Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84822 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #3165 on: March 28, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »
Have you seen the new Sherlock that's set in modern London?  I liked the first three episodes that I saw very much.

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #3166 on: March 28, 2012, 04:50:45 AM »
Yep & I thoroughly recommend all 6 they've done so far of those! What else do you like doing, then?
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3167 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:49 AM »
What keeps you on this forum?  Not saying I want you gone or anything, but you seem very calm and mature compared to the stereotypical member.  Not that your the only calm and mature one.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #3168 on: March 28, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
Calm & mature!? Me? Wow! Thanks!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3169 on: March 28, 2012, 08:15:50 AM »
he meant callaway

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3170 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
Calm & mature!? Me? Wow! Thanks!

no you are lonely and need to be seen.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3171 on: March 28, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
What keeps you on this forum?  Not saying I want you gone or anything, but you seem very calm and mature compared to the stereotypical member.  Not that your the only calm and mature one.

I like Intensity.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3172 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
I have an anole in my room and I want to make sure it gets some fruit and enough water. I don't think food is an issue since bugs will get in the same way the anole got in. I don't want to overwater my plants just to give the anole water. I am not sure if it is going outside to get water. I am pretty sure from watching it that it is hunting inside.
It is a brown anole. None of the sites I look at ever say what kind of fruit.

I didn't know that brown anole lizards ate fruit at all.  I thought that they ate mostly insects like small crickets and flies and small spiders.  You can mist your plants with a spray bottle a couple of times a day and the anole will lick the droplets of water off their leaves, or you could put some water in a saucer for it, which will also increase the humidity nearby. 

OK, I just did a search and I found a reference that said they will sometimes drink the juice from sweet soft fruit like bananas, peaches, and plums and you can puree a small amount of soft fruit as a treat and add the vitamins and calcium they need.

Thanks. The one in my room is eating some kind of small black flies that we have and some beetles too, I think. It doesn't seem interested in going back outside so I wanted to make sure it had everything it needed in here.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #3173 on: March 28, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »
Hopefully, not missing the other films, etc bit? For staying here because you like it, surely that much is obvious? I guess I'm the only one thinking 'but why (particularly)?' Obviously, I like I^2, so far; you get a fair mixture of people here & I just seem to get on better with the absence of a list of forum rules that are very similar to offline ones.

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3174 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »

I like Intensity.

fair enough.  I thought maybe you like the face that people like you are needed here.  IE, sensible people who can balance the mood of the silly ones.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #3175 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
Any forum wants a bit of a mixture & it's great to have more variety! lols

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3176 on: March 28, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »

I like Intensity.

fair enough.  I thought maybe you like the face that people like you are needed here.  IE, sensible people who can balance the mood of the silly ones.

That's also a good point that a good mix of people are needed, but personally I like that I don't always have to be careful to choose my words correctly, and that I don't need to walk on eggshells around someone's fragile feelings. 

Of course, that's not entirely accurate in some ways because some people who are very insensitive regarding other people's feelings while remaining very sensitive regarding their own feelings can still misinterpret what I or someone else meant, but that particular type of very thin-skinned person tends not to stick around here very long.

Offline BruceCM

• SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #3177 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
What else would you like to tell us about yourself? (Not at all vague!) lols

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3178 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »
Is it bad for someone who is recovering from anemia to exercise? Is it bad to try to go back to lifting weights, for example?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3179 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Is it bad for someone who is recovering from anemia to exercise? Is it bad to try to go back to lifting weights, for example?

I think that you would be able to exercise to some extent, but you probably should avoid strenuous exercise like lifting weights.  Maybe walking or swimming would be better than weightlifting (if you like swimming).

I think that your doctor would be a better person to ask how much you can do since s/he would know your hematocrit and other things concerning your overall health.