT, cos I'm sure it'll be ther in some form.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:34:26 AM by Steve-O »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 01:30:03 AM »
Here it is:

GalileoAce

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2009, 02:58:34 AM »
Back on topic: A variety show that we had on Wednesday nite had a skit sending up the Jacksons. The show was a Hey Hey It's Saturday Reunion special, and basically they got about 6 medical students dressed up in blackface with one of them dressed up as Michael for a skit called Red Faces. The only thing was Michael had the white bleached look. Red Faces is a mock talent thing where they have 3 judges, the main one being Red Symons from Skyhooks.

They did 'Can you feel it?' and one of the judges was Harry Connick Jr. He apparently took exception to the joke, and bagged Aussies for being racists (in other words, did a Soiledarse). Now the American media, in is 'wisdom (or lack of it becuase we know what a bunch of wankers they are) have followed his lead and done the same. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites, given that half the nigger comedians do exactly the same thing (dress up as white to get a laugh) and Connick did a sketch last year parodying a southern black Baptist minister.

Anyone who doesn't think the sketch was funny should seriously get some help.

I'll see if I can find it on YT, cos I'm sure it'll be ther in some form.

I'm surprised we share a common opinion on this issue.